Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by TXRam
Originally Posted by burner
No problem!

Now if I could just remember how to convert PSI to " WC without googling. wink

Just remember - 27.7"WC = 1psi.

Also, just another tidbit of info that alot of other folks probably are not aware of - the pressure in a propane tank varies GREATLY due to ambient temps - at 0F, it's only ~25psig and at 100F it's up to ~180psig!

Good to know, thanks. I had heard in general around 250 psi but again, sometimes I get inaccurate info. smile

BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by TXRam
OK, coleman stoves (don't know about grills) operate at 15psi per coleman. So, if my camper's propane supply is about that (sounds like it should be per burner's post above), I should be able to run it straight off the trailer's supply without adding another line, regulator, etc.

Originally Posted by burner
Keep in mind that Coleman back in their heyday in the RV world did lots of dicky things to make their product harder to use universally, so you may need to find an adapter or different thread style for your Coleman outdoor grill to hook it up properly. IIRC the ones we had left over at the RV store took a different threaded fitting.

Thanks again! This (the fitting(s)) was what I was trying to ask in my initial post - sorry if it wasn't clear.

For the others, I know I can get a coleman adaptor to come straight off of the large tank at high pressure, but this is not what I'm trying to accomplish. My camper already has a propane hose with a quick connect fitting on the side of the trailer - just need the fitting(s) for the coleman stove to connect to a hose from that quick connect - cleaner/easier connection. The fitting to connect directly to the stove is not available at Camping World, Academy or my local RV place - off to check with a propane supply house next, surely we can make something work.

I am PMing you the number of a place to call. As of when I was last there, they had Coleman hoses with the proper fittings available.

I would still double-check on the operating PSI of the grill. I think it may likely be much lower than 15 psi. That's just my gut feeling. You will have an unlightable appliance at the very least if you try to ignite 15 psig with a piezo or match. At worst, possible hazard.

Last edited by burner; 05/22/12.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1 foot of Head equals .434 psi.

So if we break it down, .434'/12" =.036 per inch.

Yes, also 27.7 inches of W.C. equals 1 psi. 27.77x.036 = 1 psi.

Last edited by Kenneth; 05/22/12.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just a FYI, but the regulator on an RV is typically a automatic changeover integral two stage that reduces tank pressure to 10 to 15 psi with the 1st stage, and the second stage of the regulator further reduces the pressure to 11 inches of WC just like the system's in a house. Can't speak to the two burner you have, but the hookup for your grill is more than likely also 11 inches of WC, so you will need to know what your two burner require's. It may work and it may not.

Last edited by byron; 05/22/12.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I might add that if your two burner require's more pressure than 11 inches WC, you should be able to use the regulator that comes with most two burner's (where the 1 lb throwaway's screw on) and run an approved hose to it from an extend-a-stay placed between the tank and the pigtail.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by byron
I might add that if your two burner require's more pressure than 11 inches WC, you should be able to use the regulator that comes with most two burner's (where the 1 lb throwaway's screw on) and run an approved hose to it from an extend-a-stay placed between the tank and the pigtail.

Extend-a-stay! That's the name of the kit I was thinking of that I wanted to mention. Thanks! Just had a flashback to the Stag-Parkway catalog. Many times I had to look that up for people.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
oldie �

Flier in mid-air, falling fast beneath a flopping parachute, meets a man going up.

"Do you know how to make a parachute open?"

"No. Do you know how to light a gas stove?"

I know enough that you don't turn the gas on and then go to the house for a match!

Decent eye brows take forever to grow back!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'm too embarrassed to say how many times I have tediously wrapped tin foil over the grates on my grille only to have it blown off and ripped because the igniter didn't work on the 1st or second try, but decided to light after about 10 seconds on the 10th try or so... cry

Now I light the grille with the grate off and put it on after I see flames. cool

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
709 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.