Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Do you know who is running the group vetting judges for him right now....and yes, they're already making the lists? It's Robert Bork. That should calm your worries about judges.
I'm not comforted by that. Have you ever read Slouching Towards Gomorrah?

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yes, the one Bork signed for me.

you loons can continue to have your pity party, but fewer and fewer people are willing to listen, while the grownups are having a real election. something your boy failed miserably at.

if fantasy games are your thing, play on.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
but this election is between two guys.....you can pick one, or you can whine that your man isn't on the ballot.
They had a similar arrangement in the old Soviet Union.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
I understand ya boys are having a hard time with it but try real hard and say something about ROMNEY besides "he is not my 1st choice but...".

He's proven to be a successful leader throughout his past, and done so in a broad range of arenas. He's led a private company, a liberal state and an Olympic program. In my mind, that qualifies him to lead America for the next four years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In addition to that, I don't have to worry about him doing anything for future financial gain. Romney is doing this to leave a legacy and help get America back on track. For those reasons, I will support him.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
In my mind, that qualifies him to lead America for the next four years.

Yeah, but he is not Ron Paul, Don't have a blimp, but he does have a clue. Thank goodness. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
In addition to that, I don't have to worry about him doing anything for future financial gain. Romney is doing this to leave a legacy and help get America back on track. For those reasons, I will support him.
grin Absolutely precious.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Did Bristoe leave?

He sounded fed up with the morons yesterday.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He's not Democrat. He's not a southern governor.

We still have a chance.

1B

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Did Bristoe leave?

He sounded fed up with the morons yesterday.

Fed up with the morons? Hell, he are one. grin miles

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
yes, the one Bork signed for me.

you loons can continue to have your pity party, but fewer and fewer people are willing to listen, while the grownups are having a real election. something your boy failed miserably at.

if fantasy games are your thing, play on.

I guess you missed the part about Bork not being in favor of the Second Amendment being an individual right.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1096792/posts

Nor the part about there being no right to privacy in the Constitution. That gives me warm fuzzies all over considering what the SCOTUS has done recently IRT the Fourth Amendment in King v. Kentucky.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Ron Paul, and everything to do with two individuals running for President who have very little difference in how they have governed, or pontificated about public policy, until one of them, Romney, needed the "conservative" vote to gain the Republican nomination.

Loons? I think that you and every one who is fooling themselves that Romney is the second coming of Reagan are the loons.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Loons? I think that you and every one who is fooling themselves that Romney is the second coming of Reagan are the loons.

I don't think that anyone here thinks that. What we do know is that he is not Obama and he will be on the ballot. What is looney is people hoping that their man will win when he will not be on the ballot. I do feel better about Romney than I did about McCain, but not by much. I did vote for McCain because he was not Obama. Palin made it palatable, so maybe Romney will get a running mate that will make us all feel better. Regardless I will vote against Obama and would hope that anybody that has the United States best interest will do so too. miles

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ta hell with Romney.....consider this:

There probably will be four new supreme court justices appointed in the next four years,,,,,Do you want Romney or Obama making the picks?....

I'm not a Romney fan....but on this count he gets my vote easily!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Robert Bork was one of the signers of the amicus briefs supporting Heller in the Supreme Court. see the link at page 45 listing the signers.

http://nraila.org/heller/proamicusbriefs/07-290_amicus_doj.pdf

the quote the freepers use was not in the context of whether individuals have a protected right to possess weapons.....Bork was talking, correctly, about the framers concern about a standing federal army and the need to protect the states rights to their militias. the two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

as his signature on the Heller brief should demonstrate to anybody not willfully blind, he believes the amendment also applies to individuals.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Mike, I wanted a camaro to go to college in after graduation. The old dodge fart (or whatever kind it was) was much better, even without a radio, than the walking alternative.

Last edited by eyeball; 06/23/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well you guys have brought in Obama, Ron Paul and even Bristoe.
We even got a new cry as in "I'm not a Romney fan...but".
When ya gonna say something about Romney without a but?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

maybe your vision was ruined by sitting up late reading Marx by flashlight.....try reading again, slowly. you can move your lips, it's okay.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Jeff Foxworthy could put on a whole show with 'Romney...but' jokes just from reading this forum.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Well, as proven by your guy, a but is better than an ass.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Sick Ass, Communism has never elevated the proletariat
elsewhere and it won't when the dimocraps and other scum get it here. Lowering people to your status may make us more equal, but that won't necessarily make it 'mo better'.

Last edited by eyeball; 06/23/12.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 49 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.