-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I am interested in a gun, I'll check the Blue Book and some will call me a low-baller, but I ain't giving more than the guns worth.

Glad I can speak up here at the Campfire and not have my ass chewed on the Classifieds when I say, "The Gun Price is Too Damn High".. smile

Geo

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can tell the Quality of the people on here, by the quality and for the most part full disclosure of their items they sell on here, for the good pricing they sell them for.

Alot of good guys, passing on good deals.......

Sites like gunbroker have good deals every now and then.

But for me buying something from those sites, well.... let's say it would be easier trying to crap out a pineapple......

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PAMac
You can tell the Quality of the people on here, by the quality and for the most part full disclosure of their items they sell on here, for the good pricing they sell them for.

Alot of good guys, passing on good deals.......

Sites like gunbroker have good deals every now and then.

But for me buying something from those sites, well.... let's say it would be easier trying to crap out a pineapple......

OUCH!!!

I agree with a few other posters here that this site seems to have folks looking to pass along a good deal rather than making a killing.
I know that when I was looking to sell a rifle I bought for $650 for its true value of $1800 I didn't post it here because I felt guilty making that type of profit off of my Campfire compadres.
Sold it locally.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let's see...

Profit is bad....

Everyone here deserves lower than market price goods...

Sounds a lot like the DNC platform dsoen't it?.

1B

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1B
Let's see...

Profit is bad....

Everyone here deserves lower than market price goods...

Sounds a lot like the DNC platform dsoen't it?.

1B

Not everyone.

There are some here to whom I wouldn't sell anything to for any price.

Feel free to charge whatever you'd like but as for me I'll make my big profits elsewhere.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I didn't mean to start a war. Thats kinda why I don't post too often. I didn't make this post to say that prices should be higher. I was just reflecting on what I see and what would happen to me if I choose to start selling my rifles and I wanted some feed back. you all have good points, some of you like to poke and point fingers, but thats ok, it just shows how you roll.

Thanks -JS

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There is a post on the Marlin Owners forum about a newish stainless steel 336 that sold on Gunbroker for over $1600.

Maybe the dealer fraternity is on to something after all.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by temmi
Originally Posted by Simoneaud
I have been watching the classifieds a lot lately, I bought a Zeiss scope and sold a few things. What I don�t like is I see guns selling for way less than they are worth in my mind. When I buy a gun Normally I look at it as an investment, but at the prices I see in the classified, I am up-side-down $$ money wise if I had to sell my guns thru the classifieds.
Just something I noticed. Just this week I saw a guy trying to sell a perfect looking rem 700 BDL walnut blued 270 with a Nikon scope and rings � the whole package and he can�t get $600.00��I don�t like that.

I do't have an idea of what the gun is worth

but

a standard rem 700 BDL... is not an investment.

If you think so you may well stay "Upside down"

Snake

WHAT??? You mean if I buy a Mossberg 4X4 at WalMart and put a Bushnell Banner (total cost $450), it won't be worth $1,000 is two years?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't mean to start a war. Thats kinda why I don't post too often. I didn't make this post to say that prices should be higher. I was just reflecting on what I see and what would happen to me if I choose to start selling my rifles and I wanted some feed back. you all have good points, some of you like to poke and point fingers, but thats ok, it just shows how you roll.

Thanks -JS

I think its been a good thread

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
It has been a good thread, got me thinking I should slow down on my rifle purchases...I do need a good pistol though.... see here we go again :-)

J Simoneaud

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have bought 3 rifles on the fire, 2 customs & 1 SAKO. I paid a fair price & got a good product from the seller. I would never buy a 700bdl over the fire it's simply not worth the effort, I can buy them locally at pawn shops for $425-450.

I listed a $2,500 SAKO both here & on A/R, it sold next day on A'R with no interest here.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I think some (many?) of the folks here "rent" firearms. They pick up something they'd like to try, shoot it for awhile, then unload it (maybe at a slight loss,) and pick up something else. It's a way to keep the hobby going, not a retirement plan.

Support your local brewer.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It has been a good thread, got me thinking I should slow down on my rifle purchases...I do need a good pistol though.... see here we go again :-)

Let me know of a Daewoo DP51 high capacity double stack 9mm fits your definition. Bought one cheap, happy to pass on the good deal if it is of interst to you. Good solid pistola with three magazines for only $350 plus $25 for shipping and packaging. I don't mind selling for less than something might bring elsewhere if I make a little bit on it and make the new owner a good deal that they are happy with. That, is how I roll <G>

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Safariman - sending you a PM

J Simoneaud

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
There is blood in the streets for used guns now. Buyer's market, for sure.
The Blue Book was mentioned..........................most over rated reference out there.
Cisco

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think a lot of guys on here offer the gun at a lower price to campfire members as a sort of gift to other gun nuts.....sorta like selling to a friend. Not too many people on here trying to screw one another over and if I can get a good deal because a guy wants some quick cash to purchase a new rifle so be it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Thanks -JS

You didn't start a war..... Just a discussion on personal opinions.... That is what forums are for! smile

Try and make it to a campfire outing sometime and you'll see why the prices are the way they are...... Good Folks.... Good Times!!!!!!

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Pointbock
I think some (many?) of the folks here "rent" firearms. They pick up something they'd like to try, shoot it for awhile, then unload it (maybe at a slight loss,) and pick up something else. It's a way to keep the hobby going, not a retirement plan.

Very good point! I was the king of gun/optics renters...and I paid the price...reselling at a loss, sometimes a substantial loss. Not because I wanted to sell those past guns and optics, but life happened and I had to get extra money from somewhere. Fortunately, it seems I have reached a period in my life where I can actually keep the gear I buy. I don't buy in volume, I buy for quality. I have a few rifles, a few shotguns and really too many handguns, but they're for the most part all top-end items. I haven't had to sell anything for almost 4 years. It's been nice being able to keep my toys.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Thanks -JS

Pretty simple, if you want to make a big proffit, go somewhere else. Plain and simple....You can take the guy trying to get rid of his bullets and powder at higher than retail prices with you too....We don't need to be turning the classifieds into the Portland gunshow....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
true dat, try the Eugene show...mall ningas abound. Time to load the Willy's for a final run for summer SH.

GO DUCKS

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,495
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.