Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raisuli
HugAJackass,

It's not that Paul didn't win, it's the freedom is losing. And make no mistake, you're delusional if you believe we're a free people. We live in a nanny state in which our lives are controlled 24/7 by our nanny masters.

Old news man. Everybody is keenly aware of this. That's why we want Obama and his ilk gone so bad. Preaching to the choir.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
We all know that Reagan was the best Conservative to hold the office of the President.
Not Coolidge?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

If you applied this same standard to Reagan while he was Governor of California you'd be calling him a RINO and no different than Obama. Everybody knows that this is just laughable
Reagan's record as governor was that of a man becoming increasingly conservative.
Likewise with Romney
Not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you applied this same standard to Reagan while he was Governor of California you'd be calling him a RINO and no different than Obama. Everybody knows that this is just laughable
Reagan's record as governor was that of a man becoming increasingly conservative.
Likewise with Romney

Don't get me wrong. I'm not naive enough to believe that Romney is the 2nd coming of Reagan. I'm also not stupid enough to say that he's the same as Obama. Their ideologies are too far apart from each other.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We all know that Reagan was the best Conservative to hold the office of the President.
Not Coolidge?
Crap! You may have got me there. I meant to add "in our lifetimes". Good catch.

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Likewise with Romney
Not.
Oh absolutely! He's even continued to move more to the right since his last attempt at a Presidential run.

With the life lessons of Obama and Europe right in his face, it's easy to see why.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Originally Posted by Bristoe
He's a neocon suckin' sack o'chit.

Which sets him at least 100 points higher on the scale than Obama. cool

+1!!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Maybe because gun control legislation would have to come from the new Tea Party/Conservative Congress?

Not true. George H.W. Bush, by mere executive order fiat, outlawed the importation and domestic sale of all sorts of firearms manufactured or imported after a certain date. That's when, for example, the price of HK91s went from about $600.00 to about $3,000 dollars.
BOWSINGER, are you going to respond?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe because gun control legislation would have to come from the new Tea Party/Conservative Congress?

Not true. George H.W. Bush, by mere executive order fiat, outlawed the importation and domestic sale of all sorts of firearms manufactured or imported after a certain date. That's when, for example, the price of HK91s went from about $600.00 to about $3,000 dollars.

Another example is how the current administration has been trying to use international treaty to do the same.

Turdlike, by default.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Spanokopitas,

I hope you're right. But based upon what I know to be true, I think you might want to reread our founding documents, especially "The Federalist Papers".

I will never, ever vote for Romney.

Answer this obvious question for me: how was Romney, as a purported Republican, able to win election in what might be the most liberal state in the nation?

Here's another question: can you please tell me just one way our government does not control your life? Governmental control of our lives implicates a lack of freedom.

R

Thus, I will support Obama. Is what you really said.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
No, that's not what he means. I am not voting for Romney either, because regardless of protestations by those who have decided that he's OK, I find him to be someone willing to say anything and "evolve" his positions in order to suit the audience and the occasion. In other words, a lair. I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils. All of the supposed items listed by others are promises from someone who has shown himself to be a serial liar, and who governed in the exact opposite way than he says he will now.

Essentially, he is saying trust me. Sorry, I don't, because actions speak louder than words, especially in politics.

Supporting Obama would mean giving money or voting for him, which neither I nor Raisuli are going to do. Voting for someone who reflects our values, or choosing not to vote for President is not supporting someone, it's withholding support from a corrupt system that gives false choices.

There is no difference between the two, only in their rhetoric. Their governing records are indistinguishable.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The_Real_Hawkeye,

Thanks so much.

We know that there are millions more Americans just like us; Americans who recognize that we're becoming enslaved one new law at a time.

God Bless,

R

Here are 2 that sound like Eeyore; snivel, bitch, whine, woe is me. But when it comes to answers, yours are just what exactly?

Ron Paul is a non-entity, that leaves you with Obama and Romney as candidates. You will have to vote for one, or not at all. Your answer is as worthless as used chewing gum, maybe even less...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd go with less. Used chewing gum can be quite useful.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I too would like to live in a parallel universe where the real choices are between evil and perfection.

