Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#6779892 08/16/12
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Anyone have any input for long term use of Frog Lube? I've talked with a few people that have only been using it for a couple months. I would like some opinions from some one that has been using it for a while. Good or bad reviews, I'd like to hear about it.

BP-B2

G
G
I have been using Frog lube for a while now. I don't use anything else now. It makes pistol rails slick and cleaning a breeze. I shoot lead and with the bore coated with F.L. the lead comes right out.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Good to hear greatscott, thank you!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FROG lUBE?

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You mean Bull Frog?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 11/06/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Nope. I really do mean Frog Lube

http://www.froglube.com/roothome.htm

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have used it and it seems to work well. I did hear someone say it changed the color of the metal but didn’t see it so take that with a grain of salt. Seems like pretty good stuff.

NRA Endowment Member
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I used it for awhile, probably overused it as it got gummy on some guns. The key is to try and rub it all off once you apply it, that leaves the correct amount on. I’m switching back to synthetic motor oil for lube now.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It gummed up a friends firing pin on a rifle and he didn’t get a shot off on a deer.... I wouldn’t use it on pistols either

Memento mori ( remember you must die) enjoy every day for tomorrow you may not wake

You can always borrow and pay the money back but you can never get the time back

Everyone hunter should own a fine rifle, life is short.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
i use it on rifle bolts and am very happy with it....use it sparingly doesnt take a whole lot...
i run all my firing pins dry, wouldnt use frog lube on them if anything just something for corrosion and that would be a film of something

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought some after seeing a corrosion protection test; liquid and paste. Smells nice. Seems they expect you to use the whole system, which I’m not going to do, so I mainly use it on wiping rags.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
i know this has been revived but: Yea Pappy, i saw that test too; i been using it for about 6 years, no problems BUT i saw a video on foxpro
(still there) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FapuoQP6Uy0 on applying it. EXCEPT
I strip the firearm, clean pieces in very hot soapy water, (like i used to clean my old black powder poles) then rinse off with hot boiling water, use heat gun till part i am going to apply it to is almost too hot to handle then rub froglube on it, set it aside, hit the next piece of metal, after an hour or so there is a white hazy film on the metal, buff it off with a soft rag. Its usually the first thing i do to a new firearm, (i don’t heat the springs)

Then i use very lightly on a sm piece of rag i keep arround with it on it when cleaning after a range session or two or finished hunting with that firearm. More on the patch to clean the barrel.

Never any gummy problems or issues with firing pins or sliding actions, did same with AR. i could see that if you did not do the heat process it could maybe cause issues.

Guess i didn’t realize its been that long ago, so should probably give the older ones another coat, also it did not affect the finish on the ruger american predator barrel, as yet no rust on anything. The can i bought, i have probably given away more than i have used myself, a little bit goes a long way.
Thats my experience with it. still using it.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have several Family members in the military special forces, that rave about it! We started using it on our hunting weapons a few yrs. ago, in extreme conditions and are very pleased with it!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Boxerdog
It gummed up a friends firing pin on a rifle and he didn’t get a shot off on a deer.... I wouldn’t use it on pistols either

I tossed mine. Tried it on a semi-auto bolt as told to and it gummed it up to make it almost impossible to move. After heating it in the sun it softened and the bolt wsa okay.

I'm glad others have had better experiences.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Frog Lube paste was great for smearing under your lawn mower deck to keep grass from sticking.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Frog lube is good stuff. Wilson combat light oil is good as well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
170 members (444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 23 invisible), 1,992 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.