Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
And why are we afraid of the consequences?

If an intruder breaks into my home at 3 am uninvited, I assume he has evil intent, and I'm prepared (since I'm married to the same woman I've loved for the past 55 years) to take WHATEVER action necessary to defend her. I don't care what is stolen, it can be replaced, but I'll NOT allow that intruder to steal the life of my wife!!! There's NOTHING material I own that's worth taking a life over, BUT at the mere hint of my wife being harmed, I will take whatever action necessary. And Canadian law will defend me!!

Yeah, I might detest the attitudes of some officers of the law, and some court minions, but I'd take it to the highest court in the land if need be, and to the Highest Court that rules over all.

Oh yeah, you're right, I am being monitored right now by someone, we can't escape that, but I'm not afraid... I had my 77th yesterday, and "what can mere mortals do to me?". My life is owned by Another. If my wife is harmed by ANYONE, there'll be "hell to pay", literally.

A number of years ago, when I was pastor of a Toronto church, we helped sponsor a radio ministry behind the "Iron Curtain". The speakers/preachers were Russian and Polish. The Russian was a member of our church, and made several trips to Russia each year in support of Christians who were tortured, persecuted, discriminated against, imprisoned and living constantly under the treat of death. Always, he was followed and interfered with by the KJB. Whenever he returned to Canada, within a week, CISIS was ringing his doorbell! He invited them in politely. They "asked" ("interrogated" would be a more precise term)their 50 or so questions, with a tone of accusation, which he politely responded to. The interrogation was over within an hour or so... then he politely asked them to leave, which they did. His comment was: "I got used to it... it wasn't really that much different than my interviews with the KJB!".

And he wasn't trying to be smart... he was just being his normal, pleasant self... which perturbed his examiners on both sides of the ocean.

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

BP-B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Ah, yes, another good point. Used oil I suppose, but then it takes fuel to boil it.
If a fellow could just not be assaulted in the first place, things would be simpler.

Hot sand works as well as oil. It's cheap and you can heat it with wood fires.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by CZ550
And Canadian law will defend me!!

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

With all due respect you need to wake up & smell the coffee guy.
The Canadian criminal justice system routinely persecutes and prosecutes citizens for defending their homes, loved ones and property with guns. There are several noted cases on record.
If you defend yourself in Canada with a gun you will very likely be charged and even if you are acquitted the legal costs will break you financially.
If you don't take the offered plea bargain which means surrender of your firearms license and all your guns for no compensation your looking at tens of thousands of dollars in lawyer fees.
The Canadian legal system would prefer to draw a chalk line around the dead bodies of you & yours on the floor of your own home than see you use a gun to defend yourself.

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
That is substantially correct and the majority of current L.E.O.s also are very "anti" self-defence by firearms and this comes from considerable firsthand experience. They seem to feel that THEY alone should have the rights outlined in Sections 33-37, of The Criminal Code of Canada and we "serfs" merely exist to pay their inflated salaries.

So, keeping a $3000.00+ "black gun"to "defend" one's hacienda, is largely a fool's means of dealing with the frequent home invasions and brutal attacks so prevalent in "multicultural" Canada and there ARE better ways of defending oneself,family and so on.

The MOST important one,is to ALWAYS phone your local coppers for help, and we keep cell phones with us for this. If, you MUST shoot to save your wife from the savagery we often see in "The Peaceable Kingdom (HA)", then, when the court sits in judgement on you, the fact that you TRIED to get help might assist in your defence.

Some years ago, an Eaton, used a handgun to ward off an intruder in one of their palatial homes and NO charges were ever brought forth; WE are NOT Eatons or Westons or Thompsons or Irvings and thus we are vulnerable to the morally decadent state in which we live, sad to say.

We NEED changes in Canada and soon and the first should be to close our borders, make Canadian citizenship more difficult to obtain and to always cancel the status of a "naturalized" citizen and then deport them for ANY crime!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pricedo
Originally Posted by CZ550
And Canadian law will defend me!!

