-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 32 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 31 32
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
most of these guys are way past the sick puppy stage!

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yup, just a buncha OLD DAWGS! laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BTW, Patty called me and apologized too boot. But I do understand her getting busy, BTDT. We will catch up with one another next time around, heck they might become neighbors one day even.

Kath and I were just out bumming around spending the day out and about.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Deleted, duplicated post elsewhere...

Last edited by achildofthesky; 06/05/12.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Kind of a stupid question (the only truly stupid question being the one you do not ask for what ever reason) but as I am a bit of a 'tard I reckon it is ok. How much ammo are YOU bringing to Quemado this year?

Please feel free to enlighten me by firearm and totals. I don't want to be overly embarrassed with a paltry ammo supply for the rifle(s) and pistol(s) I might bring... If I can pull this off I hope to bring a couple of each to share if I can scrounge components in 30 cal (perhaps 45-70 if I have enough) and for 45 acp. Also will bring a pile of 22lr if appropriate.

Thanx for the input and be safe to all. Enjoy the week...
Patty

Last edited by achildofthesky; 06/06/12. Reason: I am a dolt...
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I get to come, and right now it is kinda doubtful (details to follow about some new big hurdles) I would not really bring that much in the way of guns and ammo. One or two guns for show and tell including the 416 Rigby, but I would rather visit and get to know people than shoot for a long time and everyone have to wear ear muffs. I can shoot here, I cannot meet 24hrcf members form all parts and visit with them here in Walla Walla. My take on the whole thing, anyway.

Visiting and eating and yakking will be my focus, others may have other priorities which is of course just fine.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hi Patty. I will give your question a try, although the answer is a mixed bag. Others should, and will, feel free to correct anything I get wrong.

Some folks will bring enough to enjoy their firearms for a while and also for interested others to have a go with their guns. Maybe 40 - 50 rounds per, maybe more. Shooting a few rounds through other folks interesting guns is a big part of the fun.

For example, if I get my prep done, will try to bring one or two TC handguns and maybe 40/50 rounds to shoot and share, one or two rifles that someone may find a little offbeat and interesting with similar amount of rounds and maybe one revolver or semi-auto handgun and some rounds. If I happen to find any cheap, will bring some spare ammo for others - stuff I am not likely to shoot.

I did not see anyone bring a big sack full of any loads to the two most recent SW gatherings. Although the fun shooting - and the related comments - compliments on guns, bragging, cameraderie and nice competition - is one centerpiece, we do not shoot for all that long. In other words, it has not been "shoot, shoot, shoot" to the exclusion of other activities. If we happen to be able to set up camp at a place where we can just stroll out into the forest and shoot at any time, there will more informal shooting going on at times.

The bigger part of the time is given to meeting and enjoying new folks, putting faces to the Campfire screen names, getting to appreciate what makes people tick and write the way they do, learning new stuff about lots of things, good natured arguing/story-telling/poking fun, etc. And, EATING. Somehow, the food is always varied and good, and we spend some time dealing with it.

There very well be some who will not bring - or shoot - one firearm - and probably no one will notice - or care. Simply, there is no pressure. People just like to share their interesting things - and enjoy the stuff of others. So, no worries - don't get worked up trying to load a boatlad of rounds. Just bring what feels good for you - and you will fit right in with this gang.

Hoping I got this right. Looking forward to meeting you soon.

PDW

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
TDY has been can-x'd! I'll be able to make it.

Dont get overly excited about ammo and guns. Bring a couple to shoot. I'll bring 1 or 2 rifles and a pistol.

As said before, its more of a jaw jacking session.

Paul/Doc
How's the fire affecting you guys down there? I heard it was pretty close to Apache Creek, but its moving to the southwest??
Hope we start getting some rains by the beginning of July to curb this mess.

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Jon,

That is great news!

Patty,

I'm going to bring a couple of long guns and, of course, a couple of handguns. I will shoot some but, as Paul said, it is more about the fellowship.

I'll be bringing my .458 and a .22lr Contender Carbine and ammo for both, including some reduced loads for the .458 for folks to "plink" with.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad to hear you'll be there Jon!

I am planning on bringing too many guns which seems to be the usual for me.
I'll have my Contender with two barrels 7-30 Waters & .45-70
I am bringing my Taurus Raging Hornet, my Single Six for my son to shoot, and also likely my Reeder Blackhawk. I might tote my .223AI along as well.
Anyone who wants to is certainly more than welcome to shoot whatever I have of course.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
EVERYONE BE CAREFUL WITH TOM'S 45-70!!!!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The loads I am bringing for that are much more sedate this go-round. Regular old trapdoor level 405gr cast flat nose.

Those leverevolutions were just downright violent. Its was like it was trying to twist the gun from your grip. I will never shoot those again. They were worse than my 420gr hard cast handloads even....
I wish I would have chrono'ed them though. Hornady says those 325gr FTX run 2150fps from a 20" barrel. Its would be interesting to see what they did from my 11".

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If you bring 'em, I'll be the trigger man! I hope safariman can make it cause i REALLY wanna try his .416!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Ed-Manyletters do you still have that T/C rear peep sight or did you swap it away in Sierra Vista?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Jon - good news - sure looking forward to seeing you again. And, let's face it - this group needs an infusion of YOUTH.

The fire - %&^%#$^&* - a bad mess. Over 1200 fighters, still not half contained and reaching for 300,000 acres - much of it that beautiful wildrness. It is about 35 miles south of me - about 55 south of Ken - and our only effects (other than emotional) have been some smoky days/nights. Fortunately for us and for those little communities just to the west of the conflagration, the prevailing winds have been mostly eastward and some toward the NE. So, our smoke effects have been minimized.

We need rain.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986
� Paul/Doc
How's the fire affecting you guys down there? I heard it was pretty close to Apache Creek, but its moving to the southwest? �

Never was close to Apache Creek, which is NE of Reserve. Fire is some distance SE of Reserve, NNW of Silver City. Problem here, at times, has been an occasional smidgen of smoke. Blue skies here most days.

But we still need rain. Some of us are old enough to remember rain, but we'd like for the kids to see what it's like. laugh

For the latest � http://www.inciweb.org/incident/2870/

(Thanks for the link, CCCC!)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
� I'll be bringing my .458 �

Ed, we'll hafta shove that ol' .458 into my photo box so that you and anybody else can get good photos of it.

It's a plain Jane, but it's quality.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
� I'll be bringing my .458 �

Ed, we'll hafta shove that ol' .458 into my photo box so that you and anybody else can get good photos of it.

It's a plain Jane, but it's quality.

That's an understatement!

Ed

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Jon,

I'll be bringing my .458 and a .22lr Contender Carbine and ammo for both, including some reduced loads for the .458 for folks to "plink" with.

Ed

.458 Win? I have a story about why you want to be careful shooting one of those out of a wheelchair. I'll save it for around the fire.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It would be fun to have something big to shoot at to check out pentration of various firearms and projectiles. Maybe a really big stump that we could later cut up to look for bullet trails, or maybe a foriegn car of some kind smile

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Page 27 of 32 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,258
Posts18,467,084
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.