My place and time suuuuuuck.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
BP-B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Every Winchester M70 I've seen for sale would be considered price gouging.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Nevermind, the masochist in me couldn't leave that posted.

I like it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IMO it's wrong but I paid what I had to pay.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Laguna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Anyone that is so blind, deaf, and dumb that they didnt see this coming in Nov. '08 deserves to wallow in their own stupid self inflicted misery.

Gunner

Hi gunner500,

This was coming long before Nov 8.

Merry Christmas,

Tom

Correct, the death knell was sealed at that time, and again last Nov.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swampman700
IMO it's wrong but I paid what I had to pay.

Why do you think it's wrong?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Old farmers had a saying, "Make hay while the sun shines" and it would seem to apply to prices on magazines and AR-15 type rifles as well.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by M7300SAUM
It's a question of liberty vs slavery. It's that simple.
What a load of crap. crazy
You clearly haven't studied, or you're pretending not to have. I haven't decided which. You may be forgiven for the former, but not the latter.

What's that saying again? A person who doesn't know history doesn't know anything. They are like a leaf that doesn't know that they are part of a tree.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First time [bleep] me, second time [bleep] you......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii
Like some, I saw this coming and had already stocked up on reloading components and hi cap magazines.

BUT, what really chaps my butt is the customer that comes into the store expecting me to have my prices the same as they were 2 weeks ago, so he can buy it cheap and turnaround and sell it at a HUGE profit on Gunbroker frown .

OH! shocked But...that's not price gouging. He is just a smart consumer. smirk

Your point smacks of the reality of these situations. Thumbs Up.

Also, how do you manage to keep some stock on hand for your customers? People need to remember that they aren't paying the lease payments, help, taxes, permits, insurance, and lights you are to keep doors open. All too many are cheap bastids who would complain if you had to pay 100% more now and were losing 10% on every sale. Nobody needs that kind of "loyalty".

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sure can. We were at war, which is a hugely different concept.
There was no state of war declared at Lexington and Concord. The Redcoats were the legitimate civil authorities in the colonies enforcing English policy in accordance with English law, which policy had by then become one of disarming the colonists in contradiction to long-established rights of English citizenship.

True. However, before the Shot Heard 'round the World, war was a foregone conclusion, which was why the British army had marched on Lexington & Concord. All that was left was formality.
How do you know such couldn't be likewise the case in the near future?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 16bore
One hopes he will rise to the moment when confronted with open tyranny at his doorstep, but one never knows whether he has the sort of spunk such calls for till the moment he's actually tested. Failing said test, however, I perfectly understand that my status would instantly become that of a slave.

I.E, you ain't doing schit either.........
If you're correct, my status would then become that of a slave.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by goalie
What's that saying again? A person who doesn't know history doesn't know anything. They are like a leaf that doesn't know that they are part of a tree.....
I like it. Very true.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii
Like some, I saw this coming and had already stocked up on reloading components and hi cap magazines.

BUT, what really chaps my butt is the customer that comes into the store expecting me to have my prices the same as they were 2 weeks ago, so he can buy it cheap and turnaround and sell it at a HUGE profit on Gunbroker frown .

OH! shocked But...that's not price gouging. He is just a smart consumer. smirk

Your point smacks of the reality of these situations. Thumbs Up.

Also, how do you manage to keep some stock on hand for your customers? People need to remember that they aren't paying the lease payments, help, taxes, permits, insurance, and lights you are to keep doors open. All too many are cheap bastids who would complain if you had to pay 100% more now and were losing 10% on every sale. Nobody needs that kind of "loyalty".

if i decide to dabble in ARs again, these guys will get my business.

A-hole proof mags

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TO OUR LOYAL SKD CUSTOMERS: These mags will not be made available at our normal price so they can be flipped to take advantage of the current buying frenzy. Nor will we be profiteering off of this current panic like some vendors in our community. In order to make these mags "[bleep]-PROOF", we will sell them at or near current market pricing, and donate the difference from our normal price to either the National Rifle Association or the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. If you take issue with this move on our part, please do not write, email, or call to complain- we will not respond. Just take a deep breath, do a little yoga, and channel your energy into doing something productive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Price gouging" is vitally important: it prevents shortages.

Shortages only happen when some outside force--usually the State--places an artificial maximum on prices. Then the value of the good, whatever it is, is not properly represented by its price, and it's mis-allocated to people whose need for it is comparatively small, so that when people whose need for it is relatively great come looking for it, it's all sold out.

If prices are allowed to float with the market--which means that sometimes they'll be really high--then the price of a scarce good will be high to reflect its value, and people who want that good will be able to properly balance their desire for it against their desire for other goods with different values that they won't be able to obtain if they buy the high-priced good.

Allowing people to charge whatever they like for their own property leads to best distribution, best availability, and best use. Coercively suppressing "price gouging" leads to useless surpluses in areas where the good is of low value, shortages in areas where the good is of high value, and wastage.

A good reference for this kind of stuff is Defending The Undefendable by Walter Block.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I like it!

Edit: Referring to Toad's post , not Barak's.

Paul

Last edited by Paul39; 12/23/12.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by goalie
I like it. Very true.
As 16Bore says, you guys won't do chit. You are too afraid to even answer my simple question. But then I knew you were just a big blowhard. Enjoy your slavery tough guy. grin Keep talking your BS. Someday you might even convince yourself what revolutionary you will be. Ha Ha Ha. Too funny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
[quote=ringworm]
Selling bottles of water and those kinds of essential goods to people who are in distress/physical need for it is a different story entirely.

I understand your heart but let me ask you this. Say a storm hits Boston and you have no access to clean drinking water. I have some. Am I going to mobilize and move my product if I can only charge the same amount if I don't ship? Or do you go with out water?

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by M7300SAUM
Originally Posted by Pat85
[quote=M7300SAUM]
What part of enforcing the law don't you understand? There really are some stupid SOB's on this site. Would you like individual law enforcement officers to pick and choose what they are ordered BY LAW that their supervisors require of them? Cut the crap about the American Revolution. Only an idiot would choose to kill people over a type of individual firearm or magazine capacity. If the laws that get passed by our elected officials and held by the Supreme Court ar

FYI...cops are not required to enforce any law, at least not in Texas. We are required to REPORT violation of same. I know it comes as a surprise to some, but domestic LEO's work with almost total autonomy, short of being assigned a geographical place and time of responsibility.
How long do you think you would have your job if you refused an order from your superior to execute a search for illegal weapons? Get real here. You'd do as directed and try to figure out some BS way to save face for all your tough talk about upholding the 2nd amendment. Guys like TRH will be coming after you if you believe all his crap, which I don't. (I've seen his picture)

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Not everyone has your lack of intestinal fortitude in regards to our beliefs, apparently. As stated, I don't foresee NH instituting anything resembling a ban so I remain unconcerned. I also know my Chief and local officials fairly well.....

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,708 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,617
Posts18,398,496
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.