-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have a good sized pile of copper I've been collecting for 10+ yrs, shoulda dumped it a year ago, looks like the market is low right now, somewhere in the $2.50 range for #2.

Anybody have a guess what the market might do in the next year?

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
iam taking in a bucket of bare cooper today.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
I have a good sized pile of copper I've been collecting for 10+ yrs, shoulda dumped it a year ago, looks like the market is low right now, somewhere in the $2.50 range for #2.

Up here winter is the time to sell what copper you might have scrounged. Last winter saw prices up near $3/lb.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Hang on to it. As the dollar crashes, all commodities will retain their value, and gain some as folks scramble to exchange their paper currency for anything of real value, thus increasing demand for (and thus the purchasing power of) such things as your scrap copper.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is worth enough that last winter a house that had been lifted up to have pillings placed under it to avoid flood damage had all of the copper wires and pipes cut out from under it over the weekend before they could reset the outside walls!!

I would hold out though. Prices will only go up.

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It must be down, they aren't stealing as many a/c units now, in my area.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Hang on to it. As the dollar crashes, all commodities will retain their value, and gain some as folks scramble to exchange their paper currency for anything of real value, thus increasing demand for (and thus the purchasing power of) such things as your scrap copper.
I used to believe that.
I think the markets are controlled (china) to such a degree now that they'll never go up very much. At least not enough to offset inflation. THe stage is set for that to go up at God only knows what rate...

Some years back scrap steel hit 200 a ton and a buddy hauled all his in. I said he should have waited. Sure enough it hit 250 a few years later.

I got to thinking about it. His 200 then would buy more gold, silver, eggs and bacon, whatever than the 250 a few years later.

He was smart, I was the fool.
I kept closer watch on prices and started dumping my piles.
Now I watch and haul in whatever I've got laying around, regardless of how much (or little) as the regular fluctuations occur. I ain't keeping nothing. Cash it in then dump the currency as quickly as possible.

Who knows. Maybe I'll be the fool in the end.
I don't really care, the piles of stuff is an eye sore. Even if I'm the only one who ever goes back there.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

+1000
I fully agree. Unless you badly need cash, hang on to anything made of gold, silver or copper.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 64 invisible), 2,744 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,052
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.