-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This may get to be a long story about how Reeds chose to act very unethically and I would recommend that no one shop with them again... read on if you feel compelled.

So the other day I order two boxes of 32-40 ammo from Reed's and through out the process it showed shipping cost of $0.00. I was pretty excited and thought the price was good and with free shipping it was a great deal... so much so that I went back and ordered a box of 300Savage in 130TSX b/c i have been wanting to try them also. I even sent Gary (Gnooah) a PM about the free shipping and that I had bought made two orders.

A few days later I get an email showing the agreed price, no shipping charge and stated my ammo was on its way. I got home very late last night and opened the mail this morning and found my ammo (just the 32-40, the 300Sav is apparently on back order)... looked great. Cleaning up the shipping mess I unfolded a piece of paper that showed my original order confirmation with an additional charge for shipping of $13. Credit card statement confirmed the charge.

I went back and verified all previous correspondence and even their currently online order tracker and none showed a shipping fee. I was now afraid they were going to ding me for that amount again when they shipped the 300 ammo so I dropped them an email and asked for an explanation and stated that I wished they would have held for the 300 also so as to avoid multiple charges.

I'll drop most of the details but we exchanged numerous emails in which he claimed their Terms and conditions page stated that all transactions include a shipping fee. I had already opened this page and read it... no such wording what so ever. I asked for clarity and he responded with a cut and paste that included this line about shipping fees on all transactions...

well I was worried something like this might happen so I had never closed the original page of the T&C...and I took a screen shot of it, and copy and pasted it to a word document. I then opened a new page to their T&Cs and low and behold he changed it!!! I actually still have both pages open.

I called him on it, told him it was dishonest, asked for a refund and an apology and he choice to go 180 degrees the opposite... he said some smartass remark about not knowing how I could have changed his website,etc etc etc.

I could go on and on but the end is what they did and how they handle this situation was incredibly unethical and unprofessional. I have attached screen shots of the two different T&C pages... not sure why they put it in the RETURNS section but I am guess he thought I would not have read that section. He further went on to delete my online confirmation page... good thing I already had a copy of that printed also...

I gave the guy a ton of opportunities to do the right thing. I was polite and up front with him, offered him reconsiderations, gave him my phone number and offered to have him call me and he chose to be an unethical weasel... so now I will tell everyone that I know about this and will file a BBB report and fight the charge on my CC.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg272/lohmaraj/newReedsTCpage.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg272/lohmaraj/OriginalReedsTCpage.jpg

Andrew
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
You need to contact your credit card holder and dispute the charge immediately. That puts the onus on him.

I guess - if it sounds too good to be true...

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Interesting, Drew, and thanks for sharing. A real bummer though.

"Living is hazardous to your health..."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats [bleep], talk about reserving the right to change the payment procedures at any time.

Well now when you google Reeds ammo,this thread comes up.

Last edited by Grogel_Deluxe; 04/22/12.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The guy had plenty of things he could have done or offered that would have made me happy...

had he said, I'll refund you for that shipment but I have to charge you for the 300 Savage ammo or cancel the order... I would have been happy.

Had he offered to ship the 300 for free and let me grab some other ammo to ship for free with it... I would have been happy.

Had he called before shipping and said, sorry but there was a computer problem and he needs to charge shipping or cancel the order... I would have not been happy but I would have moved on...

now the guy just acted like a jerk so he can talk to the BBB and my credit card company.

Andrew
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hope it was worth the $13 to him.

No doubt some hillbilly that knows how to load ammo, but doesn't understand how improtant customer relationships are to the success of a business.

What a dumb azz.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They'll not be getting any of my business.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I actually told him at the end that he had one more chance to not only not make a bad business decision but to apologize for his unethical practices that I caught him in... He just could not swallow his pride.

I told him I did not care about the fact that he made a mistake but what upset me was the way that he handled it... My last email had my phone number again and I offered to have him call me if he wanted to talk about it...

Andrew
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you go on Reed's website there are pages that are under construction , on other pages there are pictures missing replaced with red Xs.

That kinda stuff right there is a CLUE

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good to know. Sorry you got burned, but thanks for sharing this info.

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry to hear that, I know I've posted his web site a few times because I've used his ammo in both 32-40 and 303 and it was good quality. Never refer him again tho.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Wouldn't take long to have to close the doors if you shipped free, esp on small lots. Likely an error on someones part when they set up the shipping information. Unlikely done to deceive as that would let loose a monster that nobody would want to deal with. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
likely the case GW but it was how they handled it that bothers me...If it was an honest mistake and the system screwed up, they should have called and told me before just charging my card. That is where they first screwed up they charged my account without telling/asking me... they could have charged anything they want apparently as they did not seem to think they need my approval to charge my card. Then when I asked them about it, they were a jerk and then tried to maliciously deceive and lie to me even after I caught them in it. That's what really is the bad deal... they had zero moral/ethical courage and an utter lack of good business sense...

Andrew
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Most people concerned about their business reputation would have handled it differently. Looks like government work, went from an oversight to a cover up. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went to the Reeds web page yesterday and randomly set up an order for 6 boxes of ammo and went through the checkout process. In the checkout process there was a step, "shipping" and it showed "free".

I changed that order to 3 boxes of ammo. The shipping step in the checkout process then showed 17.00 shipping.

I then changed my order to 2 boxes of 32-40 and one box of 300 sav and went to the checkout. The "shipping" portion of the checkout DID NOT come up, I couldnt find it at all. Went to the end of the checkout process, just short of actually placing the order, with my invoice showing no shipping charges.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I just completed 3 weeks of trying to order $150.00 worth of ammo from him . He coulden't get 2 of my debit cards to work. re ordered with a straight cc he diden't attempt to fill that order a weeklater I cancelled it and ordered from someone else and had it in 3 days.I think he is losing it. so he can kiss my azz I won't bother him anymore. eek

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Devious behavior to say the least.

" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Drew -
Thanks for sharing this.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,543
Posts18,453,276
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.