-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Anybody here done a recent inventory of reloading equipment and supplies amassed over the years? I have been reloading for only 35 yrs. and have a lot of things on my "would like to have list" that I am sure will be added over time. I just changed insurance companies and am putting a rider on my guns and as an afterthought I decided to inventory my little 6' x 9' reloading room. I was amazed to discover a value (replacement cost) of over $8,000.00. I have seen pics on here of reloading rooms much larger and more equipped than mine and can only imagine....

Not trying to scare off any future reloaders; remember it took 35 yrs. but I was still a little shocked. I'll add pictures in the morning.....

Last edited by lastround; 05/24/12.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
A fellow reloader and I were, just yesterday, discussing the current prices on ammo.

At forty bucks a box, it would not take long to come up with eight grand in loaded ammo.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Very true! I could have added that without all that "stuff" I could not shoot nearly as much as I do and besides, reloading is just plain fun and interesting. However, I still didn't dream that I had that much stuff.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Looks more like eighty in those pics. Looks great, though. And I thought I had a lot of stuff.

Last edited by lastround; 05/24/12.

Doug
IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
You've got ME beat Shrapnel smile

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I took inventory 10 years ago in a divorce. Over $10,000 in hand loading, rifles, scopes, and other stuff at that time. I'm betting it's more like $20,000 now.

Amazing how those ones and twos add up!

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I probably have over 8K just in powder and another 3 or 4 K in primers. It's all boxed up for a pending move. I cry when I think about having to move my lead stash since I cast bullets.

At one with the gun.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Your not s reloader, your a hoarder. Nice stash

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Let us know when the next estate sale is going to be...... whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
A fellow reloader and I were, just yesterday, discussing the current prices on ammo.

At forty bucks a box, it would not take long to come up with eight grand in loaded ammo.

Would not take long to pay for a start-up reloading set neither, counting all consumable components also.

Reloading is a passed down skill in my family from my dads side. I have an old paper can half full of hodgdons surplus 4831. Price on the little tag, $1.30. cool The stuff still good too, No red dust or any sign of deterioration. Wish it was an 8 lb keg........

happiness is elbow deep in elk guts.
NRA life member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had a similar experience, and all I've got to say is, it's been a fun 38 years. I'm sure I've saved enough (assuming I'd have shot as much w/o reloading) to pay for the equipment. I started in 1974, with a Lee loader. When I bought a press in 1979, it was a good one, and I'm still using it and most everything else purchased since w/o replacement. My electronic stuff is only a few years old..I doubt it will stand the test of time like the original stuff though.

Last edited by 300_savage; 05/26/12.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Shrapnel ... two words for ya buddy
In Sane

Alright I feelin a little "Reload envy" here. NICE!!!

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Adding up the cost of what I have sitting around is probably an enterprise best left undone.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have NO reloading equipment officer!

No guns, no scopes no nothing...

oh all of that stuff was here when we moved in... whistle
I have NO idea what it is for or how you use it... grin

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Seafire
I have NO reloading equipment officer!

No guns, no scopes no nothing...

oh all of that stuff was here when we moved in... whistle
I have NO idea what it is for or how you use it... grin

Yeah right. The nose is growing

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
shrapnel

It looks like you need to remodel a bit to expand the room so you can put more stuff in there.

You have the reloading equipment of my dreams.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My reload room is soon to be 15x15 with three spacious closets. It is currently 10x10.

I have been at it since 1972. I have spent more effort lately upgrading to better tools. So, in that respect I suppose I have substantial funds invested.

I give away my replaced items. I could not even begin to guess the inventory costs.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
shrapnel

It looks like you need to remodel a bit to expand the room so you can put more stuff in there.

You have the reloading equipment of my dreams.

Actually my reloading room, as it is, fits like a worn out flannel shirt that you just can't throw away. If I had more room, I would have more stuff, and at the rate I am shooting, which is still quite a bit, I believe I have enough to last me almost to the end.

That is a scary thought, that I might actually be able to see that far, or that near...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Compared to you, Shrapnel, I am a rank dabbler in the reloading business. smile

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 2,866 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,163
Posts18,465,177
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.