Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Eremicus
All I can say is that our poor military guys sure do shoot alot of unreliable variable Leupolds.
E

Yep.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
BP-B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Please E leave it alone, your reading comprehension alone has me feeling sorry for you. Cripes I've seen 100 different people alone try and tell you how to spell "obvious" and "trophy" and you still spell it wrong every time. But the shame in this entire thread is the fact that you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
cfran,

E is a fuggin' mullet. He's too old to change or read with comprehension being the goal. He reads looking for his own two or three preconceived notions. When he finds them, that's the center piece for his argument. When he doesn't, he just skips over that part of the post. He's a worthless mullet.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
cfran,

E is a fuggin' mullet. He's too old to change or read with comprehension being the goal. He reads looking for his own two or three preconceived notions. When he finds them, that's the center piece for his argument. When he doesn't, he just skips over that part of the post. He's a worthless mullet.

I don't harbor any anger for E, quite the contrary. I'm not sure calling anyone a "mullet" will do any good, with that said it sure would be nice if he'd stop with the lies/misinformation. Otherwise I agree that you've nailed his mode of operation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
+2

Hate war

What does this have to do with the topic at hand? Who the [bleep] loves war anyway? Do you also hate rainy days traffic lights and rude people? kee-rist. Otherwise a great informative thread.

Some hotheaded wingnuts (Jorge!) ... Soldiers are the best. Now STFU ...

You are aware that Jorge1 has given a career serving his country as a US Naval Aviator .... Jeff STFU! wink ... As 'Stick often said, YOU could learn a lot by taking notes and not yapping

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Jimminy cricket.

If we could talk about scopes that would be nice. Regardless of what all of you are saying about Leupolds, from what I am getting out of this thread, they are being issued to troops deploying in theatre. That must mean something. If not, why are they still issued?

F, do you guys just swap out scopes, zero them and get back to business when one goes south? What is the SOP for a defective scope and getting that weapon back in the fight?

Last edited by Jeffrey; 04/26/12.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My intent is NOT to hijack this thread and I apologize but suffice to say I have neither the desire nor patience to dig up the scads of things JeffObama has spewed about the armed forces and again WTF does "hating war" have to to with this thread? AV thanks for the kind words and again I apologize to all but this jerk just makes me nuts. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by cfran
I don't harbor any anger for E, quite the contrary. I'm not sure calling anyone a "mullet" will do any good, with that said it sure would be nice if he'd stop with the lies/misinformation. Otherwise I agree that you've nailed his mode of operation.

When anyone on the field pulled a bone-headed play, or the guy you could count on to screw up, did, our coaches called them a mullet. As far as calling E a mullet doing any good; it makes me feel better. If others are offended by such an innocuous word as "mullet" perhaps they're on the wrong forum.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
E, why are you speculating on military sniper optics? You have no clue what you are talking about. "Serious tactical shooters or ex military???? Give me a break. That statement is all the more ludicrous because you are "arguing" with a sniper right now. I have been issued and used the M110, M24, MK12 MOD 0 and MOD 1, SR 25, M2010, MK 13 MOD 5, M82 and M107 Barrett, among others.

Leupold has only one (1) variable scope that was selected over other optics by the military. That being the MK8 1.1-8x CQBSS. The rest came as a package with the weapon system. Knight Armament chose the MK4 3.5-10x40 LR as the scope to put on the M110 SASS. Remington chose the 6.5-20x50 34mm MK4 for the M2010, and Barrett chose the MK4 4.5-14x50 for the M107.

The sniper scopes that have been tested and won contracts by the military in the last ten years are Schmidt and Bender and Nightforce.

