Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,052 of 1,842 1 2 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks Jeff,

Yeah, he seems to have inherited my Christmas sick gene. My sister an I used to be sick EVERY Christmas break, like clockwork.

He has a fever again but is sleeping soundly. I hope he feels much better tomorrow. His sister had this mess last week and responded quickly to the meds. I'm hoping he does as well. He still wants to play outside but I can't let him do that.

Camp is where you make it.
BP-B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Nathan is sick too.

Problem is, he won't tell anybody when he's sick.

He was wiped out after working on his spear house yesterday, laying on the couch, not looking so hot. We had both asked him if he's ok "yeah, I'm fine".

Pam sticks a thermometer in his mouth, 102*.

So, he's still in bed this morning, I better check on him before I head back out to the garage to work on his little spear house again.

It's getting closer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Wow, a 2 door!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah, it's basically a 2 man house with room for an extra kid or 2 if they wanted to tag along at watch. We figured it would be nice if each guy had his own door. Those of us that have spent some time fishing on the ice in shelters know that it is bothersome to have to stand up and move out of the way so someone from the other side of the house can get out the door.

Some sealer work, paint and some metal fab to build the steel skid frame and hitch today.

I found some bright red paint out in the shop, it's gonna be sporty.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sporty. (snort) I hope Nate feels better.

Jack found a yellow Chickenbuck shirt, I'm assuming it's Preachers.
So if you're missing one, let me know and I can send it your way.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yellow shirt... sounds like something the preacher usually has on hand, we'll check it out.

Jack doing any better today?

Nate still has a fever.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He is doing better. He's bouncing around pretty good today.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tell Nate to get better fast. He's got some spearing to do over Christmas break.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Glad to hear Jack is feeling better! I hope Nate feels better soon. We've been lucky in the sick kid dept. so far this winter. Hope it stays that way.

I get a flu shot every year and it seems to even keep the colds away. I used to get colds a lot that would settle in my chest and I would end up with pneumonia but since I have been getting the flu shot, I don't even get the sniffles anymore. (knock on wood)

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
the spear house is getting redder than heck.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tomorrow morning I'll weld the steel frame/skis together.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
very cool! that is something I've always wanted to do, hoping to get out on the ice here soon as well. temps have been fairly mild so it's iffy to go out.
made it out hunting today, saw more deer in one day than ever before, musta been 300. unfortunately they were all on the neighbors fields yarding up. managed to sneak up on a WT doe this morning and found a dumb mulie doe this afternoon at the edge of the cornfield. had fresh heart as a snack before supper. yum.

hope the boys heal up to enjoy their break. I've felt a sore throat coming on so using the airborne emergen-C stuff to ward it off. tonight I'm gonna try whiskey, see if it helps.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well that sounds like good hunting!

I went back out to the shop and welded that frame together. Put the house on top of it and slid it outside so I could put Pam's truck in the shop tonight. -6* and dropping.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
had a blast with my Bro in law, first time he's hunted in over 10 years he said.

-6 is too cold for me, I have to be in the mood for cold weather, and I aint ready yet!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
-16* last night, we may be headed for -20* tonight.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brrrrrrrrr!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Every winter I toss around the idea of getting a plow for my wheeler. I have a cub cadet 2186 with a 42" blower on the front. The mower deck is wore out so its strictly a blower tractor now. I have a cab for it. Just need to modify it because my homemade weight box is in the way for where it mounts in the rear of the tractor. I really need to get that cab on because beer freezes way too fast in the wide open.

grin

you need something a bit more freeze resistant...you know...higher octane. Glad to hear about your Uncle Gene

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
back in my younger days,spent a few hundred miles farther north than I am now,beer freezing during ice fishing was a real problem.
regular fare such a michelob or miller or bud would freeze instantly upon opening.(if it was cold enough)after much testing for suitable product,
the only beer that would stay liquid was.......grain belt.nothing else even came close.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by fluffy
back in my younger days,spent a few hundred miles farther north than I am now,beer freezing during ice fishing was a real problem.
regular fare such a michelob or miller or bud would freeze instantly upon opening.(if it was cold enough)after much testing for suitable product,
the only beer that would stay liquid was.......grain belt.nothing else even came close.

I have found this to be true as well. Grain Belt Premium would last much longer without freezing than the other beers.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Grain Belt brings back some memories. First beer (Under age)I ever bought. Must have a higher acohol content then the others mentioned if it didn't freeze.

I lived off campus my freshmen year. Rented a upstairs room in a private home.Used to set the beer on the window ledge. If you didn't time it right you would have beer cicles.

Page 1,052 of 1,842 1 2 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 84 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,939
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.