Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
j2dogs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This is posted on another thread but I thought I would start with this previous info.
I bought a lone wolf barrel for my 10 it consistently had light primer strickes while my factory barrel shot perfectly. I suspected that the chamber was cut to long. I sent the barrel back to them they refunded my money minus 15% restocking fee and shipping, I have ordered a kkm barrel will post how it goes when I get it.

Well got the KKM barrel in and guess what no light strikes, Lone Wolf insisted there was nothing wrong with there barrel, what a load of Hogsh*t! If my factory barrel worked perfectly and the KKM barrel worked perfectly, and I was lucky to get 2 to fire out of a clip on the Lone Wolf barrel the rest were light struck. They should have refunded all my money plus shipping for sending me that crap. Enough b*tching. This KKM barrel rocked it. No feed jams. Accuracy was awesome, came close to cutting a 6 inch sapling in two from 30 yds of hand with two clips of ammo (180 FMJ Masters ammo). I could not be happier with this set up. I think the barrel even looks better in the gun.
Lesson learned; cheaper in this case defintley not better.
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the write up.
I have been thinking about a LW or KKM 6" for my G20 at some point. I will keep your experience in mind.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good deal, haven't heard any issues with Lone Wolf as they are reputable but I guess everyone can make a lemon. Ultimately the only thing I find is my Glocks are all stock except for the night sights.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Esox357
Ultimately the only thing I find is my Glocks are all stock except for the night sights.

I have always had the same philosophy, but the idea of being able to run the hot 10mm stuff without being so tough on the brass appeals to me.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I suspected that the chamber was cut to long.
Did you check the chamber yourself to see if it was cut long or just assumed.
My LW 20 barrel has never missed a lick...neither has my LW22..

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I never had any issue with my lone wolf 6" barrel either.

j2dogs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
OEM barrel shot perfect, KKM barrel shot perfect. What ever the problem was I do not know for sure. I do know one thing. "Drop in fit" means "Drop in fit". The Lone Wolf missed it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well, whoever brought these KKM barrels to my attention...curse you!

I'm going to get the 6" barrel for my G20 with the 6" slide, and I'm retiring the Lone Wolf barrel. Additionally, I'm going to get the standard length one that has the compensator on it for my other G20. Gonna cost me $450.00 after shipping.

Thanks a lot.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Josh Sorensen
I never had any issue with my lone wolf 6" barrel either.

I was shooting some old semi-wad cutters in my G20 that I outfitted with the 6" slide and the 6" Lone Wolf barrel. I had a lot of fail-to-feed malfunctions. The slide, which has a 20lb recoil spring, would strip the round off of the top of the mag, then it would get stuck trying to pivot the round up and over the feed ramp and into the chamber. It pinched the round on the bottom edge of the chamber and the top of the chamber about a third or half way in. That Glock has been retired until I get the KKM 6" barrel. The rounds were old, and the brass was rough, but it needs to feed reliably or I have no confidence in it.

j2dogs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Others may have had good experience with LW. Mine was not good at all. Wish I had not tried to have taken the cheapest way out to begin with. IMHO KKM is well worth the few extra $$, to get a precision, confidence building, piece of engineering.
Thanks KKM. In my book you certainly do "Rock"

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
KKM has been good to me. I don't have experience with LW.

The extra chamber support may adversely effect feeding of some bullets like Magnumdood mentioned.

j2dogs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have been shooting 180 grain truncated cone FMJ, has fed flawlessly. A very wide nose lead bullet may encounter some problems, have not tried them. I imagine with kkm customer serivce they could get it to feed reliable if you sent them the barrel and bullet combo.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'll be shooting the Underwood 200gr HP/1250 fps in both of my G20's. Someone on this forum was picking up an additional 125 fps with the 6" barrel. A 200 grain HP scooting along at 1375 fps is some serious KE...for a carryable/concealable, semi-auto pistol.

Sure, my S&W 500 with a 6" barrel will get a 385 grain HP moving 1900 fps easily...it'll do 2000 fps if you want to put up with the recoil and muzzle blast. But the S&W 500 is not concealable, and after several hours of anything but hunting, I doubt many would say it was carryable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a Lone Wolf barrel on a Glock 26.... Wanted to shoot lead reloads..... Works fine.... The engraved wolf logo is tacky but the price was right...

I have more recently spent time researching a Glock 10 MM ... Lots more folks seem to be complaining about LW QC issues and poor customer service . If I get another aftermarket barrel it will not be a Lone Wolf.....

Please don't feed the trolls!
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
My LWD 9mm conversion barrel for my G22 (40 S&W) has been great so far. To bad yours didn't work for you. You seem to have the setup you want now.

Good luck and good shooting, NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I have a Lone Wolf barrel on a Glock 26.... Wanted to shoot lead reloads..... Works fine.... The engraved wolf logo is tacky but the price was right...

I have more recently spent time researching a Glock 10 MM ... Lots more folks seem to be complaining about LW QC issues and poor customer service . If I get another aftermarket barrel it will not be a Lone Wolf.....

I paid them $2 extra to put the Lone Wolf logo out of sight
They burned it on the bottom...

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by j2dogs
This is posted on another thread but I thought I would start with this previous info.
I bought a lone wolf barrel for my 10 it consistently had light primer strickes while my factory barrel shot perfectly. I suspected that the chamber was cut to long. I sent the barrel back to them they refunded my money minus 15% restocking fee and shipping, I have ordered a kkm barrel will post how it goes when I get it.

Well got the KKM barrel in and guess what no light strikes, Lone Wolf insisted there was nothing wrong with there barrel, what a load of Hogsh*t! If my factory barrel worked perfectly and the KKM barrel worked perfectly, and I was lucky to get 2 to fire out of a clip on the Lone Wolf barrel the rest were light struck. They should have refunded all my money plus shipping for sending me that crap. Enough b*tching. This KKM barrel rocked it. No feed jams. Accuracy was awesome, came close to cutting a 6 inch sapling in two from 30 yds of hand with two clips of ammo (180 FMJ Masters ammo). I could not be happier with this set up. I think the barrel even looks better in the gun.
Lesson learned; cheaper in this case defintley not better.
[Linked Image]

How long is that tube?
Looks longer than 6"?

j2dogs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just a 6'er, have a couple friends that said it looked odd. Did a little accuracy test off a sand bag at 35 yds. shot a 3 shot group you could cover with silver dollar. I can't get enough of this gun. I have 1911's and I have magnum revolvers, but when you combine the two, and have a magnum auto. that shoots that good, kinda of addicting!:)

Last edited by j2dogs; 04/11/12.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by j2dogs
Just a 6'er, have a couple friends that said it looked odd. Did a little accuracy test off a sand bag at 35 yds. shot a 3 shot group you could cover with silver dollar. I can't get enough of this gun. I have 1911's and I have magnum revolvers, but when you combine the two, and have a magnum auto. that shoots that good, kinda of addicting!:)

very nice,
after looking at mine, it is because I am used to seeing the compensated barrel that makes your's look "different"

I know what you mean about the "magnum" auto.
That's what sold me on the G20.

j2dogs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Went back to the range again today to make sure my turkey gun was still sighted, thought I would let the 10 tag along. It turned out to be 32 yards instead of 35. But I am still happy with the group I shot, with this economy the silver dollar turned into a sliver dime, thats a good thing:)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 64 invisible), 2,743 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,052
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.