BP-B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by deflave
LCR all the way.

Travis

Travis, or any of you guys who have had a chance to handle/shoot both the LCR and the 442, why a preference for the LCR? The most mentioned item i've seen is the good trigger on the LCR. And why not stay with the 38 +P? (If I want more horsepower than that I'll just stick my Commander under my shirt.). I'm specifically looking for a pocket weapon and trying to learn what I can from you all.

Dave

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OldRooster
Originally Posted by deflave
LCR all the way.

Travis

Travis, or any of you guys who have had a chance to handle/shoot both the LCR and the 442, why a preference for the LCR? The most mentioned item i've seen is the good trigger on the LCR. And why not stay with the 38 +P? (If I want more horsepower than that I'll just stick my Commander under my shirt.). I'm specifically looking for a pocket weapon and trying to learn what I can from you all.

Dave
The LCR is lighter, and has a lighter double action trigger pull, not to mention you can grip it higher in relation to the bore axis. The 442 is the more tried and true weapon, though.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The original keltec

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I was going to say that some of you guys have really big pockets.

That's a good picture in the other thread on pocket pistols comparing the size of XDs and the CW9. Technically my CW9 will fit into my jeans front pocket completely and when I'm standing it doesn't show hardly at all. But as soon as I sit down and stretch the pants leg a bit the outline is very obviously a gun. Same with the CM9 which has a smaller butt. Standing up you can�t see it in a pocket at all but even it will print when you sit down. FWIW I�m 5� 9� and wear a 35 or 34 inch waist.

I can see how a person could hide a bigger gun in a front pocket but you�d need not only bigger pockets but much, much looser pants all around to not print anything bigger than an LCP or Kel-Tec P3AT type of gun when you�re sitting.

A pocket holster is a good idea for several reasons but it really does hide the outline of the slide and butt. But even one of those still leaves you with a big square bulge in your pocket when you sit down.

That�s why I started a thread asking for folks to post pics of how they carry but it didn't go anywhere. Everyone says how they carry their pre-64 Model 70 Alaskan in a bathing suit and nobody sees it but I sure can�t. Seriously though, I really would like to know how folks manage to carry these larger handguns totally hidden from view under all circumstances - where do you carry and what wardrobe choices do you need to do this?

I've been trying various ways to hide a CW9 completely, all the time, sitting or bending over, and the only thing I can come up with is IWB with a shirt untucked or wearing a jacket or outer garment of some kind. That's fine and dandy but you have to then wear your jacket sitting at a restuarant table, in a theater, wherever - you can't take it off without exposing your butt (pun intended).

Jim, I dont know that there is any true effective way to conceal 24/7 in ALL positions

I will try to describe to you what I do and it may or may not help....I am 6'6" tall and wear a 38 pants....I have a Ruger LCP and now a Springfield XDs which replaced my LC9. My LCP is pretty easy to hide (obviously). It has a belt clip which makes pocket carry very easy. It is small enough that it does not print and anyone that "notices" it thinks its a small pocket knife and ive even had a buddy ask to borrow my "knife". I carry the LCP when I have loose shorts on or any other more comfortable or light clothing....it is also my go to gun when I carry in places that I want the utmost concealment...last time I went to the movies it was clipped inside my boot

Now, with the Springfield I currently have 2 options.....I pocket carry or use the included paddle holster. I do pocket carry the XDs and it can and does "print" depending on how I am standing and sitting. I tried one pocket holster but it made a very large buldge

The stock paddle holster is not a good option for me....its little, uncomfortable, and makes a rather large bulge on my side....I am having a customer leather holster made right know for it that will keep it OWB but canted and tight to my body....that will be they way I carry it 95% of the time...I do not ever tuck my shirts in and I have never loved IWB carry so I think this will fit me best.

With all of that being said, I am sure that people at times will notice I am carrying, I try my best to conceal, but as long as I am within the law, I do not worry too much if 1 out of every 20 people or whatever, notice that I am carrying

Last edited by Boococky; 12/13/12.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (219DW, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 80 invisible), 2,905 guests, and 1,442 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.