Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by Laguna
In a capitalist economy in which a bona fide business transaction occurs, there is no such thing as price gouging.

Perhaps there would be no such thing as customer loyalty either, and a business should have no hard feelings if a customer goes elsewhere. I'm reminded of that ad on TV for one of those loan shopping services in which a banker whines because his customer went for a better deal elsewhere "but you've banked with us for 10 years" or something like that. There wouldn't be ads about a company caring or being the customer's friend. Businesses would welcome comparison shopping, because that's part of the free market system.

Loyalty works both ways, but some business owners act like the customer owes it to them.

I'm just throwing this out as food for thought. I do believe in the value of relationships, including the intangibles.

Paul

Freedom to choose how & where you spend your money is the essence of capitalism.

BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

TRH,

We've became enslaved a long time ago. In fact, we can trace it to Wilson and its acceleration to FDR.

Our enslavement/loss of liberty was accomplished via incremental compromise. Apparently Americans never thought to examine the motives of those using the ruse of reasonable compromise. Liberty is not a concept to be compromised. Compromising liberty is never, ever virtuous.

TRH, you were right on the money with international bankers manipulating our liberty. I just finished Rickards "Currency Wars". We are already a satellite state of a one-world-government. Most Americans just ain't yet got it figured out.

If we're going to revert to the country that was the patrimony of our Founding Fathers, the Liberty Movement appears our only option. We must get out of the UN, out of the G20, out of the IMF, out of entangling treaties, stop using our military to achieve objectives of international financiers & monied interests, and dissolve the Fed Reserve. Even with that, we'd have a tough row to hoe to undo a century's damage inflicted upon what was once the greatest country in the history of the world.

We ought to revisit President Washington's Neutrality Act. We have no business meddling in affairs of other countries nor they ours. That's the essence of sovereignty.

Merry Christmas,

Tom
But disarmament seals the enslavement deal. It marks the final transition into slavery, crossing the last T and dotting the last I.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Merry Christmas,

Tom
Same to you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like some, I saw this coming and had already stocked up on reloading components and hi cap magazines.

BUT, what really chaps my butt is the customer that comes into the store expecting me to have my prices the same as they were 2 weeks ago, so he can buy it cheap and turnaround and sell it at a HUGE profit on Gunbroker frown .

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by siskiyous6

I will never regret killing the agents of government who come looking for our guns.

siskiyous6,

Killing without sensing regret ain't healthy.

Assuming confiscation occurs, cops/federal troops actually doing the confiscating will be performing their assigned/ordered duty. I will never even remotely entertain the thought of harming any cop; federal, state, or local for performing her/his assigned/ordered duties. The ones causing harm are our politicians. Unless we can vote them out of office, expect more compromised loss of liberty. Cops merely carrying out policy created by politicians will not be causal of loss of our Second Amendment rights. Cops cannot create law.

Here's my advice: join the Liberty Movement. Violence is not nor has it even been the answer. It's counterproductive and sinks us to the levels of the Bolsheviks of the Russian Revolution, & san-culottes & Robespierre of the French Revolution. BTW, the senseless murders of the French Revolution caused our Founding Fathers to reevaluate their beliefs in self-government.

Last edited by Laguna; 12/23/12.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by M7300SAUM
Originally Posted by Pat85
If you are asking if I will comply with new gun regulations the answer is yes. I don't like it but I'm not going to shoot my family members and friends who are in law enforcement and are charged with enforcing the law.

So your family members in law enforcement will participate in the confiscation of weapons?
What part of enforcing the law don't you understand? There really are some stupid SOB's on this site. Would you like individual law enforcement officers to pick and choose what they are ordered BY LAW that their supervisors require of them? Cut the crap about the American Revolution. Only an idiot would choose to kill people over a type of individual firearm or magazine capacity. If the laws that get passed by our elected officials and held by the Supreme Court are not acceptable to the majority of the citizens, then we need to change the laws, not kill people. So are you saying that you will kill people over a bill that bans certain types of guns and/or magazine capacity and the enforcement of that bill? Who here on this board would do that?
It's a question of liberty vs slavery. It's that simple.
What a load of crap. crazy

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

TRH,

We've became enslaved a long time ago. In fact, we can trace it to Wilson and its acceleration to FDR.

Our enslavement/loss of liberty was accomplished via incremental compromise. Apparently Americans never thought to examine the motives of those using the ruse of reasonable compromise. Liberty is not a concept to be compromised. Compromising liberty is never, ever virtuous.

TRH, you were right on the money with international bankers manipulating our liberty. I just finished Rickards "Currency Wars". We are already a satellite state of a one-world-government. Most Americans just ain't yet got it figured out.

If we're going to revert to the country that was the patrimony of our Founding Fathers, the Liberty Movement appears our only option. We must get out of the UN, out of the G20, out of the IMF, out of entangling treaties, stop using our military to achieve objectives of international financiers & monied interests, and dissolve the Fed Reserve. Even with that, we'd have a tough row to hoe to undo a century's damage inflicted upon what was once the greatest country in the history of the world.

We ought to revisit President Washington's Neutrality Act. We have no business meddling in affairs of other countries nor they ours. That's the essence of sovereignty.

Merry Christmas,

Tom
But disarmament seals the enslavement deal. It marks the final transition into slavery, crossing the last T and dotting the last I.

