Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have found both speed and accuracy to fall off with Remington 9 1/2s compared to CCI 200s, WLRs, and Fed.210s.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
HR IC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I seem to burn a good deal of the cci's. But I have good loads for them all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I mainly use RP 9 1/2M's and WLR's use WSP's and RP 1 1/2's. Also use RP 7 1/2's.

Seems to always be readily available and they have gone bang for me everytime.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Russian made Tula Large Rifle Magnums are what I use in everything except my .338LM. I use F215MM in it.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Russian made Tula Large Rifle Magnums are what I use in everything except my .338LM. I use F215MM in it.

I'll be trying those when they get here from PVI. Also have their SR primers ordered. Any experience with them?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

I'll be trying those when they get here from PVI. Also have their SR primers ordered. Any experience with them?

I use the Small Rifle Magnum in my BR rifle 6 PPC they are as accurate as anything being used in BR. Small pistol mag in my hand guns and large pistol magnum and large rife magnums they all shoot as well as anything else I've use. The chronogragh data also says they are as good.

I'll switch back to the American brands when they drop their prices to match Tula and Wolfe or come up with a primer that is more accurate than they presently are.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 12/28/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I like anything that works. Over the last 47 years I've tried most and they all worked fine. If the didn't, they wouldn't last long in the market.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Are match primers worth it for a hunter? I mean do they make much difference? also I have found very good accuracy with Ramshot Hunter a double base ball powder made in Belgium. It shoots better with Magnum primers in my 30-06. Buckfever1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by buckfever1
Are match primers worth it for a hunter? I mean do they make much difference? also I have found very good accuracy with Ramshot Hunter a double base ball powder made in Belgium. It shoots better with Magnum primers in my 30-06. Buckfever1

I'm not sure match primers are even worth it in BR.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Only primers I ever had a problem with were a batch of Rem 9 1/2 large rifle. Two out of a box perforated right at the outer edge of the pocket, this with a very sane .270 load. They impressed me with how destructive a jet of gas can be. Two tiny pin pricks but they each burned away a divot from the bolt face of the Model 70.

I had the same problem with some Rem. 91/2 primers. I put a few of the fired ones in an envelope and sent them to Rem. They offered to repair the rifle, but I didn't think the few divots would hurt anything, so I didn't send the rifle in.

They also explained they had come up with a new method for making the primer cup, and it was leaving a small crack or some type of weak place in the primer.

As far as I know, they recalled all of the ones that were defective.

I continued to use Rem. 9/12 primers ( not the same lot number), but a few years ago, I had some misfires with them. I switched to Federal and Winchester and haven't had any more problems.

Many years ago, when I fired in High Power competition, none of the shooters would use CCI large rifle because of misfires.

Maybe CCI has solved the problem since then. It was a long time ago.

I also shot in competition pistol, and none of the shooters would use Rem. 22 Rimfire because of misfires. These were the low velocity match cartridges.

IC B3

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I have used all of them with satisfaction. I have had the most mis-fires non-fires with Remingtons, but that's still only about 4 in about 40 or 50 thousand rounds... YMMV

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just a note that I was at my local reloading supply store today and there was absolutely no shortage of primers there.

100's of thousands of all brands and styles.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
WLR and WLRM for all applications. I've used them all and settled on winchester.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Just a note that I was at my local reloading supply store today and there was absolutely no shortage of primers there.

Care to share the location? Thanks

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'll bet they were cheap LOL

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Obviously the people in your area don't understand the gravity of the situation. wink

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Friggin hoarders and scalpers are at it again. There's more primers, powder and MREs stored underground by the hoarders and rathole warehouses by the scalpers than an army could use in 10 years. And damn if folks don't fall for it and start paying 2 prices for things they had no interest in buying before the Chicken Little choir started to sing. An instance of the participants creating they're own crisis. Reminds me of a forcast for snow in the South. Everybody stocks up on milk and bread, like milk sandwiches are going to make all other problems go away.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good post,that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc

Care to share the location? Thanks

Superior Shooters Supply in Superior Wisconsin.

Price is about what it was in the summer but very little is cheap at SSS.

http://www.superiorshooterssupply.com/

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any of you fellas ever use RIO shotgun primers? Haven't been able to find any Winchesters.

I know, it's just a [bleep] shotgun, figured I'd ask anyway....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
601 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.