Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
True, but, that is not what I had in mind and the issue is becoming one of great difficulty for Canada and our traditional policies/allies as our PM's behaviour makes all too apparent.

BP-B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I meant the cold look in thier eyes was the same as your examples as well as where I had seen it. Pure comparison is all.
Way beyond normal politics.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Fascist psychopaths, simple as that. They are RIGHT, everyone else is wrong and they KNOW what is "best" for all of us......much like Adolph Hitler, who also had the hard, cold, stare...........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dammit Kute, why da Hell do ya always have to post things I agree with so strongly??? Whether it is you Canuckians or us guys down here, Free,honest and repsonsible folks should have these guns at their disposal. We do as gunners have an unspoken responsibilty to weed the mad dogs from our ranks. So,as much as I love teasing the daylights out of you guys and occasionally getting pissed off when I detect too much British influence we are actually the best friends either country is likely to see. The real enemy for us all is government power run amok. The tools to end that must be ours.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
It is the decline in REAL ...British influence..., here in Canada and in "The Old Commonwealth", i.e. Australia and New Zealand, that IS our major problem.....which, btw, was/is the crux of my point here.

The perversions wrought upon our British parliamentary government and constitutional monarchy, are MOST obvious where firearms issues are concerned, however, there are other, deeper and even more insidious forces now attacking Canada, some of "cultural" and others of economic type and they ARE winning.

The entire "Official Multiculturalism" and "Human Rights Commission" mess is the most obvious problem, but, the constant attacks upon our British-based and once-proud culture, are even more destructive and these largely are in our (laff,laff) "education system" and corporate media. The latter is largely owned and controlled by the same group that the "gun grabbers" draw so many members from.

...detect too much British influence..., why, would the internal, cultural mores of a foreign nation concern you, given that Canada, is hardly a military threat to the USA? This, is an issue about Americans, that has always puzzled me, but, as you say, the ties of friendship are strong and we certainly agree on the whole ...government power... point.

The initial thing I would love to see is the government enacting legislation to prevent the corporate ownership of large sections of Canadian mass media. This, is one MAJOR problem in this country and it should not be allowed.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
as far as assault weapons"....

im still struggling to figure out what "weapon" i couldnt commit an "assault" with

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
SAKO75;
I hope this finds you and yours acceptably well this last Saturday in December '12.

Your comment is of course exactly on point and succinctly shows the problematic approach that is typical of those who wish to ban tools.

I recall vividly having a conversation decades ago with an RCMP Constable when we were having FN FAL's go on the restricted list. I suggested to him that there was no logical reason for what was essentially the beginning of a ban on them.

He replied that if someone pointed an FN FAL at him, he wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a semi-auto version which we were speaking of or a full auto capable version that was already prohibited here.

When I heard that particular line of flawed logic, I responded my saying that if someone pointed a single shot Cooey .22 at me he had my undivided attention and that wouldn't change one iota regardless of the color of the rifle being pointed at me.

Anyway I'm not sure I changed anyone's mind that day, but the Constable did concede that he really wasn't keen on being shot with anything either.

To my way of thinking, those who wish to ban tools - guns in this case - find it easier to do if they can compartmentalize certain tools and then give them labels which might frighten the uninformed and uneducated.

I actually was plowing out my neighbor's driveway a day or two back and got into this discussion with them. They are nice enough folks, but certainly would be considered politically much to the left of where I stand......of course I'm a wee bit right of Attila the Hun. wink

Anyway they were all for banning this and that tool and finally admitted that they'd like all guns banned. I pointed out that for instance Mexico currently had a ban in place and it didn't take a lot of research to see how wonderfully that was working out for them.

I also pointed out how armed the Finns and the Swiss are - my take and opinion being that either here or in your homeland, any issues with violence and tools are emphatically not tool issues.

Anyway sir, I am cognizant that I'm preaching to the proverbial choir here, but this is only to let you know that I do preach to the congregation and the people on the streets as well.

Lastly, according to my faulty memory of assault stats here in Canada, knives and assorted clubs were used many fold more times than any firearms. Again, it's not a tool issue we have here - it's a deep rooted societal cancer that some would rather treat with some cough syrup than the chemo we need.

On a cheerier note, I do hope that 2013 is a banner year for you and your family sir - all the best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kute,I shoulda been more precise with the comment about British influences. CURRENT not Traditional. BIG difference. Currently the Brits have become a client state. Folks would rather be on the dole than working. I think taht is a fair illustration of attitudes in general.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Well there is always the Mennonite assault rifle -- a 760 Remmy pump 30-06. laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fellas, the Brown Bess was the "assault weapon" of its day. Higher than average rate of fire (original definition of "firepower") mounted a bayonet and HORRORS, they were used for assaults!! EVIL STUFF THERE!!

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Kute,I shoulda been more precise with the comment about British influences. CURRENT not Traditional. BIG difference. Currently the Brits have become a client state. Folks would rather be on the dole than working. I think taht is a fair illustration of attitudes in general.

Great Britain, certainly has their share of problems, much of which stem from their magnificent stand against the spread of totalitarianism, in two World Wars, alone, for almost all of "The Great War" to our victory and for much of WWII.

However, London and New York, still are the two top financial centers in the world, exchanging the first and second positions regularly and the enormous cultural influence, worldwide, of England, on literally billions of people(s) exceeds that of either Russia or even China.

The reputation of the British is respected everywhere, their military is THE pattern for almost every successful military on Earth and H.M. Queen Elizabeth II, is the one monarch, who can and does travel worldwide to be greeted with admiration and respect.....the "upper classes" in the eastern US fawn all over her.