Leupold is starting to get their head right and are producing some truly good scopes with the 34mm tube 6.5-20x50 MK4, the MK8 line, and the new MK 6's show promise.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Funny you mentioned reading skills here Dood. He commented that the Leupold posted would not be as good as the Nightforce mentioned. Then he says later that Leupold variables aren't reliable. Then he lists the Mk.4 3.5-10X40 variable as in service by the US military. But we are suppose to believe that Leupold variables aren't reliable......
Oh, I nearly forgot. Didn't he mentioned the new Mk8 scopes as also being in service with the military ?
All I can say is that our poor military guys sure do shoot alot of unreliable variable Leupolds.
Funny they don't wise up and use Nightforce scopes instead.
Most of the serious tactical shooters and ex military guys I've run into over the years say they are both excellent. The trick is to buy the NXS or the Mk.4 Leupold that meets your requirements. Try to get by with a cheap Leupold converted to tactical shooting by adding a few dials and it might not work under heavy use.
On the other hand, don't believe that NXS scopes will last forever under any conditions. Their very long waiting time proves that isn't so. E

This little passage proves beyond any doubt that you lack even rudimentary critical thinking skills.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Jimminy cricket.
F, do you guys just swap out scopes, zero them and get back to business when one goes south? What is the SOP for a defective scope and getting that weapon back in the fight?

Depends on the system and unit. For the M24 it had to go back to Remington as it was a "System".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Formidilosus
What would be your current favorite unit?

What would be your dream unit?

Say for out to 1000 yards

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Jimminy cricket.

Depends on the system and unit. For the M24 it had to go back to Remington as it was a "System".

Awesome... I wonder how much tax payers have to pay for such model efficiency.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
So say someday my Mark 4 variable takes a dive, would I be wise in replacing it with the fixed 10x Mark 4?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

When anyone on the field pulled a bone-headed play, or the guy you could count on to screw up, did, our coaches called them a mullet. As far as calling E a mullet doing any good; it makes me feel better. If others are offended by such an innocuous word as "mullet" perhaps they're on the wrong forum.

The only mullet you know anything about is the one you wore on your head back in the 80's..... grin

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
E, why are you speculating on military sniper optics? You have no clue what you are talking about. "Serious tactical shooters or ex military???? Give me a break. That statement is all the more ludicrous because you are "arguing" with a sniper right now. I have been issued and used the M110, M24, MK12 MOD 0 and MOD 1, SR 25, M2010, MK 13 MOD 5, M82 and M107 Barrett, among others.

Leupold has only one (1) variable scope that was selected over other optics by the military. That being the MK8 1.1-8x CQBSS. The rest came as a package with the weapon system. Knight Armament chose the MK4 3.5-10x40 LR as the scope to put on the M110 SASS. Remington chose the 6.5-20x50 34mm MK4 for the M2010, and Barrett chose the MK4 4.5-14x50 for the M107.

The sniper scopes that have been tested and won contracts by the military in the last ten years are Schmidt and Bender and Nightforce.

Leupold is starting to get their head right and are producing some truly good scopes with the 34mm tube 6.5-20x50 MK4, the MK8 line, and the new MK 6's show promise.

I bolded the passage of particular interest for you E. Did you notice the very conspicuous absence of the Leupold brand in that passage? Hmmmmm?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Jimminy cricket.

Awesome... I wonder how much tax payers have to pay for such model efficiency.

Surely you aren't serious...are you? Hussein has wasted BILLIONS on drivel. Snipers are a very small portion of the armed forces. If sniper units sent the whole system back for a stripped out screw head it wouldn't even register on the bottom line of our defense budget. Hussein has wasted BILLIONS on trying to ruin capitalism and our fossil fuel economy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My intent is NOT to hijack this thread and I apologize but suffice to say I have neither the desire nor patience to dig up the scads of things JeffObama has spewed about the armed forces and again WTF does "hating war" have to to with this thread? AV thanks for the kind words and again I apologize to all but this jerk just makes me nuts. jorge

Boy, you are one screechy little teakettle.

If you did have the patience and desire to dig through the scads of things I've said about our military you'll not find me denigrating the soldier. Ever. You will find me talking about the size, cost, and mission-- which are things you yourself have your issues with-- so please, either back up what you claim about me or STFU. But enough with the petulance and distortions. Not cool.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bro, this is way to much information for him to digest. After reading that, he'll probably start quoting DEVA tests or perhaps school you on proper focusing techniques.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Boy, you are one screechy little teakettle.

If you did have the patience and desire to dig through the scads of things I've said about our military you'll not find me denigrating the soldier. Ever. You will find me talking about the size, cost, and mission-- which are things you yourself have your issues with-- so please, either back up what you claim about me or STFU. But enough with the petulance and distortions. Not cool.

Why don't you two take this feud some place else.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
718 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 78 invisible), 2,697 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.