Two words: Sotomayor and Kagan

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mike762
No, that's not what he means. I am not voting for Romney either, because regardless of protestations by those who have decided that he's OK, I find him to be someone willing to say anything and "evolve" his positions in order to suit the audience and the occasion. In other words, a lair. I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils. All of the supposed items listed by others are promises from someone who has shown himself to be a serial liar, and who governed in the exact opposite way than he says he will now.

Essentially, he is saying trust me. Sorry, I don't, because actions speak louder than words, especially in politics.

Supporting Obama would mean giving money or voting for him, which neither I nor Raisuli are going to do. Voting for someone who reflects our values, or choosing not to vote for President is not supporting someone, it's withholding support from a corrupt system that gives false choices.

There is no difference between the two, only in their rhetoric. Their governing records are indistinguishable.

Mike, I know that you cannot be persuaded one way or another, it's one of the reasons I think you have sound integrity.

I wish I could make you see that action OR inaction is only going to do one of two things. There is no other option.

At the end of a First Term Presidential Term, we have the option to vote FOR or AGAINST the incumbent. Votes do not go either way. Our vote, or lack of vote is either going to benefit the incumbent or harm the incumbent.

If one votes for the incumbent, they are directly supporting him. If they vote against the incumbent, then they are directly harming him. If they do not vote, it benefits the incumbent in that it does not assist the opponent. This is indirectly supporting the incumbent.

If I remember correctly, you live in a very red state, so your single solitary vote will not carry much weight if it is withheld. In that case I respect your principles and conviction to choose to stay home. I would encourage you to continue to shout out our Conservative principles, but would caution against encouraging or urging other to stay home as you have chosen to do. I know you have not done this, so this is more for the benefit of other readers here. The reason your state is Red, is because it has a LOT of people of similar principles. If they decided to do as you have chosen, then all it does is indirectly benefit the incumbent.

So, in swing states and blue states, the fact is, if you do not vote against Obama by pulling the lever next to Romney's name, you are in fact supporting for Obama. This is fact on the point that in those states your vote is needed to cancel out an opposing vote at the very least.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only way to harm the incumbent is to vote for the opponent. A non-vote benefits the incumbent.

Turdlike, by default.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
HAJ,

I understand the argument about "action, inaction", but in this case, specifically Obama v. Romney, other than the latter changing his rhetoric to suit his needs at the time, there has been no material difference in their actual governance.

Everything that he-Romney-has put forward are empty promises, especially when judged against past action-and not just distant past, but recent past-and hard numbers, especially IRT the economy. That's why I believe that there would be no material difference in the administrations of the two. They both have the same paymasters, and it isn't the citizenry of the USA. They will serve the interests of those that place them in power, and who provide the funds to remain there.

For those who wish to continue to vote for the "lesser of two evils", that's their choice. I'm done with that, and I believe that they will be sorely disappointed. If some want to equate that with supporting Obama, that too is their opinion, to which they are entitled.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish you nothing but the best Mike. smile

Turdlike, by default.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Back at ya.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Yes true, I specially said �legislation� in response to Raisuli quote�
�Vote for Oromney and say adios to the Second Amendment�

What I said was true about gun control legislation.

As far as Presidential Executive Orders, they can only be used to implement authority that has been delegated to the President by Congress (via law) or that was delegated to him by the Constitution.
That is what George Bush (Senior) did in response to the 1987 McClure-Volkmer Act which was a limited revision of the 1968 US Gun Control Act and after six kids were shot down by a Chinese-made assault weapon a Stockton, California school.

Banning �assault weapons� is a stupid idea, but buying them from China might not be such a good idea�the whole thing died 10 years later anyway when Congress refused to renew that stupid idea.

Looking at the catalog pages in the latest Gun Digest and all the imports, I fail to see much of a treat to the 2nd Amendment.

To say that Romney could do away with the 2nd is plain hogwash.

And speaking of �hogwash� when are YOU going to respond to my disagreements with you (and DD) about the history of political violence back in the good old days over on the �REAL Ron Paul update� thread.

Or am I the only one who needs to do that�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

269 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,726
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.