Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'm going to hit it this morning also. What I don't need to do is kill one though. I have plenty to do today with work and a dead deer will certainly complicate my day. <<grin>>

BP-B2

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Nothing this am investigated where I heard fight yesterday
Definitely was buck fight it was in a scrub field and no one has been in there it's tore up with scrapes and rubs

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
It's gonna happen, yer in a good spot. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Super Busy with work past 2 days my buddy is flying in from Manitoba whitetail hunt tomorrow he shot a big 9 pt so had to check zero on my spare slugging and get him a stand ready I had one hung in a good spot from years ago but poison ivy grew all up the tree I just spent the last 15 minutes with rubber gloves and pruners getting it cleared so he can sit it Saturday for gun opener
I'm gonna get a big does of poison ivy as I'm sure it got all over me but hey what are buddies for!
Crawled up into my stand for last hour and a few problem my last chance with the bow very still no wind but I shall hope for a last chance

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good luck bro, show glad poison ivy/oak doesnt bother me.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Hopefully I'm not off to see my Dr for prednisone

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Super Busy with work past 2 days my buddy is flying in from Manitoba whitetail hunt tomorrow he shot a big 9 pt so had to check zero on my spare slugging and get him a stand ready I had one hung in a good spot from years ago but poison ivy grew all up the tree I just spent the last 15 minutes with rubber gloves and pruners getting it cleared so he can sit it Saturday for gun opener
I'm gonna get a big does of poison ivy as I'm sure it got all over me but hey what are buddies for!
Crawled up into my stand for last hour and a few problem my last chance with the bow very still no wind but I shall hope for a last chance

Good luck tonight. Nothing like last minute heroics!!

Kill the beast.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck this evening!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck!

You are a real friend...willing to mess with PI for someone!

I'd tell my cousin (best friend and hunting pard) to go pound it if he asked me to move PI from his stand...haha!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
No deer moving been lock down past few days
May sneak out in morning

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hopefully I'm not off to see my Dr for prednisone

Gosh damn, me too D, got through about a half a round of that stuff, they damn near had to lock me away for keeps. eek shocked

Gunner

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Preparation-H wipes will be your friend! I found out the hard way when I moved down here to Texas (they don't have poison ivy or oak in Alaska!) that I am severely allergic to the stuff. The nurse at the Doc's office told me to use Preparation-H wipes to cut down on the swelling and itching. It DID!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Dat sounds like a BAAAAADDDD joke. laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mix some rubbing alcohol with some Absorbing Jr and wipe it up down the crack of your ass and it will make you forget all about the itching

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bea175
Mix some rubbing alcohol with some Absorbing Jr and wipe it up down the crack of your ass and it will make you forget all about the itching

Don't forget to add the crushed red peppers.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by doubletap
Originally Posted by bea175

Don't forget to add the crushed red peppers.

Too funny!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Well friend it looks like I'm not getting out this a.m. so the fat lady has sung over my archery season...
We all deem success differently, my season has been a great success with the whole gamut of emotions from excitement to aggravation, from surprise to disappointment
But to me although I didn't take a buck this season(1st time in a few years)
This has been one of my best archery seasons ever!I saw 2 true monster buck and them close enough to spit on 4 different times.
I saw hundreds of deer buck and doe and passed far too many to count.
I had my opportunity at a giant 8 pt past Saturday and made a bad shot 2" to far forward hitting twigs but that was my call thinking I could slip an arrow thru an obstruction.
Some would say terrible and disappointing season, not me
Great season as I hunted my butt off and had FUN the whole time even the frustrating ones! A lot of hunters forget why we pursue this sport, it's not for fame and fortune,or to kill every outing,rather plane and simple it's to have fun,enjoy ourselves and nature...and that my friends I did in spades this 2012 archery season!!

Besides this isn't over yet I'll continue my quest for one of the big guys Saturday when I'll have my 12 ga slug gun in hand

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Multiple close encounters with big bucks in a wild free roaming area (not high fenced) equal a GREAT season in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your adventure.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yes, many thanks for the ride along DVD, hope ya bust ole big boy with yer slug gun now, my old A-5 has a slug barrel with sights and shoots the Brennekee KO slugs lights out for a smoothbore. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I enjoyed following along. Had me all fired up to hunt, just wish my hunts had 1/2 as many deer sightings...

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (257 roberts, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 76 invisible), 2,771 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.