-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 975 of 1,842 1 2 973 974 975 976 977 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pants tucked into the boots to I see. Classic ND style.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
I'm in the market for a new maul too, Dave and a 6 pounder sounds great. Do you recall what you paid for the Truper?

I think it was around 32 bucks at a hardware store, nice fiberglass handle with grippy rubber overlay. I noticed they grippy handle will pretty much force you to wear gloves because you will get blisters, unlike a bare wood or bare fiberglass handle there's no sliding in your grip. It really smears your skin around so gloves are pretty much a must.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Never mind Dave, I found a Truper on Amazon with free shipping.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Pants tucked into the boots to I see. Classic ND style.

yes, you will also see from the photo that I am asian and I have a flashlight and also what looks like a prison shank?.... crazy

So, you better watch it!

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spealing of prison "stank". How does it go to pass a little gas in that suit? smile

Last edited by White_Bear; 09/24/12.

Do not feed the bear!

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I gave that up with the beer.

I'm so pleasant and proper, I can hardly stand myself.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Pam got onto ND's campfire account again I see. grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No beer. No odor. ND is just a shell of the man we once knew...

Do not feed the bear!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I gave that up with the beer.

I'm so pleasant and proper, I can hardly stand myself.

Looks like we're all going to be needing hip boots. Sure is getting deep. laugh

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Who are you,stranger,and what did you do with Dave?

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey, I like the new Dave. The other one was so overbearing and the stank was bad eminating out of his posts. whistle

i am doing the getting in shape thing too for my elk trip and for a new health program we have at work. Lost 8 pounds and my legs are a lot stronger than they were. I have been hiking and running once or twice a day. Keep up the good work, I hope it goes well for ya.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Our home PC is in at the nerd shop getting a tuneup. I drove around last night scouting the sharp tail grouse sittuation. Managed to pop one out at 100 yds with the 17HMR. I figured out that they are hiding in ditch bottoms that are typically wet, deep ditch bottoms with tall grass for cover.

Maybe tonight Nate and I can walk a few of those ditches with shotguns, see if we can kick them birds out.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
ND, how do you prepare the sharpies? I have never had good luck with them.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Berettaman
ND, how do you prepare the sharpies? I have never had good luck with them.

I usually just surprise them.

I tried preparing them once for my impending doom, and they just flew away.

Sonofa!!

So from there forward I have decided that a surprise is attack the best way.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Okay, enough of the new Dave, bring back the old sucker! grin

For the table, how do you prepare them for the table? What type of cooking method do you employ prior to presenting said sharptail to your family for their culinary pleasure?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Oh....

grin

Well, last year I had an idea to shot a pile of sharpies, breast them out, cube, brown in fry pan and dump the meat in a pot of chili.

I still might try that... but the rabbit population has exploded so suddenly my sharp tail meat has been benched for chili duty, rabbit chili? grin

The most likely method for these sharpies will be to breast and cube, brown in butter, then add to a hearty homemade chicken soup with carrot, celery, onion and big egg noodles or wild rice. (and a few cans of chicken broth)

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What time is supper ND? smile

Do not feed the bear!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No kidding!

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Since you guys are multi Truth Cam owners, maybe you can help me parse out a problem I just encountered. I now have 3 of these, where I used to have just one. So, my pictures on the cameras were numbered from 1 to whatever and they seem to continue with the numbering system when I swap cards out. However, now I have 3 cameras with a PRMS0001.JPG. So when I copy the photos to one file on a hard drive, I have a collision of sorts.

so my question is, can you program a different numbering sequence into these things? I don't want to have to go in and change file names all the time.

Here is one that was just behind the house about 200 yds or so, but I've never seen him.
[Linked Image]

And here is another question. These two pictures were taken in my yard where something was digging up the grass every night (time stamp is wrong). Tearing up palm-sized junks of sod and flipping them over. The soil is bone dry and I can't guess what the heck they are after. Any guesses? They've been out there about 4 nights straight now. and they are only working a patch only slightly larger than what is in the photo. They are there for about an hour or so digging away. For what? I can't find anything.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BrentD
Since you guys are multi Truth Cam owners, maybe you can help me parse out a problem I just encountered. I now have 3 of these, where I used to have just one. So, my pictures on the cameras were numbered from 1 to whatever and they seem to continue with the numbering system when I swap cards out. However, now I have 3 cameras with a PRMS0001.JPG. So when I copy the photos to one file on a hard drive, I have a collision of sorts.

so my question is, can you program a different numbering sequence into these things? I don't want to have to go in and change file names all the time.

Here is one that was just behind the house about 200 yds or so, but I've never seen him.
[Linked Image]

And here is another question. These two pictures were taken in my yard where something was digging up the grass every night (time stamp is wrong). Tearing up palm-sized junks of sod and flipping them over. The soil is bone dry and I can't guess what the heck they are after. Any guesses? They've been out there about 4 nights straight now. and they are only working a patch only slightly larger than what is in the photo. They are there for about an hour or so digging away. For what? I can't find anything.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

They are digging for grubs. I have the same problem in the fall when the yard dries out. Only I thought it was skunks doing the damage as they are grub hungry little critters. After seeing your pic, it just might be coons. hmmm

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 975 of 1,842 1 2 973 974 975 976 977 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,943 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,354
Posts18,468,882
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.