Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tullos43,

Obviously not GeneB but you will need to determine if you have a Mossberg made Premier or a Savage made Premier. Read this thread from the top, both are described in the second post.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
GB1

T
T
Romac, Thanks.

T
T
I am still learning how to reply so please excuse the multiple responses. My two guns are both Mossbergs, but they are slightly different. Visually they look exactly the same but several of the screws have different sizes and threads.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The barrels just screw off as far as I know - I never took one off myself. I just looked at a receiver half I have and the threads are standard direction and there is nothing to pin the barrel on.

Be carefull taking the magazine tube off, it is pinned to the front mount ring to hold it in --- support the ring when trying to remove the pin because the mag tube ring 'dove tails' in the barrel are circular meaning the rings do not slide out but have to be turned 90� for removal - trying to slide them out side ways will damage them and the barrel.

Some more info in my reply to your PM - you should see a blinking flag at the top of your screen next to "My Stuff".

Gene

Gene
D
D
Hello, I am new to this group. I am trying to repair a Premier pump 22 that my father had. No model on it just Premier on top of barrel and 22 long and short rifle on the side.It has an octagon barrel on it.I believe all I need is the bolt block.Anyone have any spare parts for sale or or know where I could buy parts?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
First you have to look through the pictures and determine if it's Mossberg or Savage made. I haved not seen a bolt for either listed for quite a while. I just sold a bolt for the Mossberg version but I had to piece it together with parts from three incomplete one - I found out some of the parts on these are not 100% interchangable & require a lot of fitting. The person I sold it to had purchased a stripped bolt body (said he paid $25) but could not find any of the other parts. I have stripped bolt bodies but I don't think you will ever find all the other parts...that will fit, there seems to have been a few changes made to these over the years.

If you see one make sure the locking lugs aren't deformmed & then stick to standard velocity ammunition.

Gene
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If anyone has some good pics of the parts, I can look to see if I have any of the premier parts. Probelm is they would have gotten pitched in with the savage stuff more thank likely.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 51 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,090
Posts18,464,038
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.