Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
just a few things in the very first photo that were a dead give away.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Iran obviously has problems and is far from perfect. But given the tidal wave of propaganda in the news which is doing everything possible to �demonize the enemy� to justify war, we think it is valuable to provide some balance and perspective.
Islam is the problem

Kind of the way guns are the problem, too, huh?

The problem is people. The problem is always people. If the problem is a thing, then smart people will figure out a way around it.

So...if Muslims in Iran are your problem, and you believe they need to be killed (being apparently no different from a Muslim yourself, except in the sense that a Republican is different from a Democrat), then how are you going to kill all the Iranian Muslims without hurting all the Iranian Christians and Jews?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Barak
Iran obviously has problems and is far from perfect. But given the tidal wave of propaganda in the news which is doing everything possible to �demonize the enemy� to justify war, we think it is valuable to provide some balance and perspective.
Islam is the problem

The problem is people. The problem is always people. If the problem is a thing, then smart people will figure out a way around it.

So...if Muslims in Iran are your problem, and you believe they need to be killed (being apparently no different from a Muslim yourself, except in the sense that a Republican is different from a Democrat), then how are you going to kill all the Iranian Muslims without hurting all the Iranian Christians and Jews?

There you go again----with logic! smile

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Pete E
I think that under international Law, there is a responsibility on the winning side to stabilize/rebuild the defeated nation and not just pull out leaving in a shambles.

Well, we'll just have to change that international law, won't we?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
there is a responsibility on the winning side to stabilize/rebuild the defeated nation and not just pull out leaving in a shambles.

We prefer a third option: stabilize/rebuild leaving it in a shambles.

IC B2

XL5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What lovely photos. The European label really had me fooled. I could have mistaken them for Germany ...in 1938 ....NAZI Germany.

Alle Fähigkeit ist vergeblich, wenn ein Engel in Ihrem Notenloch uriniert
-- old German proverb
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Iran in the days of the Shah had some exquisite hunting if my dads and grandfathers magazines and books are to be believed.

Iraq, Iran, don't matter unless the moderate muslims stand up for themselves and get rid of the megalomaniacs and religous zealots in charge.

I am tired of going places saving idiots from themselves then getting [bleep] on...next time they mess with us send them a MOAB message and keep repeating until they freaking get it... let the UN put sanctions on us then maybe american jobs will come home again, use our resources for ourselves and our businesses, and make America only dependent on America.

Just my .02...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Iranians took to the streets betting their life the US would send help. I doubt that risk will be run again anytime soon. It is funny seeing the jews (another link at bottom of pictures), the Iranians have historically hated the jews and sent them to the front line first of any conflict. That is why Iran has such a small jewish population.

Personally, I think barrak husain should have at least given the Iranian protesters as much support as he gave the occupy Wall-Streeters, but then again what do you expect from the guy that declares himself head of the cocksucking party.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Barak
Islam is the problem

There you go again----with logic! smile

Except not.

Killing your problem isn't always the best way to fix your problem...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
XL5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by big drift
...Iraq, Iran, don't matter unless the moderate muslims stand up for themselves and get rid of the megalomaniacs and religous zealots in charge....

14 centuries on and the Muhammedan "moderates" show precious little sign of wearying of the megalomaniacs and religious zealots always running the show.

In circles of logic and conversation, this is known as "a clue."

To paraphrase Golda Meir, there only can be peace in the Middle East when the Arabs learn to love their own children more than they hate the Jews. To date, they still seem convinced the best use of a child is as the delivery system for a suicide vest.

Alle Fähigkeit ist vergeblich, wenn ein Engel in Ihrem Notenloch uriniert
-- old German proverb
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I lived in Tehran from 73 thru 76. Figured it out about a 1/3 of the way down.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
nation building caused 7/16 OSB to go from $5 a sheet to $17 a sheet 2003/2004

[bleep] them sand norwegians

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think that under international Law, there is a responsibility on the winning side to stabilize/rebuild the defeated nation and not just pull out leaving in a shambles.

Actually, I don't think there is anything under international law that says you have to stay, just that if you do stay and occupy, you then have certain obligations.

I think the big misjudgement was thinking that after "cutting the head off the snake," a pro-US, democratic government would magically appear.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
660 members (17Fan, 1badf350, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,658 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,603
Posts18,398,309
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.