T
Pales of Pain!

BP-B2

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Originally Posted By: fuzzyone
I have been on the ULA website and all there weight suggestions don't exceed 40lbs. Am I missing something?..... I don't see where a pack that tops out at a load capability of 40lbs has anyplace on a " backpack" hunt.
I just don't understand

Fuzzyone

Yes, you are missing a bunch.

Nope seems I'm not, going back to the truck for a "hauler" is not an option for me and a complete waste of time and energy.

Pardon my fat fingered I-phone typing
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by fuzzyone
Originally Posted By: fuzzyone
I have been on the ULA website and all there weight suggestions don't exceed 40lbs. Am I missing something?..... I don't see where a pack that tops out at a load capability of 40lbs has anyplace on a " backpack" hunt.
I just don't understand

Fuzzyone

Yes, you are missing a bunch.

Nope seems I'm not, going back to the truck for a "hauler" is not an option for me and a complete waste of time and energy.

Read through the thread again. Is the screen "fuzzy"? Got reading glasses?

Last edited by Take_a_knee; 12/26/12. Reason: spellin'
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I read it again, a modified ULA will handle some good weight, nothing fuzzy about that. You still haven't filled in that "bunch" I'm missing unless that's the "bunch". I'm not one to get into a pissin match and I agree with you in a lot of what you post on this forum. I believe that what works for you in your application/needs for a pack may not work for me in my applications and vice versa.

Happy trails

Last edited by fuzzyone; 12/26/12.

Pardon my fat fingered I-phone typing
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I replied you are "missing a bunch" because I knew of others in this forum who were using modified ULA packs. I wanted to give them the option to speak for themselves, and they did. I did not want to step on anyone's toes, as some guys here make outdoor gear for part or all of their living, and if they want to describe their gear that is THEIR place to do so.

In so doing I guess my terse reply stepped on your toes. That was not my intent. I apologize.

You need to understand a little something about marketing to most folks who buy ULA type packs. Almost none of them would ever consider carrying over fifty pounds, EVER. If ULA said the max weight for the Epic was say, 60#, the gram-weenie section would mentally kick it to the curb. The pack was designed for Dial's Arctic 1000 Expedition, and they started pretty heavy, WAY over 40#. So, they know what it will do, especially with the stiffer stays.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I had a G1, G2 LongHunter and hated both! The Siwash is my favorite and don't see it going anywhere. The HUGE Lumbar pad does not work for me at all. I have no arse so maybe that is my issue. I will be interested in feedback, but am looking at the Stone Glacier pack as well, so waiting for feedback.

Good Shooting!
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I'm not a big fan of lumbar pads either and I also am one of those with no curve in my lower back, lots of curve in my upper back and no butt.

A am a big fan of the Granite Gear Chief Patrol pack as the lumbar pad is easily removed and both the hip belt and shoulder straps have removable padding. So those that like it have it and those like me that don't can remove it. I also think with my odd back, the GG frame sheet works better for heavy loads than stays, but my max load out is 125-130.

Ed T

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
706 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.