Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
nsaqam is saying something, but I've had him on ignore for years now, so who cares?

"Smile, God loves you!"
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by farmer
Sounds like Matt is a pucking saint.

That's my title.

Travis

Oh, sorry did not know that.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Wow, it never ceases to amaze how some people get worked up into a lather and bitch in public about stuff that should be worked out in PHONE conversation. I always include my cell number, just in case I am unfortunate enough to deal with someone like you.
Thanks for the advance notice, I'll toss you in the Ignore scrap heap along with the other drama queens.

Last edited by m_stevenson; 05/11/12.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta agree with you there M Steve.

Just looking at what the OP and 444 each contribute to this site and I'll say that I like what I see from 444 a whole lot more.

Now is the time that all the people who just post in the Classifieds jump on me for being unfair to their non-contributory asses.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Nsaqam is a very good individual to deal with !! You can take that to the bank a1 in my book fellows

You can shear a sheep many times.But you can only skin him once!
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 444Matt
Oh and don't worry, A saint I ain't!

Matt

Uh oh, now I'm worried!!
laugh

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the kind words Isaac.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by nsaqam
AZ, what part of "I" and "me" don't you understand?

I'm not entitled to feel the way I do about people who only post in the Classifieds?

This Campfire to me is a place where shooting and hunting information is shared, knowledge relayed and things learned. It has a nice Classifieds section too but that is merely a convenience and not remotely the primary attraction.

Apparently for some, you for one, that is the only attraction.
+1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6365231/Caution_on_U_S_Mail#Post6365231
A few weeks ago I posted the above item. Sorry I didn`t see this calling out of Matt sooner.Could have assured the OP that he had nothing to worry about.Have done two deals with Matt and met him personally. Patience and a phone call could have avoided all this.If the OP needed a phone # for Matt all he had to do was ask and I would have sent it to him.He ain`t a Saint,just a hard working Alabama countryboy.
Joe

"......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I was going to post some camping gear for sale but didnt get around to it yet. I figured someone would buy it, as I had a great price in mind. Well, wouldnt you know, no offers came in. No communication. They guy who was likely going to buy it ended up not contacting me at all.

So here I am, with no package, no money, no shipping label, and I am not really sure who the hell to send it to.

Should I keep it boxed up? unbox the items?

What would you guys do?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
USPS Track & Confirm:

You entered: 03112550000258877087

Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

That's what I got when the tracking numbers were plugged in. Based upon what has transpired and still no refund, this wouldn't be making me feel warm and fuzzy... Communication IS the key. Although I think both parties share in the communication break down, in this case the seller had the greater burden to perform because he had been paid, knew at least 4 weeks ago that he had improperly shipped ammo and it had not been received, and had agreed to refund. If the seller would have communicated (or sent the refund and then followed up to confirm receipt), then there's no problem. The buyer may have jumped the gun calling the seller out, but IMO he was on last PM away from being 100% in the right. We can all learn from what happened here. I hope the buyer gets his $$ back.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 05/11/12.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
I was going to post some camping gear for sale but didnt get around to it yet. I figured someone would buy it, as I had a great price in mind. Well, wouldnt you know, no offers came in. No communication. They guy who was likely going to buy it ended up not contacting me at all.

So here I am, with no package, no money, no shipping label, and I am not really sure who the hell to send it to.

Should I keep it boxed up? unbox the items?

What would you guys do?

Hey! start your own call-out thread dammit,,Fricken Rookies,,

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chesterwy
You are leaving out a few details on our conversations via pm. After you informed me that you sent it in the mail I informed you that was a violation of USPS policy. No reply. Five days later I asked for my money back. The next day you pm me telling me the shipment is stuck in Denver. You asked for my address which I sent. No reply from you beyond that. No check is in the mail. Nothing. As has been stated before communication is key.

You should have picked up the phone and called him. The fact that you didn't, and brought it up here, makes you look like a azz. Do you honestly believe that Matt would put his reputation on the line for a pissy $65.00?

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Wow, it never ceases to amaze how some people get worked up into a lather and bitch in public about stuff that should be worked out in PHONE conversation. I always include my cell number, just in case I am unfortunate enough to deal with someone like you.

You should have picked up the phone and called him. The fact that you didn't, and brought it up here, makes you look like a azz.

True.

I was recently invoved in a deal, for a rifle, not a couple boxes of ammo ($65), that went bad, for THREE months.

I had a phone number, actually two (home & cell). I tried calling, and got some lame excuses. Then, I got the dreaded "This number is no longer in service". eek

So, I went old school, and sent a letter to the address that I had sent the check. No response.

Notice, still no public freak-out in a calling out thread? After three months, two disconnected phone numbers, and an unanswered letter that threatened legal action? And for a lot more money that $65?

