Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Wipers that don't smear the windshield.

I noticed that the new Anco blades I got for our other car seemed to smear like the old ones did.

I bought one new Bosch Marathon wiper blade and it wiped the old cars windshield clean.

Not only that but even with the wipers running slow on delay I can now see through the rain drops that are on the windshield.

Now we have them on all of our cars.

There may be some other blades that are as good or better but I have been driving for over 50 years and I have never seen such an improvement.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bosch-22-Marathon-Wiper-Blade/16817328

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
BP-B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Thanks for the info Savage 99, I will give them a try. One thing I do about twice a year is to Super Clean my windshield using #0000 steel wool. Watch the video because this really works and believe it or not the steel wool does not scratch the windshield.

Kevin
NRA Lifetime Member
Retired, Fulltime RV'er
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ya, I like the Marathons. Despite being the most expensive, the Rain X are a friggin joke!

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bosch hands down. They also last forever. Had a set on an s-10 for 2 years and were still good when I traded it in. Have them on all my vehicles.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bosch are good, but I like PIAA better.

They come with a "treatment" towlett that you coat your clean windsheld with. The rain "beads" up after this treatment.

GREAT wipers, They usually only last a cupple years, but that's all I ever got out of the Bosch's also.

Virgil B.

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Good timing for this thread as my wipers are having a tough time keeping my windshield clean this winter and they're not even that old. I can't recall if they're Rain-X or Michelin but I will definitely try the Bosch wipers this time around.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Your wiper blades aren't the problem. Road grime is. Take a look at a store parking lot and see all the puddles where the cars park? Yep, that's oil. That same oil is being deposited on the highway. When you drive through the rain the cars in front of you are picking up that oil and depositing it onto your windshield into small micro fractures in the glass and from then on when you use your wiper blades, some of it is dragged across your windshield creating streaks. New blades won't eliminate it. What will fix the problem is degreasing your windshield. I use whatever "orange" degreaser is on sale. Spray it on, now wipe if off - vigorously. Repeat this process three times. Install new wiper blades. Test. Success!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I don't agree with what you wrote.

Just cleaning a windshield would not last! If the so called road oil or whatever is still on the road then it would smear up the windshield again.

I had put new Anco blades on the Grand Marquis and they smeared the windshield while it was raining.

I changed the blades to the Bosch Marathons and with the first cylce of the Bosch blades the windshield was wiped clean.

This was done to just one side at first and the comparison was right there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've never found anything better than the factory GM blades. Every replacement, regardless of brand had been worse, and dies twice as fast. I have not tried the Bosch that you speak of yet.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I find it hard to believe that I have been driving for over 50 years and I never noticed the smear from wiper blades!

I am no salesman for the Bosch Marathons. Odds are there are blades as good for maybe less $$?

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Wipers that don't smear the windshield.

I noticed that the new Anco blades I got for our other car seemed to smear like the old ones did.

I bought one new Bosch Marathon wiper blade and it wiped the old cars windshield clean.

Not only that but even with the wipers running slow on delay I can now see through the rain drops that are on the windshield.

Now we have them on all of our cars.

There may be some other blades that are as good or better but I have been driving for over 50 years and I have never seen such an improvement.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bosch-22-Marathon-Wiper-Blade/16817328

Yeah, I've had good luck with the Bosch wipers, and have used several on different vehicles for a few yrs now!

I've had good luck with the Rain X, also, just a little more expensive!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
G
G
I second on Bosch. Had a pair last 3 years, also if you clean and cote your wipers with WD40 they will work better and last longer. Something may grandpa taught me to do.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I use RainX and it most of the time I don't need to up my wipers at all.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Car Washes can leave a wax film that is an issue. It's not always the wiper blades.

RAVENS & WOLVES
V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
One of the only brand I can get multiple years of life in the desert out of as well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
467 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 46 invisible), 2,079 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.