Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mike762

Promises and Bull$hit, sounds about right. You can go on and on all day, but it won't change the fact that everything Romney says is in direct contradiction to how he governed, and it's all not worth the spittle he has used to utter it.

So, let me great this straight. You're drawing parallels between how he governed a decade ago as the head of a very liberal state with an overwhelmingly liberal legislature with how me might lead a much more diverse country if he gets elected with a conservative agenda and conservative legislature?

I am always amused by the state's rights crowd who then get upset when a state elects an official who governs as the majority of the electorate wants and not as he personally wants. Seems to me that's a good thing, the whole, following the will of the people. To wit, sucks to be a conservative in MD but I live here where my work is and I will leave when it's over. My choice. Same thing applies to everyone. No one said free choice was easy.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Romney flip flops like a fish out of water, he reminds me of John Kerry also from the same state.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by milespatton
As opposed to Obamas truths and openness. miles

I never said Obama was any better, only that they are both indistinguishable in how they governed, and that the only difference between them is the rhetoric that Romney spews to fool the willing.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mike762
Originally Posted by milespatton
As opposed to Obamas truths and openness. miles

I never said Obama was any better, only that they are both indistinguishable in how they governed, and that the only difference between them is the rhetoric that Romney spews to fool the willing.

What a silly statement.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I never said Obama was any better,

But you have said that you will help him get re-elected. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yeah, you're getting it straight. What else do we have to judge him on, regardless of what type of state it was in, other than his change in positions which occurred only five years ago when he sought the national stage?

What conservative legislature? The same one that refused to handle the debt ceiling last August? The same one that recently decided that the CME and other foreign commodities clearing houses were too big to fail?

online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304840904577422393164106270.html

The same one that authorized the loosening of restrictions on Habeas Corpus and the Fifth Amendment in the NDAA?

truth-out.org/news/item/9197-journalists-activists-who-sued-obama-over-ndaa-provision-win-preliminary-injunction-blocking-its-enforcement

Don't make me laugh. There is no "conservative" legislature, and there won't be one after November. All of these parasites are in the pockets of the banksters and will remain there no matter what party label that they wear. The recent hearings about JPM where Jamie Dimon was fawned on by the presiding Senators is proof of that.

Keep on fooling yourself on how Romney is the savior of the country, but his proposals don't come close to what is needed, and neither he nor Congress have the balls to do what needs to be done, because they know it will be their end. They would rather kick the can a little further, hoping against hope that some Deus ex Machina will appear to save them, and working to ensure that they will be out of office when the $hit well and truly hits the fan, and they've made theirs.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
No, what's silly is the BS that some are willing to believe from a serial liar like Romney.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Only if not voting for the "lesser evil" is "helping" by your definition.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only if not voting for the "lesser evil" is "helping" by your definition.

Only a Paulite could not see it. Anybody with a working brain sees it plain as day. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Well, Romney is NOT a crooked, thug from Chicago who sides up with crooked union officials and has his own Attorney General cited for contempt of Congress. He hasn't more than doubled this countries debt in 3 1/2 years like Obama has done! Oh, hell, you get the idea! One guy is decent the other one, squating in the White House, is a phuggin' crook!

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Well from reading the many discussions here...very little. More often than not the "he is not my 1st choice but..." is the cry. After that since no more can be said of the man it is followed by something bad said about the other guy.
What a pitiful state of affairs!

He be the one I vote for come early election time. Just wished I could cast more than one vote to offset the idiots in the country.

What can you say about berry?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Well from reading the many discussions here...very little. More often than not the "he is not my 1st choice but..." is the cry. After that since no more can be said of the man it is followed by something bad said about the other guy.
What a pitiful state of affairs!

Re: What can you say about Mitt Romney. [Re: SAcharlie]

fburgtx
Campfire Regular

After 3-1/2 years of his crap, that'll do this time around.

Why don't you tell me why Obama would be better??? confused

How many pages and you still havent answered FBURGTX. Charlie talk the talk, tell us about Obamas good programs and qualties. If you are unable to do so, we will have to assume that you agree that he has none. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
He wants your vote for his blind ambition. For him becoming president is just a trophy nothing more...no heroic attempt to serve the country.
Both parties are playing for 'one and the same owner' and that is not the country or the populace.

Ref above, what I say about BOTH parties. True to that look at what the GOP has given you to vote for. Yeah I hear frustration you have when I read "he is not my 1st choice but...". Place your anger where it belongs...that being the two party system owned by the elites.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
So your political non answer to the direct question is an admission that Obama has no good programs or qualities. shocked

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
So your political non answer to the direct question is an admission that Obama has no good programs or qualities. shocked

I for one understand that healthcare needed reform but it appears that reform was again over taken by special interests; not good.
All the rest I have no way of knowing when the mantra, of the republican controlled house, is "our job is to make sure that Obama is a one term president".

Can you stay with the OP and say something about Romney?

Last edited by SAcharlie; 06/23/12.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
He wants your vote for his blind ambition. For him becoming president is just a trophy nothing more...no heroic attempt to serve the country.
Both parties are playing for 'one and the same owner' and that is not the country or the populace.

Ref above, what I say about BOTH parties. True to that look at what the GOP has given you to vote for. Yeah I hear frustration you have when I read "he is not my 1st choice but...". Place your anger where it belongs...that being the two party system owned by the elites.
None of that matters when a vote for zero is a vote to continue the destruction of the country. Those who can't see that are hopelessly lost.

How anyone can even think it a choice, when economy is the issue, to consider a man who made himself a success vs one others made. I believe Romney has the potential to be an excellent President, Obama has showed me all I need to know he will go down in history as the worst. All that remains to see is if American citizens will also be branded as collective morons in his reelection. Once can be cast as the goodness of America, twice would be a sea of idiots.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
He's all we've got. I don't know why people don't get it. When Obama says "Change", you can translate that word directly to "DESTROY". Get behind Romney and do your best if you want to have the America we love for our kids...
John

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
repeal Obamacare (if the Supremes haven't taken care of it), reform tax code, produce our domestic oil sources, build Keystone pipeline, fire the czars, appoint Federalist Society judges, Ryan budget....that's the platform and anybody who is incapable of seeing the difference between that and four more years of Obama shouldn't be voting.....or walking with sharp objects.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
How anyone can even think it a choice, when economy is the issue, to consider a man who made himself a success vs one others made.
Don't be fooled. Mittens is the son of an establishment insider. He's no self-made man.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
repeal Obamacare (if the Supremes haven't taken care of it), reform tax code, produce our domestic oil sources, build Keystone pipeline, fire the czars, appoint Federalist Society judges, Ryan budget....that's the platform and anybody who is incapable of seeing the difference between that and four more years of Obama shouldn't be voting.....or walking with sharp objects.
We see the difference between the campaign rhetoric of one vs the other, but not so much regarding actual political records while in office. The latter is all that actually counts in politics.

In a political campaign, the candidate generally says whatever his advisors tell him will get him elected. Remember when George W. Bush was campaigning on a humble foreign policy (the traditional conservative Republican counterpoint position to that of the internationalist leftist Democrats), withdrawal from policing the world and nation building, and generally getting government out of our hair domestically? How'd that work out for you? He was worse than Clinton on all those counts.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

686 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,689 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,233
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.