When, Britain's little outpost in "The Falklands" was attacked by the macho Argies, the outpouring of volunteer support here in Canada and in the other Dominions, was enormous....we were ready to fight and win, as we always have, against the bloody invader and while the offers were refused, they were genuine...I know, I was among them.

So, old boy, many if not most Canadians and, certainly, those, like me, of the families who built this nation over the past almost 400 years, WANT the British influence here, now and forever.....God Save The Queen!!!

I would like to re-do our rather pathetic Constitution, however and here is where I feel the USA got it right and we should use yours, largely written by English liberals, as a "pattern".

The other aspect of this is many, me included, want British influence to stay strong to fight off the hated "monsewers" and "the multicult mob".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The "Assault Weapon" label changes for us every election. SOB's! I have two that would probably qualify, a Ruger 10-22 because it can accept high capacity mags, and my M1A Supermatch for the same reason. I bought both because they are fun to shoot. If I had to defend myself in my home, I surely wouldn't use either one. I would use a handgun on short notice. If I knew it was coming and had a moment, I'd stuff the Remington 1100 with #4 bird shot. 5 shots as fast as I can pull the trigger and minimal over penetration.

I had a guy try to steal an outboard motor off a boat on the deck. I pointed my .44 mag at him through the sliding door. After he ran off, I called the police. They told me I was lucky I didn't shoot the guy. I'd have been arrested for malicious intent. I looked into it and you really don't want anything around that says to a jury "I was just waiting to kill the guy who breaks in." Assault Weapon, Street Sweeper, Black Talon Bullets, Personal Defense loads, 000 Buckshot... Doesn't look good in the papers, and a jury probably won't appreciate it. Having someone break in and shooting them with your bird gun with bird shot sounds a whole lot better, and less malicious. Doesn't make the guy less dead, but helps your case.

A nice Remington or Beretta trap or skeet gun with a 26" barrel, improved cylinder choke, and a nice 1 1/4 oz heavy pheasant load is a very potent personal defense, and it implies nothing of malice or predisposition to harm someone. "I heard the window downstairs break and I grabbed my bird gun, stuffed in a few bird loads and went downstairs to investigate!" Sounds better than a police report saying the home owner used a Spas 12 street sweeper shotgun with 12 round extended magazine and Shredder anti personnel buckshot loads." Doesn't it!

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yup, the "rot" is EVERYWHERE, the magnificent "Second Amendment", notwithstanding. The statist goons, minions of the corporate elite stand ready to arrest/imprison a decent citizen for DARING to protect his family, home and possessions.....

I chased an intruder out of my kitchen, who calmly walked in at dusk, several years ago, another New Years Eve, with my Ruger GP-100. Calling the VPD is a total waste of time, they act as though YOU are "the bad guy" because you have GUNS and will not respond in person to many calls.

I have a Benelli Nova with 3.5" No 5 Turkey loads and if I HAD to use a gun to protect my semi-invalid wife, that is my first choice.

I despise lawyers, politicians, power-tripping cops and all the useless, tax-wasting apparatus of the state, that cannot and does not protect we citizens and, yet, militates against our BIRTH RIGHT to do so.

Both Canada and the USA NEED to get back to the ideals of our Viking founders and support self-defence and home protection with NO state interference. I would bet that a new political party here in Canada, based on this and a few other basic issues might do very well in elections.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Some good points.
Years back, when the young fellows carried a fancy club in the cars, I told them that would look bad as "Exhbit A",to the jury.
I recomended a straight claw hammer. A bit easier to pass off as pure self defence.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A mag lite (big aluminum flashlight) is even better.

By the way, the viking reference made me think of a passage I read in Michael Critons Eaters of the Dead. He said that viking long houses had one door and it was very low, only waist height so people going in had to stoop. One could stand aside and lop their heads off if they came in uninvited!

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Hate to be looking for directions in that neighbourhood. blush

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Some good points.
Years back, when the young fellows carried a fancy club in the cars, I told them that would look bad as "Exhbit A",to the jury.
I recomended a straight claw hammer. A bit easier to pass off as pure self defence.

A baseball bat is even better........much more effective & more explainable.
Classification: Kid's toy
Officer asks: "What were you doing with a baseball bat on the back seat?"
My response: "I've got 2 teenage boys officer. Teenage boys play a lot of baseball."
Yup.....to the cops (who let's face it are and always were minions of the government) we're worse than the bad guys the criminal justice system molly coddles just for having guns. It's not hard to see where this is all heading with Obama, the UN & the ATT, Soros, Bloomberg, Pelosi & Feinstein backing the backstage international super-rich elite who themselves are surrounded with armed body guards.
When the LPC regains power in Canada under Justin Trudeau whose father was a champion among the elite international gun banners the Canadians will no doubt be turning in their handguns and semi-autos as soon as the next "enabling' mass shooting incident happens.......and the incidents will continue to happen because political correctness and the disarmament agenda is more important to them than even our kids and they will not post armed guards in schools no matter how many kids are slaughtered. They will never let the truth get in the way of ideology.

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I would say then, it depends on what fits. I heard a a story about a tiling spade as a weapon. "I'll cut your head off". The man telling the story said, 'I think it he could have done it too".
Course, these "tools", don't have much reach.
I suppose we could live in a tower, and pour bolling oil on intruders.
That might be a step backwards for civilization, and another place Brother Keith might not want to ask directions.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
. . . . . . . . . . and have you checked the price on a barrel of oil lately? Ammo is cheap alongside that stuff. wink

Brother Keith

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Ah, yes, another good point. Used oil I suppose, but then it takes fuel to boil it.
If a fellow could just not be assaulted in the first place, things would be simpler.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
713 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 77 invisible), 2,717 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.