Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally, I posted this in the shotgun section but no takers, so I moved it up here!

I was in a pawnshop today, and saw a Weatherby Centurion 12 ga. shotgun that had just jaw-droppingly gorgeous wood on it. All that i have been able to find is that it is earlier than the later "II" model and is so-marked, and that they may have been made by SKB. Anyone know anything about these guns? Are they reliable or just pretty junk?

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Mine was nice. Good for a couple seasons of sustained weekly skeet league (12 gauge only of course) so I'd say reliable enough many thousands of shells fired. The same gun was sold by High Standard with an exotic stacked rib. Weatherby offered a shell catcher. I don't remember the maker but it's Japan and no secret -

KTG and Nikko Kodensha on the new Patrician pump and Centurion semi-automatic. Both were introduced in 1972 and were easily identifiable by their distinctive fore-ends, which hid all but the end of the magazine cap. ... Both Nikko/Kodensha and KTG filed for bankruptcy in 1980. A reorganized KTG continued to make Weatherby repeating shotguns. The Patrician and Centurion were discontinued in 1982 in favor of the Model 82 semi-automatic, ...

There was some early gas venting scheme to handle low and high brass (not literally of course but so to speak lighter and heavier) loads. Handled well but I found the gas action distracting at the range. As I recall there was a pin in the gas piston action that could be trimmed back for a floating loose gas piston to make cleaning easier. Not hard to keep clean. Wisner's has lots of information and some parts - apparently like many gas guns operating rods can be bent or broken with poorly chosen loads - as noted with Skeet loads no issues and looked good after thousands and thousands of shots fired AA and equivalent handloads also used for birds no sweat not a duck blind gun.

Last edited by ClarkEMyers; 07/09/12.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 3,163 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,335
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.