I agree. But this was put in place a long time ago. Our best and what might be our last hope for restoring liberty is a significant transition of power in Washington, which is why the Liberty Movement is so important.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Just do what I do.If the price is moer than I think is fair,I don't buy it. Whether it is firearms or groceries

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I will never regret killing the agents of government who come looking for our guns.

siskiyous6,

Assuming confiscation occurs, cops/federal troops actually doing the confiscating will be performing their assigned/ordered duty.
Can you say any different with regard to the Redcoats of the 1770s?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You clearly haven't studied, or you're pretending not to have. I haven't decided which. You may be forgiven for the former, but not the latter.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

siskiyous6,

Assuming confiscation occurs, cops/federal troops actually doing the confiscating will be performing their assigned/ordered duty.
Can you say any different with regard to the Redcoats of the 1770s?

Sure can. We were at war, which is a hugely different concept.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There was no state of war declared at Lexington and Concord. The Redcoats were the legitimate civil authorities in the colonies enforcing English policy in accordance with English law, which policy had by then become one of disarming the colonists in contradiction to long-established rights of English citizenship.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You clearly haven't studied, or you're pretending not to have. I haven't decided which. You may be forgiven for the former, but not the latter.
Cut the BS. Answer the question. "Are you willing to kill law enforcement personel over an enforcement of a ban on AR/AK style of weapons and or high capacity magazines that includes confiscation if you refuse to turn them in?" No diverting, answer the question.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Cut the BS. Answer the question. "Are you willing to kill law enforcement personel over an enforcement of a ban on AR/AK style of weapons and or high capacity magazines that includes confiscation if you refuse to turn them in?" No diverting, answer the question.
One hopes he will rise to the moment when confronted with open tyranny at his doorstep, but one never knows whether he has the sort of spunk such calls for till the moment he's actually tested. Failing said test, however, I perfectly understand that my status would instantly become that of a slave.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
There was no state of war declared at Lexington and Concord. The Redcoats were the legitimate civil authorities in the colonies enforcing English policy in accordance with English law, which policy had by then become one of disarming the colonists in contradiction to long-established rights of English citizenship.

True. However, before the Shot Heard 'round the World, war was a foregone conclusion, which was why the British army had marched on Lexington & Concord. All that was left was formality.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One hopes he will rise to the moment when confronted with open tyranny at his doorstep, but one never knows whether he has the sort of spunk such calls for till the moment he's actually tested. Failing said test, however, I perfectly understand that my status would instantly become that of a slave.

I.E, you ain't doing schit either.........

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by gunner500
Anyone that is so blind, deaf, and dumb that they didnt see this coming in Nov. '08 deserves to wallow in their own stupid self inflicted misery.

Gunner

Hi gunner500,

This was coming long before Nov 8.

Merry Christmas,

Tom

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by frogman43
[quote=M7300SAUM][quote=okok]

I'm sure there were good intentioned folk such as yourself during the 1800's here in America, but they changed their tune as well.

The bible says that the "blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth" Matthews 5:5 That doesn't mean we are to roll over and let an evil, vile, dictatorial government run amok. They WILL NOT inherit the United States of America! At least not without a fight....

"For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the earth" Psalm 37:9

The reason being, even if there are people such as yourself that will just give up on the Constitution and our freedoms, there are those that won't.
"I will not fear the ten's of thousands drawn up against me on every side" Psalm 23:4

Take from that what you will...............

"Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!"
I'm sure as h*ll not going kill anyone over a gun ban that targets AR or AK style of rifles and magazine capacity restrictions and the enforcement of that law. On that you can be certain. Only a person with diminished mental capacity would kill over that. You talk about the Constitution. Read it. It makes plenty of provisions for changing laws that are against the will of the people. I didn't read anything in that document that provides for murder if you don't like a law. Cut the BS platitudes and get real here.

But you are talking about the confiscation of guns from the Citizens. That is a different animal all together. When the government puts together an armed force and goes door to door taking things that are guaranteed by the constitution... its going to get ugly.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If you are asking if I will comply with new gun regulations the answer is yes. I don't like it but I'm not going to shoot my family members and friends who are in law enforcement and are charged with enforcing the law.

So your family members in law enforcement will participate in the confiscation of weapons?
What part of enforcing the law don't you understand? There really are some stupid SOB's on this site. Would you like individual law enforcement officers to pick and choose what they are ordered BY LAW that their supervisors require of them? Cut the crap about the American Revolution. Only an idiot would choose to kill people over a type of individual firearm or magazine capacity. If the laws that get passed by our elected officials and held by the Supreme Court ar

I don't know any who will, they will Quit first. Unlike your relation, individual freedom and the right to bear arms means something to these people.

Last edited by Pat85; 12/23/12.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

What part of enforcing the law don't you understand? There really are some stupid SOB's on this site. Would you like individual law enforcement officers to pick and choose what they are ordered BY LAW that their supervisors require of them? Cut the crap about the American Revolution. Only an idiot would choose to kill people over a type of individual firearm or magazine capacity. If the laws that get passed by our elected officials and held by the Supreme Court ar

FYI...cops are not required to enforce any law, at least not in Texas. We are required to REPORT violation of same. I know it comes as a surprise to some, but domestic LEO's work with almost total autonomy, short of being assigned a geographical place and time of responsibility.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
730 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 88 invisible), 2,728 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.