24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Does any one understand the Sierra Infinity program? I just can't seem to get into it. Started out with RCBS PC Bullet. Was real simple and easy to understand. It's gone to the happy hunting grounds and can't be reloaded onto my new computer. Is there something simple out there that will give me velocities at range, trajectories and Point blank ranges
confused

AdmiralZummie
Nuclear Grade U.B.C. Ret.
NRA Lifer

"For God so loved the world he didn't send a committee!"
BP-B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Just keep messing with it. There are a lot of things you can do, just need to learn it. Some things seem to be a hassle, but it works good. It's not like you can hurt anything if you get it wrong.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I won't give up, I'll keep hacking at it and eventually I will figure it out. Thanks for the encouragement!

AdmiralZummie
Nuclear Grade U.B.C. Ret.
NRA Lifer

"For God so loved the world he didn't send a committee!"
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
You may want to try this.

Pete

http://www.biggameinfo.com/BalCalc.aspx

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"Is there something simple out there that will give me velocities at range, trajectories and Point blank ranges"

I've been very happy many years with Lee's inexpensive and simple to use ballistics program. It prints tables in any yardage increments I want, for any BC, velocity and line of sight I want, including 'point blank' info for any kill zone I identify. It's a puzzle to me that it gets so little attention from shooters.

IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Why not call the Sierra Tech's and ask them. They should be able to answer any of your questions.

1-800-223-8799 Mon to Fri 8:00 AM to 8:00 Pm Central time.

I've called they several times and they are very friendly and helpful.

Bob

If you can read and write, thank a teacher
If it's in English, thank a Vet

Life Member NRA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe this will help.

On the top left, click on load bullet, then manufactures and select one, then caliber and weight. Fill out the appropriate boxes on the left and select accept values and then click load, which is on the bottom. If you can get that part down, then you can mess with the task bar on the top which has other variables to play with.

Last edited by 89tenbus; 11/05/12.

NRA Life Member

"You might as well be wrong, as be right and not know it"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have Infinity, Quick Target, Lee, the now defunct Barnes, but the one I use all the time is Ballistic Explorer. It does all the easy stuff easily, but it can also do stuff no one else has thought of. The more you work with it the more you discover you can do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MacLorry
I have Infinity, Quick Target, Lee, the now defunct Barnes, but the one I use all the time is Ballistic Explorer. It does all the easy stuff easily, but it can also do stuff no one else has thought of. The more you work with it the more you discover you can do.

I've used well over a dozen ballistics programs (maybe two dozen � haven't kept count) since 1982. My all-time favorites (for ballistics) are QuickLOAD and Ballistic Explorer (BEX). I'd like the Sierra software better if it were easier to use for my purposes.

BEX, by the way, is also available from http://www.oehler-research.com/

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
JBM "Simplified" Trajectory calculator. It's online, FREE, and has proven very accurate for me over years of use.

RLTW
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
JBM is to Ballistic Explorer what the Windows calculator is to Excel. The calculator is free, convenient and accurate, but so limited compared to Excel. You can spend hours fiddling in JBM's or any clunky web app and totally miss those moments of clarity that only come when you can see multi-dimensional data dynamically. Those aha moments are worth so much more than the few bucks Dr. Oehler asks for his software.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Try clicking on the HELP tab on tne menu bar. Everything you need to know is right there.

Swifty

Swifty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (10gaugeman, 338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,385 guests, and 691 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,873
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.