Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Been reloading for a few years now and as I shoot farther and farther the details matter more and more. Anyway the next step is picking up a good chronograph. Don't mind spending the coin for quality, just want to buy one good one once.

I've heard the Oheler 35 is the best. I would like to hear from folks who have an Ohler on what makes it better or best and would they buy another one.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Get the Oehler. Early on, I messed around w/Pact and Chrony's, but both had dependability issues. I've had my Oehler now for close to 10 years and couldn't see being w/o it. Here's their website...

http://www.oehler-research.com/

"The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Even if you don't get an Oehler, get one with screens separate from the brain. It's not a question of if you shoot your chronograph but when............

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
Even if you don't get an Oehler, get one with screens separate from the brain. It's not a question of if you shoot your chronograph but when............

Now that is funny and true

gary

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DoeSlayer
Get the Oehler. Early on, I messed around w/Pact and Chrony's, but both had dependability issues. I've had my Oehler now for close to 10 years and couldn't see being w/o it. Here's their website...

http://www.oehler-research.com/

+1

here is mine

[Linked Image]

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Pro Chrony digital is about the best one our there for the money.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by MichiganScott

ain't that the truth!

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I've always said that if you haven't shot a chronograph, you haven't shot much!

Oehler 35 for me, after using a number of others.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
If I had my own shooting range I'd probably spring for the Oehlor. But I like to not have to carry a bunch of stuff like I see with all the wires etc with Oehlor. I'm sure it's the cadillac but my Pro Chrony has been really reliable and quick and ez to carry and set up. Especially when others are sharing the range. My Pro Chrono has been knocked over onto concrete two times in it's life and is still ticking off readings like the day I got it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Oehler 35 for me, after using a number of others.

Difficult to ever agree with JB.........but I 100% agree with him on this !!!!

Last edited by rockchuck828; 11/18/12.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I've always said that if you haven't shot a chronograph, you haven't shot much!

Guess that makes me a member of that club too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Been reloading for a few years now and as I shoot farther and farther the details matter more and more. Anyway the next step is picking up a good chronograph. Don't mind spending the coin for quality, just want to buy one good one once.

I've heard the Oheler 35 is the best. I would like to hear from folks who have an Ohler on what makes it better or best and would they buy another one.

For the money it's hard to beat a Pro Chrono.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry, Brad, I can't help myself.

When I had a shooting range on my property I cut a piece of channel iron about thirteen feet long. At exactly as a take measure can measure something I cut two slots for the eyes. Underneath I installed a couple things to hold the eyes for my Ohler 33. I mounted this on two poles concreted into the ground.

One time a guy came with a .38 revolver. He asked me why the channel iron, so I told him. He said, "You wont need that with me." A few minutes later there was a streak on the channel about a foot in front of the far eye slot. Fore site saved the eye. By the time I moved there were several streaks between the first and second eye.

When I sold that place and moved to the city crazy I made a portable set up. I took a friend shooting. I told him don't even think about the electric eyes. Just concentrate on the target and you will miss the eyes by three to four inches. His first shot took out the second eye.

One day my son-in-law borrowed my chronograph. When he brought it back he also brought a Chrony. When I asked him why he told me he shot the electric eye.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Have never hit the chrono in probably 15 years of using them but my alignment rods probably have 5 copper colored nicks in em! Guess I've only missed the paper 5 times in 15 years!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ringman
Sorry, Brad, I can't help myself.

When I had a shooting range on my property I cut a piece of channel iron about thirteen feet long. At exactly as a take measure can measure something I cut two slots for the eyes. Underneath I installed a couple things to hold the eyes for my Ohler 33. I mounted this on two poles concreted into the ground.

One time a guy came with a .38 revolver. He asked me why the channel iron, so I told him. He said, "You wont need that with me." A few minutes later there was a streak on the channel about a foot in front of the far eye slot. Fore site saved the eye. By the time I moved there were several streaks between the first and second eye.

When I sold that place and moved to the city crazy I made a portable set up. I took a friend shooting. I told him don't even think about the electric eyes. Just concentrate on the target and you will miss the eyes by three to four inches. His first shot took out the second eye.

One day my son-in-law borrowed my chronograph. When he brought it back he also brought a Chrony. When I asked him why he told me he shot the electric eye.

That post makes no sense... but particularly since the Pro Chrono brand is different than Chrony brand.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kraky111
Have never hit the chrono in probably 15 years of using them but my alignment rods probably have 5 copper colored nicks in em! Guess I've only missed the paper 5 times in 15 years!

I've been using a some sort of chronograph for well over 20 years... never shot one yet. Saying you don't shoot much if you've never shot a chrono is like saying you don't fly much if you've never crashed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad

For the money it's hard to beat a Pro Chrono....

+1. That's what I've been using for years now. Much bigger shooting area than the Chrony too.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,320
Posts18,468,438
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.