Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Good luck! We will be waiting for results. I just bought a 452 varmint and have not shot this one yet.

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
stuff mouse turds in it ... should easily shoot MOA smile smile

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
George,

Had a varmit, shot the best of all my CZ's(got 4 now, have sold several), but I think it was only due to the extra weight out front and the shape of the forend and how it settled into my front rest. It would shoot pretty close to 0.300" at 50 yards with it's favorite ammo, they all pretty much shoot at or just under 0.5" at 50 yards with preferred ammo.

Take Sheffeild shooter's advice and try varying the pressure of the forend screw. If that doesn't fly try removing the screw and making sure the lug is not contacting wood.

Had/have two trainers that I quit using the barrel lug screw and drilled and tapped the action for a second action screw (easy to do, but a little work and there is not much meat for the 2nd action screw but I've had no problem)shot pretty much the same, no major improvement.

I had three scouts, they all shot fine. Put a second action screw on one, and again didn't notice any major improvement in groups. Will note that I've glass bedded all of my CZ's.

Haven't tried the Basix trigger (yet) or the Timney for that matter. Tried two of the automation solutions adjustable sears... like them. Also bought a trainer that the previous owner had set the trigger up with one of the trigger shim kits (ask who is selling them now over at rimfirecentral), they run around $18 and this trigger is as good as the triggers with the AS sear.

Oh yeah... What ammo are you using? I have had the most consistent luck(?) with Wolf Match Target. Even that can depend on the lot of ammo... Wolf match Extra is supposed to be more consistent than WMT (it's more expensive) but the lot that I have does not shoot as well, SK Jag Und is the same round as WMT with a different name on the box yet the lot I have does not shoot as well as WMT in several of my rifles. The best groups I shot with my CZ Varmit were with of all things PMC Sidewinder, so it pays to try different ammo.

Jerry

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 08/02/12.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 53 invisible), 2,714 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,262
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.