Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If you wanna combine politics and fat [bleep],...go tell Mannlicher that some fatass liberal waddled off with his Romney sign.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Because you're always bitchin' about something...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
197.0 Loss of 0.7lb this week.
3.2lbs so far.

This last 15 is tougher to get rid of than the first 15.
Or the second 15 for that matter.

DK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ain't weighing in this week! blush

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Deer_Killer
This last 15 is tougher to get rid of than the first 15.
Or the second 15 for that matter.

DK

You and me both. I lost a bunch to begin with, but the final lbs are stubborn. Keep plugging.

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I take it everyone enjoyed their Labor Day BBQ this week; hence, no weigh-in reports grin. Speaking of which, I have some ribeyes I need to grill. While I'm not part of this weight loss contest, I am here for the moral support to those who are laugh. I lost two more pounds this week after holding a steady weight for three weeks. The last pounds are the toughest to lose. And I now have the good problem of having to replace my pants and shorts because the old ones bunch up and fold too much at the waist now with a cinched up belt. A good problem to have, but a problem nonetheless. I hate shopping for clothes.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Late getting here tonight, I'm down 3 pounds from the start. Scales said 245 this AM.

Dale

This space for rent

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I finished 12 weeks of P90X this morning. Started out at 225 lbs, finished up at 190 lbs. Positive changes in diet, in my opinion, do more for weight loss and change in body definition than exercise, but you really need both. Keep up the good work fellas!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
275 this morning. I've lost nine pounds. Just gettin' goin' real good now!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Techsan
I finished 12 weeks of P90X this morning. Started out at 225 lbs, finished up at 190 lbs. Positive changes in diet, in my opinion, do more for weight loss and change in body definition than exercise, but you really need both. Keep up the good work fellas!

Impressive! There went 16% of your body mass that you won't miss...

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Down 4lbs to 214, didn't weigh last Friday

Last edited by Grunt_0351; 09/12/12.

1st Bn 5th Marines Wpns Co. 03-07
Semper Fidelis
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Late to the game, but I will join in and tell my weight loss story. Started at 192.2 on June 1. On August 13 (dont have the 12th) I was at 187.2. Going well. Then I really started exercising and we went hiking in the mountains. Came back August 26th at 183.8. Still going well. Started running every morning and hiking with my 27 pound back or biking every night. I am not eating much...I go to bed hungry and wake up hungry. I am eating healthy with lots of fruits and vegetables. So today? 184.6. Man am I bummed. I know that I have added a lot of muscle to my legs, but doggone it, I am discouraged. I did drop 1.5 inches on my waist in the last 2 weeks, so that is encouraging, but holy cow, cant the weight loss god throw me a bone????

Add me to the cotton-pickin' list, I aint gonna win, but maybe others will go through this as well and see that it isnt just their scale screwing with them. Obviously, my scale has a really mean sense of humor.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Late to the game, but I will join in and tell my weight loss story. Started at 192.2 on June 1. On August 13 (dont have the 12th) I was at 187.2. Going well. Then I really started exercising and we went hiking in the mountains. Came back August 26th at 183.8. Still going well. Started running every morning and hiking with my 27 pound back or biking every night. I am not eating much...I go to bed hungry and wake up hungry. I am eating healthy with lots of fruits and vegetables. So today? 184.6. Man am I bummed. I know that I have added a lot of muscle to my legs, but doggone it, I am discouraged. I did drop 1.5 inches on my waist in the last 2 weeks, so that is encouraging, but holy cow, cant the weight loss god throw me a bone????

Don't get bummed by such a small fluctuation. Just stay with it. Also, make sure you are consistent in the time of day you weigh. I weigh every morning just after draining the crank case.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am not discouraged about going up a wee bit, I am discouraged that I have worked my behind off and havent lost weight. mad

I weigh every morning after my constitutional. I even shave first thinking those whiskers really grew a lot in one day and shaving them off should help. right?

As I sit here and type this, my stomach is growling.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I am not discouraged about going up a wee bit, I am discouraged that I have worked my behind off and havent lost weight. mad

I thought you dropped from 192.2 down to 184.

As I sit here and type this, my stomach is growling.

That may be part of the problem. If you run too large of a calorie deficit for too long, your metabolism can slow down as a result. Google zig-zagging and carb-cycling. Carb-cycling is really just zig-zagging with the carbs alone.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You are right I lost some right away, but when I intensified my workouts, my weight loss stopped.

I typically try and have a little snack when my stomach starts growling. I just had some trail mix to combat that zig zag.

I feel I am getting leaner....there is no question about that. But just frustrated that I aint seeing it on that evil scale. I thought by posting this, it may resonate with someone else and if nothing else, we can comiserate! Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I keep getting distracted on Fridays. I am down to 290 even as of this morning. Been hitting the bike and walking more getting ready for bow season.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I feel I am getting leaner....there is no question about that. But just frustrated that I aint seeing it on that evil scale. I thought by posting this, it may resonate with someone else and if nothing else, we can comiserate! Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

If you are strength training, you may be adding a little muscle while losing fat which could account for the increase, especially since you lost 1.5" in the waist. I'm certainly watching my scale, but I am paying more attention to what I can pinch and measure at my waist at this point. Body composition is what it's really all about. Sounds like you're doing all the good.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Berettaman, you are almost certainly offsetting any fat loss with lean muscle gain, hence little to no weight loss. My super fit buddies tell me that once you hit a certain level of fitness, focus on how you feel and look in the mirror, not the scale.

I've started the Insanity workouts this week. If anyone is looking for a high intensity cardio workout that will kick your tail, this is it.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by RickyD
Start 271.0; now 260.5.

256.5 this morning.

Now 251.0

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 65 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,370
Posts18,469,135
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.