Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Not that I"m aware of. I used to have Charlies phone number but no longer can find it either.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Armalite copied it and tried to recall them. They changed a few minor things but it's still no Millazzo from what I hear. Of course that's been 10-15 years ago???

Who did he "partner" up with, Douglass? anyway they are the ones who dropped the ball.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
He was partnered with Krieger. Douglas. That gives me nightmares thinking of those barrels.

Armalite did copy IIRC, but they did an armalite type job. Just didn't cut it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Krieger it was. Great barrels but poor customer relations especially where the trigger was concerned. My buddy with the Millazzo tried and tried to get another one or three but gave up in frustration.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
From what I hear it was not Krieger at all that had problems. It was Charlie that did what he wanted to, when he wanted to. I ordered 4 of them at the same time, they came in maybe close to a year later. Well worth the wait. But the wait was supposed to be 3 months.

I have NO issues at all if you tell me it'll be a year or even two to get what I want. I can wait in line with too many other things going that its not a big deal. But tell me 3 months and its a year or more, most people get upset. Didn't bother us, we were happy to get em.

IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Hmmm, my buddy ordered his first one direct and enjoyed talking to the guy, he made him mic his pins since it was a Colt and he sent his own pins too.

Then he had to call Krieger and got the run around, figured it was them but you're probably right.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Charlie was good to talk to no problem. He made a good product on his time though and that was about that. My suspicion is he couldn't find workers up to his par and as a result simply couldn't make enough by himself in his small shop to keep up.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Not sure I had one on back order from Brownells and they canceled it two weeks ago. I have had it in my match rifle for years without an issue. It breaks like glass, smooth and consistent. I can't see them turning out a low quality trigger. Im 700's all have them as well. I wish they made them for more rifles.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Don't want to hijack the thread too bad, but as long as we're discussing triggers, anybody have any experience with the Timney AR trigger?

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I tend to think that Charlie Millazzo played favorites with the order of who in line received their triggers first.

I wouldn't part with the one I have on my service rifle.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Don't want to hijack the thread too bad, but as long as we're discussing triggers, anybody have any experience with the Timney AR trigger?

John

Yeah, Dogzapper likes his. Most of these new AR triggers are really good. The only one I've ever heard anything bad about is the Rock River and their is a fix for that. Mine has worked great so far.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Probably at least multiple thousands of service rifle shooters with RRA that have never touched them that would tend to argue the point.

But all my RRA have been touched up...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by rost495
Probably at least multiple thousands of service rifle shooters with RRA that have never touched them that would tend to argue the point.

But all my RRA have been touched up...

Mine needs nothing, it breaks consistently at slightly over 4.5#, as designed. I was refering to the rivet replacement with the rod. IIRC, TWR posted pics of it some time ago.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Rivets were a stupid idea. It got Armalite into issues. Of course now that I think about it, wasn't RRA some pissed off armalite employees anyway... I'd have thought they'd have learned their lesson.

first thing you do is replace the rivet, and then do a bit of light stoning and adjusting and bending of springs depending on where you want to go.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Howdy,

I just put a HS NM Geissele in my Armalite AR-10T in .243. It took me about 35 minutes, and I'm no gunsmith. I turned around and put a SSA-E in my AR-10 A4 in about 10 minutes. Reading directions is fundamental, having the proper tools, priceless.

I felt the factory settings on the HSNM were super. Best AR trigger that I've felt. I have a couple RR NM setups too. Anyway, fast forward to the range and I was playing with it, trying to feel the second stage break. Stiff finger caused a three round "bump fire" that got me a few looks. I bumped that stage screw a little heavier. Will see how it works next time. I need to work on my squeeze a little too.

"Damn right it's loaded, it makes a lousy club"
-JW
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Rost495 Jewell must have fixed that issue. Just checked both of mine and at most only 1oz difference over the course of 5 pulls. That could even be me not pulling on the gauge evenly. For $80 less the Jewell is a damn good trigger. Geissele is nice but I feel the Jewell is a little smoother. Still none of them compare to my Anschtuz 5018 trigger.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I just tried the AR Gold, felt funny to me so sent it back.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I just tried the AR Gold, felt funny to me so sent it back.

"funny"? As in not gritty enough? You turn down wake-up hummers as well?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I did not like it, this is subjective some people don't like broccoli, I personally did not feel that it had as nice a trigger pull as my RRA NM trigger. Yes it has no grit, but it has no clear reset, the trigger is thin, and the pull is not all that great with the set screw half the way out.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I did not like it, this is subjective some people don't like broccoli, I personally did not feel that it had as nice a trigger pull as my RRA NM trigger. Yes it has no grit, but it has no clear reset, the trigger is thin, and the pull is not all that great with the set screw half the way out.

If you are after a "quality combat" trigger, I understand, as even adjusted all the way "up" to 3.5#, it is a tad light for social work. For a precision/varmint type setup, the AR Gold is without peer, IMO. For a working gun, I think the Geisselle SSA (4.5#) is the way to go.

AR Gold is coming out with a fixed weight trigger. I have a prototype currently and it weighs 4#.

Last edited by Take_a_knee; 12/01/12. Reason: spellin'
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

227 members (257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.