Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Buy both in 40 S&W....I did grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've had both the CZ and the BHP years ago. Neither really appealed to me. Later on I tried the XD, nice gun. But then I tried the M&P and stayed with it. M&P 45 is a nice gun.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Browning High Power. I've had several of them in my life, and still have two. All have been extremely reliable, easy to shoot and carry concealed.

I've only had one CZ-75, and two CZ-75 clones (both Tanfoglios). One clone was 100% reliable. One clone was completely unreliable, and the one real CZ-75 was completely unreliable. Not a good record of personal experience with them. I'll keep the one clone I have that's 100% reliable, but no way I'd choose it over a Browning High Power as a carry gun, which is a much more elegant weapon.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mike762
I have a BHP, and overall I like it. The one thing that I do NOT like about it is the magazine disconnect feature. Some people do like that feature though, as it is easy to make the weapon safe around the house by simply removing the magazine.

My dislike stems from having an inoperable pistol during a magazine exchange. When the mag is out of the weapon, all you have is an expensive club in your hand. Ruger semi autos have the same feature, which is one of the reasons that I won't own one of their center fire semi autos. Again, it's picking nits.

Overall, if you can live with that feature, you'll probably like the BHP.
That's easy to remove, and once done it improves the trigger, too.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have one word for you-lawyers. Remove any safety device and use that weapon in a real shooting and see if they don't use that to paint you as reckless etc., etc. I like the HP, I just don't and won't carry one, except as a last resort.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My son and I argue this one all the time.
He carrys a CZ , I used to carry a BHP.
I say the fit and finish of a true HP is so good.
It puts ALL other guns to shame.

He loves the polished bright SS CZ ( I call it a pimp gun )
LOL

He shoots his great and I do ok with mine.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
When I was younger I preferred blued guns over nickle for the same reasons you state. Lately I've been on a tear to purchase older (pinned barrel) S&W nickle plated revolvers, as I now find them very attractive. I guess that tastes DO change as we get older, and that's why Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Browning High Power. I've had several of them in my life, and still have two. All have been extremely reliable, easy to shoot and carry concealed.

I've only had one CZ-75, and two CZ-75 clones (both Tanfoglios). One clone was 100% reliable. One clone was completely unreliable, and the one real CZ-75 was completely unreliable. Not a good record of personal experience with them. I'll keep the one clone I have that's 100% reliable, but no way I'd choose it over a Browning High Power as a carry gun, which is a much more elegant weapon.

I would not choose either as a carry gun,

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Agreed.
I carried a BHP back when it was THE high capacity pistol.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I would not choose either as a carry gun,
I don't either, but wouldn't have a problem with carrying the High Power.

IC B3

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I have a CZ and have nothing bad to say about it. It's a real chunk of iron, has never jamed, and the test target is under 2' at 25 meters. I did send mine to the custom shop for a trigger job.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Sorry, that's not two feet, it's two inches. Hit wrong key.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I have a CZ and have nothing bad to say about it. It's a real chunk of iron, has never jamed, and the test target is under 2" at 25 meters. I did send mine to the custom shop for a trigger job.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.