Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You are missing my point entirely. First, I know very little about the building of the Canadian Pacific Railroad and nothing about the quality of their "coolies" I do, however know about the quality of the "coolies" used by the Central Pacific Railroad. They laid track through the Sierra Nevada Mountains, and the death toll among them was a national scandal. That's were the saying "doesn't have a Chinaman's chance" comes from. Still, THEY GOT THE JOB DONE. As the tracks got closer, the presidents of the Central Pacific and the Union Pacific made a bet as to who's men could lay the most track in one shift. Inspite of their inferiority as workers the Central Pacific's "coolies" beat the Union Pacific's "micks" and set a record for "hand laid track" (10 miles) that still stands to this day. So much for history. Red China is NOT a workers paradise as most liberals would have you believe and I do not advocate we copy their society. The fact remains though they get the job done no matter what it takes to do it. That they could duplicate The Great Wall today if they wanted to and we can't build a new refinery no matter how much we need it says it all. Over sixty lives were lost building the Hover Dam. A construction project that cost that many lives today would never get completed. Much of what we use in our modern lives is very toxic to produce, and our "not in my back yard" mentality forces overseas manufacturing. China is not so stupid as to refine food into fuel. We waste our money on expensive "Green Energy" and sell our coal to China. We have enough fossil fuel to last 200 years but our government won't let us use it, while our welfare recipients live better than the middle class of most countries. China IS our enemy and their only goal is to beat us. And until we have the guts to "nuke 'em til the glow" we have to do what ever it takes to beat them economically. And we can't beat them by worrying about their working conditions, environmental problems, and relying on them to buy our debt. This is not a game and worrying about fairness and playing by the rules will not make us winners. If we are to prevail, it's going to be tough. Both of our sworn enemies, Red China economically and Islam culturally, are in it for the long haul and have said so many times. They aim to win, and don't care how they do it. And please, don't even get me started about (or aboot for my Canadian friends) India.

Last edited by timbo762; 10/20/12.

Rich or poor, it pays to have money.
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well, we agree on some aspects of your comments, I loathe China, India and hate Islam, with a passion and DO NOT buy from them.

REAL environmental concerns DO NOT damage sound economic situations and, one aspect of this is that Americans, by the thousands, come to BC to hunt the game largely extirpated in your own country.

That said,the "Yellow Peril" is taking over here and we cannot "afford" sufficient Conservation Officers, but, can subsidize Chinamen to attend and clog our tax-funded public schools. We also give them these grants and so on, the problem is much the same on both sides of the 49th........

"Racist"....NO, it's SUTVIVAL!

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by HUNTS
Made in Montana-

http://www.outaware.com/

Thanks for posting this. I was unaware of them.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by timbo762
Inspite of their inferiority as workers the Central Pacific's "coolies" beat the Union Pacific's "micks" and set a record for "hand laid track" (10 miles) that still stands to this day. So much for history.

Do you want to take a guess at how many deaths were suffered from passengers on chinese track versus Mick track? Mostly by means of derailment or ties up-ending through cars.

I'll give you a hint, there are still sections of Mick track in use (albeit its a "short line")

Therein lies the major philosophical difference between the two countries manufacturing capabilities. Communist; go like hell make lots. American; go like hell, make as much as you can while still maintaining a culturally accpetable level of quality.

And yes, I have railroad DNA all the way back to the days of NINA. If I decided to be a Rail like my dad, grand-dad, etc... I'd be 5th generation

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, and I'm in the process of putting my money where my mouth is...

My long lived in Smartwool TML Light is going to get replaced by an Ibex Shak jersey, and my Smarwool henley will get replaced by an Ibex Woolie 150

The money I was GOING to spend on KUIU attack pants got spent on Filson Whipcords (my 3rd pair in a lifetime of hunting)

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
IC B2

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

697 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,149
Posts18,465,009
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.