Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 65x47L
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by lauren
Mr, Ruger is/was a good man. We all need to clean up our sh...
I like Ruger's, and I generally don''t like anything post '64

I definitely have nothing to do with guns made for killing people.

are you really that stupid?

Apparently he is. But one thing Bill Ruger was right on, he said government and law enforcement wasn't honest. He said "no honest man needs more than ten rounds" yet continued to sell government and law enforcement 20s and 30s.
grin Exactly.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 65x47L
Originally Posted by eh76

are you really that stupid?

Apparently he is. But one thing Bill Ruger was right on, he said government and law enforcement wasn't honest. He said "no honest man needs more than ten rounds" yet continued to sell government and law enforcement 20s and 30s.
By Bill Ruger's definition, I'm far from honest.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
ruger was an interesting man, and a pretty nice guy as reported to me by friends that knew him personally. What has always given me a kick is the fact that he started his company by basically reverse engineering other weapons, which they continue to do to this day although they have in recent years came out with market innovations. The mini 14 is based in many respects on the M1garand or carbine as to the action.
They have never compared all that favorable to a stock ar15 in many ways. I just talked to a guy a day or so ago that had to have a tactical mini14 what ever that is, and bought one a couple of months ago. Asked him if he ever bought some spare mags like I advised him to do so. No. Well good luck now. 35bucks for a mag for the ruger, when you could have about 3 for the same price for the ar.
The grandson of ruger has a auction house in prescott by the way, and rugers collection, which was extensive, and what he used for examples in design of his own stuff, is being slowly auctioned off. Been tempted a few times to buy a few of his rifles.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Might as well discontinue the "American" as well since nobody knows what America is anymore.

[bleep] Ruger......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We could be losing access to much better guns be thankful. Now if they'd just get rid of that Ranch Mini 14 pos.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 12/18/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Where is the best place to read about the history of Ruger? I have to plead total ignorance on the negative remarks about him. I own and like several Rugers. I prefer to be educated on these things and well, on this I m not.

1/504 PIR
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Mini-14's and Mini-30's are junk anyway. That being said, not sure why anyone would buy a factory built AR anyway. Very easy to assemble yourself, and you can get what you really want for less money.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Haven't read all the posts but it doesn't surprise me even if no looming ban. It's an AR that retails for 1500.00. When sw, and others are selling them for less than a grand

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Its an AR with bells and whistles not on the $1000 ARs you see.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The executives who run Ruger, Inc., need not worry about the Ruger EUBR (Evil Ugly Black Rifle) being taken out of production so they can concentrate on the Mini-14.

If Feinstein, Libermann, Schumer, Boxer, Lautenberg, their NYC toady Bloomberg, and the other Far Left "progressives" get their "assault gun" bill passed, they will -- this time -- ban the Ruger Mini-14/Mini-30 rifles right along with all the rest of the EUBRs.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
No the mini will be thier bread and butter if they can get the the mags down to $15. All they have to do is drop the FH and thier gun is 94 AWB legal. No bayo lug, not pistol grip, no collapsing stock.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sent them an e-mail. I'll post if I get a response.

My Google-fu is strong, and I can't find even a suggestion that Ruger is stopping anything.

see this: http://news.investors.com/business/...-sturm-ruger-smith-and-wesson-plunge.htm

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by RWE
Lauren's undying support goes to pre-64 Winchesters.

He's apathetic if anything else gets confiscated.

I can't stand the f'n things myself....
If it ain't in the Madis Book, I don't like it.

People buy AR's to compensate for something. I would assume perhaps fear plays arole. Sure as sh.. ain't buying them for their usefulness or aesthetics.

I watch people buy all kinds of stupid sh...

Yes,i am a gun snob. I still wonder about people that buy those things.

Lauren sure is a stupid POS. Thanks for outing her.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
And nothing of value was lost.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ringworm
No the mini will be thier bread and butter if they can get the the mags down to $15. All they have to do is drop the FH and thier gun is 94 AWB legal. No bayo lug, not pistol grip, no collapsing stock.

You are assuming that the next "assault weapons ban" will be identical as the first. I have a feeling they are going after all semi-autos this time...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

You are assuming that the next "assault weapons ban" will be identical as the first. I have a feeling they are going after all semi-autos this time...
They'll probably go for all semi-autos that can accept a detachable magazine.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

I hope so. that will make the attempt even more futile. I hope the go after revolvers and shotguns and fk airsoft guns. I hope they try to ban sticks shapd like guns...nerf, water pistols.
I hope they get on TV and let America hear how fking stupid they are to think they can do anything about 350,000,000 + firearms in the hands of 1/3 of the population. thats a pretty large fkin demographic group.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I know a cop who is actually stressing about all this. He told a friend that they are scared they are going to be told to go round up certain guns. He said the whole force will quit, because he isn't taking a bullet over this.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter

leave & GFY

Last edited by gunchamp; 12/18/12.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I know a cop who is actually stressing about all this. He told a friend that they are scared they are going to be told to go round up certain guns. He said the whole force will quit, because he isn't taking a bullet over this.

buy him one of these...
[Linked Image]

Aint nobody "rounding up" [bleep] from 62 million people.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
668 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 72 invisible), 2,994 guests, and 1,438 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.