While composing another letter that would be sent via Registered Mail, with another threat of legal action, I was also doing a bunch of internet sesrching. Turned up a work number, and another number that appeared to be home. I tried the home number, and BINGO, he answered.

He admitted to not shipping the rifle, and ignoring the letter.

I reminded him that I had a solid address, and the next correspondence that he would receive was a lawsuit, and I'd see him in court. He "promised" that it would ship the next day. I said that if I didn't have the rifle in-hand in two days, that I would proceed with legal action.

Notice, STILL no public drama.

Sure enough, the rifle arrived two days later.

I did this all on my own, it's not hard to do.

Only after another member posted that he was in the same situation with the same seller, and was yet to get his rifle, did I publicly post about it.

Sounds like the OP here went straight to [bleep]-out after having a few PMs ignored, over a few boxes of ammo. Doesn't sund like much effort was expended, other than to beat on his keyboard, crying about how he got took.

Try a little harder next time, and work at it on your own a little more, before reverting to the public call-outs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of us are willing to go to remarkable lengths to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
One incident I had a year ago or so was Smithrjd and I agreed to swap scopes straight across. We both sent our scopes with delivery confirmation. I got the scope he sent in a timely manner and the DC# check said that the scope I sent him was delivered as well.
Well he tells me he never got the scope. I didn't know how to handle this since the USPS said the scope was delivered. I completely believed Smithrjd when he said he never got it though.
I offered to pay the $300 his scope was worth and just chalk it up to bad luck. Smithrjd was having none of that however and he offered to cough up $150 of the price. Neither of us were happy about it but it seemed the best solution for both of us.
A few days later a neighbor several streets over brings the package to Smithrjd and all turned out well.
Never once did any of this get made public. It was handled like men should handle stuff.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Kenneth
The common denominator in many of these call-out threads, is the breakdown of communication, which is then replaced by frustration.

I believe each and every step in the transaction should require a pm to buyer/seller, check sent, pm sent. Check received, pm sent and so forth. Obviously honesty is important here....

I bought a scope last week from this forum, The seller and I have 9 pm's telling of each and every step of the transaction. The scope should arrive tomorrow.

And chesterwy, we're not his Loyalist, this one just didn't pass the smell test, Yet, I understand you wanting your product or your cash. Sometimes we all get a little frustrated and impatient.

This sums it up pretty well. I always leave communication at every step of the way. I like to hear when checks have made it and when they havent, when items are delivered or not, etc. Without communication, you have one side waiting and getting upset while the other things life is just fine. It is good business practice to communicate until the end of the transaction.

This is one of those deals that hit a snag, it will get worked out....

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Just out of curiosity... how long does a person need to wait after you pay for an item, before you should expect a refund? If the shoe was on the other foot, and the op bought a gun from you, but didnt send the money for 6 weeks, is that ok? Would you put it up for sale, or just sit there and wait? Would he be a dead beat bidder? I venture every person on here would relist the rifle and move on.

If I send my money out in the mail, I want the product. I dont want someone sitting on my cash for 2 weeks before they can find time to ship the itme. If that is going to be the case, it should be brought up during the transaction.

People need to remember that the buyer is putting himself at risk when he sends funds through the mail. When things take longer than normal, you start feeling like you may have been taken. The longer you wait to take action, the harder it is to reclaim your money, or justify the crime to any agency that can help. What would the police say if you sent money for a rifle and waiting 6 months before reporting that it didnt arrive?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Expecting a refund is one thing. However, calling someone out on a forum like this is just petty.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I've read every post in this thread... communication in every deal is the most important aspect... weather good or bad deals... it all goes back to communication...to the guys with lots of post... you enjoy spreading your knowledge... to the guy with low # post your either new or like me... my father told me a long time ago that God gave man two eyes and two ears and one mouth.. Listen and look twice as much as you speak..... I read a lot on the Fire but it doesn't count the times you read a post to gain knowledge but only what you write or speak�. I been on the fire for a long time don�t have very many post� but I enjoy reading about the differences in the different areas of hunting.. I also enjoy looking in the classified for a deal � never sold anything on the fire... I really enjoy this place... the OP and Matt444 should have never let this get on the classified... that way all the pissing and moaning.. Would not have started�this is the only thing that disappoints me about the fire�I�ll get Off my soap box and back to work�. We all have one thing in common�. We Love and Enjoy GUNS�� We need to stick together�
Archie

Men and Rivers are made crooked by the path of least resistance....!!!!!!!
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mikeymjr23
Expecting a refund is one thing. However, calling someone out on a forum like this is just petty.

BS.

It was a last-ditch effort by the OP to get resolution on a deal which had gone bad. His communications w/ the seller had failed to produce any results for his money, and he obviously had not been provided a phone number, so attempted to resolve this through PM's which appear to have not been sufficiently answered in a reasonable manner.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 65 invisible), 2,698 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,037
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.