Print Thread
Hop To
H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Looking for a english pointer pup to start training for next season.

Hoot

ALCOHOL TOBACCO & FIREARMS
Should be a covenience store, not a government agency.
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Find a pairing now and get one born in May or early June...Hunt him hard the puppy year, letting him do about what he wants...Make him love birds and learn to use the wind...force break him the following summer and break him on birds the start of the next season...Follow and you will have a dog most have never had...I had a few....

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
H
H
great training

H
Hoot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
A buddy of mine in Tenn. is talking up his Brittney. Just need a good warm weather bird dog. 80* today in Florida.

ALCOHOL TOBACCO & FIREARMS
Should be a covenience store, not a government agency.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
English pointers are good dogs. I have two of them now. Good luck finding a pup.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Hoot
A buddy of mine in Tenn. is talking up his Brittney. Just need a good warm weather bird dog. 80* today in Florida.

Brittanys are great dogs imo. That was my last and will be my next. Close workers that can still relax abit when the hunts over with. Good luck.

L
L
Originally Posted by C_Hell
English pointers are good dogs. I have two of them now. Good luck finding a pup.

It will must useful to have a pointer usually they are really a good hunter and hunt with them is really good.I had a pup he was died due to the unknown reasons even doctor couldn't tell it about..

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
My GSP is a great field dog, tireless and well mannered, but he tends to get a bit far out. I get tired of whistling him back all the first day. He seems to settle in by day number two, but that is usually a half day hunt so's I can get back home for work on Mondays.

I agree with getting him out in the field early and letting him learn his spot, The last two bird dogs (GSP and Viszla) I have had the opportunity to hunt with were broken in this way and are/were excellent field dogs and birders.

L
L
Originally Posted by Lavy_Garcia
Originally Posted by C_Hell

It will must useful to have a pointer usually they are really a good hunter and hunt with them is really good.I had a pup he was died due to the unknown reasons even doctor couldn't tell it about..

Please make me suggestions:
gold coast synthetic turf

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
689 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 2,693 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.