24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can contact the union at 301-933-8600 and ask them how Frank Hurt successfully changed a Ch 11 reorg into a Ch 7 liquidation bankruptcy.

That has got to take some skill!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bottom line is Hostess is an archaic company producing the same chit products they always have, charging constomers more for less of their chit products.

Consumers have changed, hostess didnt.

The company has filed chapter 11 three times. When that happens, its the fault of leadership and poor management...period.

IMO, the union did hostess and the employees the favor of speeding up the inevitable and epic failure produced by mismanagement. Best case 18,500 employees work for 70% of their wage for a few more months until management makes the decision to close the doors anyway. Which, IMO, was going to happen even if the employees agreed to work for free.

Hostess Management screwed the pooch...and its 100% correct that companies die from the neck up.

This is a function of a poorly run company producting a chit product that nobody wants.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta circle them wagons and toe that line, eh Buzz?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Bottom line is Hostess is an archaic company producing the same chit products they always have, charging constomers more for less of their chit products.

Consumers have changed, hostess didnt.

The company has filed chapter 11 three times. When that happens, its the fault of leadership and poor management...period.

IMO, the union did hostess and the employees the favor of speeding up the inevitable and epic failure produced by mismanagement. Best case 18,500 employees work for 70% of their wage for a few more months until management makes the decision to close the doors anyway. Which, IMO, was going to happen even if the employees agreed to work for free.

Hostess Management screwed the pooch...and its 100% correct that companies die from the neck up.

This is a function of a poorly run company producting a chit product that nobody wants.

"Hostess had annual sales of about $2.5 billion. The company said it had been making 500 million Twinkies and 127 million loaves of Wonder Bread annually before Friday's shutdown."

Lord, could you please let me produce something that is so crappy that customers won't buy it as much as they weren't buying Hostess products? Amen.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I deal in reality.

Let me ask you a question.

Would you invest all your money in a company that produces a chit product that has filed chapter 11 three times in a couple years?

Yeah, thats what I thought.

But, the Hostess CEO is asking 18,500 employees to take a pay cut to bet their money on a sure loser.

Makes perfect sense to me.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
"Hostess had annual sales of about $2.5 billion. The company said it had been making 500 million Twinkies and 127 million loaves of Wonder Bread annually before Friday's shutdown."

...and yet management still found a way to fugg' it up and lose it all.

Congratulations?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I deal in reality.

Would you invest all your money in a company that produces a chit product that has filed chapter 11 three times in a couple years?

But, the Hostess CEO is asking 18,500 employees to take a pay cut to bet their money on a sure loser.

I wouldn't invest a dime in anything union run....

This is what always happens...

This CEO was called in to pull them out of the Chapter 11. He saw that labor costs were too high to do so. That's not so hard to understand. Unless you're union, of course...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

...and yet management still found a way to fugg' it up and lose it all.

Congratulations?
Uh, your 'nobody wants their product' was the point.
Given you missed that, I realize we won't agree on the obvious cause of their folding up their tents.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Union and Non-Union companies come and go every day...that is what always happens when any company is run like chit (as is the case with Hostess).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I deal in reality.

With ya. Won't invest in union companies and make the best effort I can to buy USA and non union products, why support communists.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This CEO was called in to pull them out of the Chapter 11.

He did a great job...I wonder how much bread he'll make for his expertise...pun there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Union and Non-Union companies come and go every day...that is what always happens when any company is run like chit (as is the case with Hostess)AND/OR held hostage by unions.

Fixed it.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Union got what they deserved!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Union and Non-Union companies come and go every day...that is what always happens when any company is run like chit (as is the case with Hostess).

So every company that ever goes under is because of management? It's never because of labor? Awesome.
Man RickBin needs to start charging tuition for the education one can receive around here.

NRA Lifer

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This CEO was called in to pull them out of the Chapter 11.

He did a great job...I wonder how much bread he'll make for his expertise...pun there.

The greedy union thugs wouldn't let him do his job. Blame is on them.

Turdlike, by default.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

I'll tell that to Costco next time I'm picking up a load of groceries. It's too bad, I really liked shopping there.

Now I'm not saying that in this instance Union stupidity wasn't to blame - there are plenty of times Unions need to be willing to take a hair cut in order to save their jobs and this might be one of those cases. What I am saying is that the rhetoric here often goes way out of line with reality and folks on both sides need a more realistic view of the world.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
sounds like they had a popular product they could not sell cheaply enough to compete with Little Debbie and other non-union shop competitors, and the "workers" would rather collect unemployment than take a 1/3 pay cut.

and they're not "betting their money"....nobody's asking them to invest any of their own money in Hostess, just to work at a lower wage, in an economy where real unemployment is 15% or more, and even their reduced wage is probably pretty good for a semi-skilled trade.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have a valid point Mike.

That said, there is still a reason that I refuse to shop Costco, and it's unions.

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Union and Non-Union companies come and go every day...that is what always happens when any company is run like chit (as is the case with Hostess)AND/OR held hostage by unions.

Fixed it.

Wrong, who negotiated the contract? Just the Union?

Again, Management is half of any negotiation and if they agree to pay wages that will bankrupt a company...its their fault. Get a better negotiation team next time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Fixed it.

Wrong, who negotiated the contract? Just the Union?

Again, Management is half of any negotiation and if they agree to pay wages that will bankrupt a company...its their fault. Get a better negotiation team next time.

You can't negotiate with that kind of leverage. You either capitulate or everybody packs up and goes home.

There is no next time, thanks to the union

Turdlike, by default.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
111 members (10gaugeman, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,416 guests, and 687 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,881
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.