Print Thread
Hop To
M
MYore Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Here is a Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle package all ready to go and a proven performer. This rifle is from my personal collection and has had about 100 rounds through it. I worked up a few handloads for it, using Tac and 150gr Ballistic Tips - it is a superb shooter. I did this development at 25 yards due to the low power optic, and was getting just one jagged little hole. It is going to shoot at about 1 MOA at distance just fine if you can hold that with the scope. It could possibly shoot even better as I really haven't spent much time with it.

I am impressed with this little rifle and would love to keep it around but I simply need the money. I have a taxidermy bill on the way for the good time I had in Africa, and getting my rifle building business tooled up has and continues to take everything I can throw at it.

The scope is Burris' 2.75x scout scope. This is a high quality durable optic. It is mounted in Warne quick release rings on the picatinny base. This scope new runs $250. This is an earlier generation of the scope too, that is Made in USA. The rings are $60 new.

I added on the XS full length picatinny rail that includes the rear ghost ring. This add on allows you to use a scout scope or conventional scope in quick release rings and still have the iron sights. The factory setup doesn't allow use of a conventional scope without removing and replacing the rear sight. This rail from XS is an $80 upgrade.

I also have 6 magazines for it at a value of about $250 not counting the metal 10rd that came with the rifle, all Ruger branded:
2) metal 5 round
1) metal 10 round
1) polymer 10 round
1) polymer 5 round
1) polymer 3 round

This package will also include the original box and paperwork, the Ruger scope rings that attach to the receiver, the original shorter picatinny base, and the spacers for the stock length adjustment.

I will let it go for $1400 shipped to your FFL (from my FFL). I am a dealer so CO residents will have to pay sales tax for a local pick up in Fort Collins. I would like to sell the complete package but would also entertain offers on the rifle back in its factory condition, or any mix of the components I have.

I also have a Leatherwood 2-7x scout scope new in the box that could be worked into a deal.

To sweeten the deal, I will offer a $100 Cerakote upgrade to the purchaser (cerakoting of the barreled action, trigger guard, base, and scope rings) That is about half of what I would quote to Cerakote this rifle. The rifle will have to be paid for prior to Cerakoting it. I think it would look great in OD Green and was going to do it, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

High res pictures can be viewed at my blog:
http://sawtoothrifles.blogspot.com/2012/11/for-sale-ruger-gunsite-scout-rifle.html

[Linked Image]

GB1

M
MYore Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Good morning bump for all you black Friday shoppers out there.

M
MYore Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Bump

M
MYore Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
morning bump

M
MYore Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
top again

IC B2

M
MYore Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Taking it off the market for now. I have a hunt coming up and will be gone. I will likely put it back up in a couple weeks.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

284 members (06hunter59, 10ring1, 1OntarioJim, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 1,632 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,177
Posts18,465,508
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.