Campfire Oracle
Sometimes ya gotta use both.

One for meat:

[Linked Image]

One for the veggies:

[Linked Image]

I call it Grill Center:

[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mmmm...is it ready yet? grin That grill with the steaks on it is exactly the kind we've been using for 20 years. They work pretty good.

I just spent the last two hours assembling my new grill. It seems pretty nice to me for a $100 grill. It has a temp gauge, hinged lid, chimney with adjustable vent, adjustable inlets on both ends, a warming tray, and a folding tabletop. The fire rests on its own height-adjustable steel grate with a pan under it to catch the ashes. Looks alright to me. Can't wait to try it.

Here's a couple cellphone pics. Sorry they're dark:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a gas grill until a tornado picked it up & body slammed it out in the backyard. No intention of getting another gas grill.

I now use a charcoal grill but I fire it with wood , not charcoal.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
The last time I bought a gas grill was about 5 years ago, and it was a little over $100 for a basic grill. Nothing fancy, no side burner. I once had a grill with a side burner and never used it -- not once.

Well, last week I had flames shooting out the front of old trusty grill and aluminum dripping onto the patio. Now, we're having company tomorrow night and I need a grill quick. So, we've been shopping for one.

The only basic grill I can find is too small. Everything else has way too many features and is $400 or more. I can't believe people are buying the $900 models. Come on -- these things sit outside!

What do you guys have?
What do you think about the side burners?
What's a good, basic model that is built to last?
Can I get a decent grill with a price limit a little north of $200?

Steve.

You wanna impress the neighbors? Get one a "discada". You can do lots of things with it.

[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Then again... I bought this, NIB, at a garage sale a while back. Still had the price tag...$5.49.

[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If you are a savvy shopper, you can catch some great deals on Weber gas grills. I bought a Genesis Silver C about 2004 or 2005 as a model year close out for a little more than $300 otd. This was about a $600 grill before the close out. It is wonderful gas grill and leagues ahead of other $300 grills that I have used.

It is so consistant, I've baked on it...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a Char-Broil two-burner unit I bought on clearance from Home Depot in fall, 2010 for $67.88. No side burner. I prefer charcoal but the gas is easier for my life right now.

My porch is on a main street in a not-so-great area and it has survived almost two years. I'd rather not chain it to my railing as if they want to steal my grill, I would like the railings to remain intact, LOL.

It's a good little unit, perfectly sized for some ribs or burgers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't be afraid of a used weber. The one I use on a regular basis is an original Genesis with wood trim 25 years old. It's had new grates and new bars and been re-plumbed for natural gas but it works as good as it did brand new.

I bought a used weber for the hunting camp for $60 including the tank. It heats like a mother!

Look in craigslist. You should be able to find an almost new used weber genesis for $200. You'll never regret it.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Then again... I bought this, NIB, at a garage sale a while back. Still had the price tag...$5.49.

[Linked Image]

Pat, you've got close to $5 worth of foil packed into that thing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I recently (2 yrs ago) installed my first built in grill on my patio. We grill alot. Probably 3-4 nights a week. Anyway, started shopping for grills and wow amazed at the variety and prices. I decided to go with a decent model because it does get used and it just cooks better. I went with the 36" Jenn Air stainless model at Lowes and it works FANTASTIC. Cost a thousand bucks, but some of the stuff I looked at was around 4-6 K..............I believe you get what you pay for but that was just too steep for me.
Hopefully this link will let you see it.
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...elshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Last edited by jmp300wsm; 05/21/12.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,901 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,357
Posts18,468,926
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.