Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 32 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For the latest on the Whitewater-Baldy fire still 'way south of Quemado Lake �

http://www.inciweb.org/incident/2870/

� and still no rain forecast any time soon for ZIP 87829!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I DO happen to have some original, full-house, steel jacket solids... grin

When I owned that rifle, I often said that I'd love to see what its full-bore factory solids'd do to an ATV that was tearing-up ground in the wild high country.

"Why, Ken!" my friends said, "you know what they'd do!"

"I didn't say," I reminded 'em, "that I'd like to FIND OUT what they'd do. I said that I'd like to SEE what they'd do."

(You with me?)

"Good enough" isn't.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm right there! grin

Ed

BTW, I will get in Friday night, the 13th.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just posted, in the general Campfire (WITH permission of course) the reason why it may be hard for us to come down. My wife, Sherri just got diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Prayers appreciated.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sherri &Mark:

Prayers on the way.

Patty

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sherri and Mark, You both have my prayers!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thanks to both of you. We are looking at Cancer specializing treatment centers today and trying to decide on one. The timetable and costs for all of this will have a lot of bearing on whether we can make this trip.

MARK

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Praying for you both. God bless you!

Ben

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We can get along without you somehow, but that sho' ain't one of our druthers!

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nor ours. Looking a little better for being able to come, the Cnacer Treatment Centers of America facility where we are headed uses a newer one dose radiation treatment much of the time. If Sherri can get that (meaning it is suitable for her once they get the cancer removed) then I just have to worry about the gas cash after spending money getting us to Illinois and back for her treatment plus deductables, co pays etc. but we will worry about that, when the time comes. Thanks all for your prayers.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
then I just have to worry about the gas cash after spending money getting us to Illinois and back for her treatment plus deductables, co pays etc.

I hope that everything works out for you and her on the cancer part of this, but as far as the gas to come to the shindig, I will chip in some gas money. Prayers for her, and you. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
then I just have to worry about the gas cash after spending money getting us to Illinois and back for her treatment plus deductables, co pays etc.

I hope that everything works out for you and her on the cancer part of this, but as far as the gas to come to the shindig, I will chip in some gas money. Prayers for her, and you. miles

I will, too � and I bet that Miles and I won't be the only ones.

In fact, I hope that we can gin-up a right good-sized special travel fund for folks who have a greater need for gas money than the rest of us do. After all, it's in our interest as much as yours to have you with us. I get just $750 a month, but I don't have to go anywhere to be here, and I don't have to go very far to go to the lake. I don't have any specific figure in mind, but there'll be something.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really was not fishing for donations. I would rather sell off some more guns, and probably will so as to be able to come so long as Sherri will be OK in the Dr's minds with the single dose radiation after Surgery. We won't know until we get there and the docs see all of what is inside.

The money will be there if we are to come, even if I have to peddle a couple more guns due to the unforseen expense now arriving upon us. It'll be OK.

Much thanks to all, anyway, and we mean that form the bottom of our hearts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really was not fishing for donations.

I never even considered that. In fact, if I had thought that, I would not have offered, but the offer still stands. Friends help friends out. There are several on here that I consider friends that I have never met. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
ditto!

"Good enough" isn't.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Mark, "The Warden" and I are in Zion, as we speak!
My opinion - you chose well!
We are back for a check-up, her bout with breast cancer was 2 years ago. She is doing well, and I hope your results are as good.
If I can help you, in any way, let me know!
I'll PM you my phone #, and my wife's #.
Prayers for, and best wishes to you both from a couple who's BTDT!
Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks everyone. Before I got sick I was earning very high commisions for decades, paying my ex an alimony payment that exceeded what many people earn here in this valley as a full time wage, and traveling all over the world to see sights and hunt the dangerous game this planet offers. And, buying guns and other toys at will. Very hard sometimes to accept my new reality, or to accept help from others even though I was often first in line to help others myself when I could.

We shall see if Sherri's treatment is sussessful enough and over with in time for us to come down, then go from there. There is still a gun or two that I can turn loose of if I must even if I prefer not to have to do so. More info to follow after we travel to Illinois to the Cnacer Treatment Centers of America later this month. Air travel is being arrainged today. I will report from there as I have news.

Her care, treatment and healing are about my only focus right now, and I am sure you all understand.

Blessings,

MARK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Mark, "The Warden" and I are in Zion, as we speak!
My opinion - you chose well!
We are back for a check-up, her bout with breast cancer was 2 years ago. She is doing well, and I hope your results are as good.
If I can help you, in any way, let me know!
I'll PM you my phone #, and my wife's #.
Prayers for, and best wishes to you both from a couple who's BTDT!
Mark

WOW, that is fantastic! We will look forward to gettingthose numbers and getting in touch with you ASAP!

Mark

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sherri & Mark:;

Again as I am fixin' to lay my head down, my prayers and best wishes go out to you both.

Been between a rock and a hard place for a spell and have been moved to just be tougher than either. Heres added prayers for the same to you both in your time of need.

Patty

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I can't offer much � but FWIW, here's an attitude that helps me �

This damn thing may kill me, but it ain't gonna lick me!

Some days, that's the only thing that I can think about. Hope it helps.

"Good enough" isn't.

Page 29 of 32 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
841 members (12344mag, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 80 invisible), 3,239 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,712
Posts18,400,249
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.