Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I do my online purchases from Widners and in person purchases at Scheels in Reno. We have a Cabelas and Sportsmens warehouse but Scheels has better prices.

HR IC

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Yes I did, they just said they are moving from the shipping system they had to the "sure post" so there are kinks in the system..."I'm sorry sir, but the system didn't account for the extra weight of the bullets. Once the shipment gets to a certain weight which the system didn't know, it bumps it up to the more expensive shipping, we are working to resolve the issue, but nothing we can do at this point. If the product does not show up in 30 business days let us know." I guess I don't understand the USPS flat rate if it fits it ships mantra. At this point I hope the bullets don't show up so I can at least make them refund the price of the bullets being as I'll have to eat the shipping cost either way.

You don't have to eat anything. Call your credit card company. Midway can only get away with it if you allow them to. My response would have been that it's "against may policy" and I don't accept the charges, wouldn't have purchased from them if they were going to stick me with the charges. You can refund my excess shipping charges or I can call the credit card company and dispute the charges...

David

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Black Hills Shooters is still the best and there is no shipping charge...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Grafs and Brunos. Most places don't carry the stuff I need locally.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Midsouth, varment nightmares. Shot alot of there 17 @ 22cal. bullets at gophers and shoot pretty good for the price.

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Mostly from Grafs but I do purchase locally at Cabelas or wholesale sports if I need it sooner than mail order.

I will hunt everywhere before I die!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Grafs and shooters supply are good to go....

Save Some Elk, Shoot A Wolf...........
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since Midway USA made their website such a stinking mess I don't even use them anymore their shipping cost damn near ran me off and the very poor website finished it.

I use Midsouth and Power valley or who ever else has the best sale price I can find online.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 12/25/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since I hunt with Northforks, ya gotta buy direct from them. They ship in the post office, 1 price box. What is it? About $8.95/box or something?
For other bullets, it's usually Sportsman's here in Fairtown. Back during the 1st Obummer scare, I couldn't get Partitions here in town but I was able to order from Cabela's. Their price, with shipping to me was within $1.00 (literally) of what Sportsman's charged per box. Still have some of those bulletso n the shelf.
BTW, I won't consider Midway for anything, even T-P. Been ripped off by them too much.
Bear in Fairbanks

Last edited by Bear_in_Fairbanks; 12/26/12.

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mainly Powder Valley and SPS here

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I buy my supplies from my local shop, if they don't have it in stock, they can usually get it for me. Although, they can't get 300 SAUM brass for me, so I usually get that from Sinclair, because they ship from the same lot. I will pay a little more for quality and service, I also like to support my local buisnesses and economy as much as I can. Bullet prices are about the same when you figure in shipping and handling. Prices on primers and powders are way better because of the crazy hazmat fees one would have to pay if ordering online, and they can get every brand of primer and powder other than Ramshot which is a real pain in the ass to get on this side of the USA because of their dealer minimum order policy. Although, not a big deal for me, as I have family in Montana. grin

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
184 members (32_20fan, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 25 invisible), 2,070 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.