Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The CO DOW likes to cram all the hunting seasons in from Sept thru the last of Nov. They are even not all that crazy about the Sept. hunts as grazing leases are still in effcet and the DOW caters to the AG community or they would lose the witer feeding grounds. After Nov 31,they don't want to be out rescuing stranded hunters due to the weather. Where would another season be placed?

Last edited by saddlesore; 12/27/12.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Is there something a person can treat their musket caps with to waterproof them?

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by saddlesore
The CO DOW likes to cram all the hunting seasons in from Sept thru the last of Nov. They are even not all that crazy about the Sept. hunts as grazing leases are still in effcet and the DOW caters to the AG community or they would lose the witer feeding grounds. After Nov 31,they don't want to be out rescuing stranded hunters due to the weather. Where would another season be placed?

After bow season, and before 1st rifle season for the primitive season. There wouldn't be that many hunters, so it shouldn't upset the rifle hunters that much.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Guaranteed the DOW is not going to establish any more special season hunts.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
After bow season, and before 1st rifle season for the primitive season.

I would be all for that even though i might not hunt it. I can still get the extra days after rifle season if i wanted with an inline. It might also generate a little more revenue and interest in traditional guns.

Last edited by Overkill45; 12/27/12.
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Guaranteed the DOW is not going to establish any more special season hunts.

I know, I talked to them. I can wish though.

The funny part is they really think they have a primitive season now, because they don't allow scopes, pellets, and sabots.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by LarryBud
...Then I read the statistics on how fast the outdoor sports are shrinking in participation.

exactly.

You guys who live in wilderness are blessed, but on the other hand you dont seethe declines on a first hand basis like city/suburb hunters do. A way of life is disappearing. In a building with 75 employees I am the only one hwo hunts. that is down from 5 a couple years ago.

hunt with what you want, but if you REALLY want to be a hunter, find someone to pass it on to.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
watch what you wish for guys. when obama get thru we'll have to hunt with blow guns and sling shots

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
705 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 3,069 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,604
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.