Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
For those that have used this product: once you've applied it, do you use brass brushes going forward? Nylon? Or just use solvents and patches? How many patches, on average, to clean a good barrel (one that was already not bad to clean) if you've put, say, 20 rounds through it? Thanks.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
BP-B6

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
TexasPh,

I have applied it to my 30-06, and I do not use brass brushes. I believe the instructions say not to use brass brushes after applying.

I use Butch's Bore Shine (because that's the bottle I have right now). 3 wet patches, maybe a nylon brush, another wet patch, 7 or 8 dry patches, and that's about all it takes. And I will add I likely run more patches than I need, trying to get one that comes out white.

I have yet to ever see a perfectly white patch after cleaning, by the way. Almost always some rifling mark on them.

I would recommend the stuff. Probably cut my cleaning time to less than 10 minutes.

v/r
Joel

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've now done 8 rifles- 7 centerfire and one muzzleloader.
All I now use for cleanup is a patch or two of Hoppes #9, on a cleaning jag, followed by a couple of dry patches. That's usually all that's needed.
I don't use brass brushes at all anymore. If I feel the need to really clean up a bore, Wipe Out gets the nod.
I'm trying a new experiment (new for me, anyway)- I have a brand new Ruger #1, .257 Roberts, unfired, that I have cleaned up and applied Dyna Bore Coat to. I'm going to forego the usual break in ritual I have gone thru with all my other new rifles, and see if the DBC from day one will work as well.
So far, so good- I ran 20 rounds thru the new barrel today, and cleanup was as described above- two Hoppes patches, two dry patches, and the last patch had not even a little hint of fouling on it.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Where are you ordering your Dyna Bore Coat from? or are you purchasing it local?

Thanks

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by MoranoGrande
Where are you ordering your Dyna Bore Coat from? or are you purchasing it local?

Thanks

Some folks can probably get it locally. And I am pretty sure places like Midway and Brownell's have it. I got mine directly from:

http://www.dynamicfinishes.com/companies/dynatek-coatings/

Not sure where the best deal is to be had.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can also get it from the campfire store

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have treated multiple rifles from 22-250 up to 35 Whelen and all I can say is I no longer need a Bronze brush. They all clean up that easy. Bear

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks, guys. I did a few rifles recently and am impressed with what a difference it makes!

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WoodsyAl
Originally Posted by MoranoGrande

Thanks

Some folks can probably get it locally. And I am pretty sure places like Midway and Brownell's have it. I got mine directly from:

http://www.dynamicfinishes.com/companies/dynatek-coatings/

Thanks for the link. I have GOT to try some of that stuff in a hard-to-clean .223.

Not sure where the best deal is to be had.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the link.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
404 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 38 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,902
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.