Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just curious if any of you have signed up for a 0% APR credit card to purchase a rifle? I always pay my credit card bill off in full each month and this seems like a viable option if you didn't just have the cash lying around. What do you think? By the way the rifle I would purchase would be a kimber montana!!

BP-B6

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I typically sell off a few EBT cards to garner enough cash for the next rifle.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you have the discipline to pay her off by the time your zero percent runs dry, go for it bro.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the dealer i do most business with would rather get kicked in the sack than process a credit card...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Steelhead

+1 whistle

to the OP, if you "don't have the cash laying around," the 0% is a bad idea. when something happens and you miss a payment, the interest jumps to 25%. the only benefit I can see to these deals is if you want to spread the payments out over a few months to keep a larger balance in your account (some banks require a minimum amount or you get better incentives for carrying a balance above a certain amount, etc.) but I'd always want enough in there the pay the whole thing off at once if I needed to. otherwise, you're probably gonna get burned. IMHO

I bought a shotgun w a cabelas credit card on time. 10% off my 1st purchase meant $100 off a $1000 shotgun. paid it off immediately, used the card for a few more months but never carried a balance. then cut it up. I didn't feel like that was a terrible deal

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
Originally Posted by Steelhead

+1 whistle

to the OP, if you "don't have the cash laying around," the 0% is a bad idea. when something happens and you miss a payment, the interest jumps to 25%. the only benefit I can see to these deals is if you want to spread the payments out over a few months to keep a larger balance in your account (some banks require a minimum amount or you get better incentives for carrying a balance above a certain amount, etc.) but I'd always want enough in there the pay the whole thing off at once if I needed to. otherwise, you're probably gonna get burned. IMHO

I bought a shotgun w a cabelas credit card on time. 10% off my 1st purchase meant $100 off a $1000 shotgun. paid it off immediately, used the card for a few more months but never carried a balance. then cut it up. I didn't feel like that was a terrible deal

This is exactly what credit card companies don't want to see. They want you to get a line of credit and keep using it and paying the interest.

Credit is only as good as you can manage it. Don't put anything on a credit card, you can't pay for. I use my Cabela's card for all my purchases every month and then pay it off. I get the % they credit me and I don't pay anything for it. I have over $300.00 credit at Cabela's, only problem is that I don't need anything they have...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I have over $300.00 credit at Cabela's, only problem is that I don't need anything they have...

I got the same thing with Bass Pro Shops,just don't need anything.Think i'm gonn a terminate that account and use my Amex cash rewards card......cash seems to be something i always need.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Trust me on this... You are flirting with a very slippery slope... Don't ask me how I know... blush

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I trashed my credit bad enough in my early 20s. I no longer buy ANYTHING that I can't live without on a credit card. I set cash aside until I have enough saved THEN I buy, you tend to appreciate things more that way.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
I trashed my credit bad enough in my early 20s. I no longer buy ANYTHING that I can't live without on a credit card. I set cash aside until I have enough saved THEN I buy, you tend to appreciate things more that way.

Yep. Though now that I'm a little more disciplined, I may try getting a Cabelas card, just to earn some points for gas purchases and the like. But like Shrap said, I'm not exactly enamored with what Cabelas carries anymore.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I took one of the 0% deals out once and it worked great. I needed about 1500 to finish a shop at a new house as I'd spent everything saved for the project. Took out the card, finished the shop, paid that sucker off as soon as I had it, and then cut it up and canceled the account.

Great for times of need when you are in a bind IF you are very good at paying them off in full on time. Needs and wants are two different games, I'd personally wait till I had the money saved for a gun purchase.

As another poster mentioned, don't have a late payment or no payment one month. If you don't make the minimum payment each month, the zero is gone and they'd jack it up over 20% plus add fees. Too many people get screwed by CC Cos, they aint for everyone.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If I want something I don't have the cash for my wife buys it for me.

Mathew 22: 37-39

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

.........."only problem is that I don't need anything they have..."

You need to visit Cabela's on-line Gun Room.

grin grin grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cra1948

To quote Deflave ....,, GFY

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
This is the best way to do it.

I know we live in the world of instant gratification nowadays, but the safest way to buy is to have the amount in cash whether you buy it with paper or plastic.

My dad always pounded that in my head, I didn't always listen and [bleep] up a couple times, but now I know that to be the truth and the best way to go.

Besides, why make credit card companies any more money, they screw and ruin people's lives like us on a daily basis with their bullschit interest, that's their bread and butter.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Les7603006
Originally Posted by cra1948

To quote Deflave ....,, GFY

I just figured he was channeling his inner Swampy... shocked

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slopshot1

grin grin grin
\

You should see my safe...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by n8dawg6

That's exactly what I did, but at Bass Pro. I use credit cards as tools to earn points or cash back, but never to drag out the payment of something.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SAUMHUNTER79
Besides, why make credit card companies any more money, they screw and ruin people's lives like us on a daily basis with their bullschit interest, that's their bread and butter.

I don't know about you, but I've never had a credit card company force me to charge anything or send me a card without my consent.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by slopshot1

grin grin grin
\

You should see my safe...

We've seen your safe, your cars, your mancave, your house. In the name of deflave I really think the GFY seems fitting in your case.....Just sayin laugh wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
141 members (257 mag, 32_20fan, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,456 guests, and 774 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,897
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.