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

With all due respect you need to wake up & smell the coffee guy.
The Canadian criminal justice system routinely persecutes and prosecutes citizens for defending their homes, loved ones and property with guns. There are several noted cases on record.
If you defend yourself in Canada with a gun you will very likely be charged and even if you are acquitted the legal costs will break you financially.
If you don't take the offered plea bargain which means surrender of your firearms license and all your guns for no compensation your looking at tens of thousands of dollars in lawyer fees.
The Canadian legal system would prefer to draw a chalk line around the dead bodies of you & yours on the floor of your own home than see you use a gun to defend yourself.

So very true....a sad state of affairs for sure.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Changes are needed in Canada my second country of citizenship but who is going to make those changes?
Even before the Newtown, Connecticut tragedy Harper had already sent clear signals that the abolition of the long gun registry was all the Canadian gun owners were going to get. The bulk of the oppressive Liberal C-68 firearms bill is still in effect.
Who is going to make these changes? The Justin Trudeau led Liberal government in 2015? I hardly think so.
The RCMP, the CFOs and the Quebec government will have enough information to reinstate the long gun registry and handguns and semi-automatic long guns will be banned to punish the Canadian gun owners for backing Harper and his Conservative party.
And YES, the majority of Canadian gun owners wlll re-register their long guns.

Last edited by pricedo; 01/02/13.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sad, that an immigrant to Canada, sees the FACTS of this situation more clearly than most Canadian gun owners allow themselves to do.

That said, I very seriously doubt that the LPC WILL form another government for quite some time to come and, while "La Dauphin" may become P.M., it will not happen as simply as many seem to think.

NOW, repeat, NOW,is the time for the YOUNGER shooters to get busy, form political alliances and elect solid "PRO" people to The House of Commons. We older, as in 60+ folks are about done and having been active in fighting gun control since I was 21, am 66 now, I am tired, have a semi-invalid wife to consider and no younger relatives to help. So, it's up to the people who have most to lose.

IF, Harper, sees a political advantage to it, he will accept that committee's proposals and even more gun freedom in a "New York Minute", the man is ALL about opportunism and that is politics in 2013, all over the globe.

Very good post, "pricedo", welcome to "the Great White North" and keep up the good work!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Changes are needed in Canada my second country of citizenship but who is going to make those changes?
Even before the Newtown, Connecticut tragedy Harper had already sent clear signals that the abolition of the long gun registry was all the Canadian gun owners were going to get. The bulk of the oppressive Liberal C-68 firearms bill is still in effect.
Who is going to make these changes? The Justin Trudeau led Liberal government in 2015? I hardly think so.
The RCMP, the CFOs and the Quebec government will have enough information to reinstate the long gun registry and handguns and semi-automatic long guns will be banned to punish the Canadian gun owners for backing Harper and his Conservative party.

I dont see it. Long gun owners balked at registration already, and they will balk again. Less than 50% of long gun owners registered their guns when C-68 went through, and after this fiasco I see less than 10% compliance the next time.

I never registered a single long gun I owned, and I waited out the storm until the registry was done. And I didn't bury these guns, either, I used them for hunting and shooting at the range. Mos people know did the same.

When the BC Co's checked us while hunting, they were universal "Don't even bother to look for your registration certificates, because we don;t give a crap about them. Just show us your guns are unloaded in your vehicle and your hunting licenses, and that is it"

RCMP were a little less emphatic, but similar. "You hunting? okay. You got PAL's? Great, lets see them. We only need to see one for all of you. Guns registered? Yes? Great. We don't need to check. Thanks"

Canadians will never submit to another long gun registry as long as most of us will live. Even the cops think it's bullshit.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Gatehouse

I dont see it. Long gun owners balked at registration already, and they will balk again. Less than 50% of long gun owners registered their guns when C-68 went through, and after this fiasco I see less than 10% compliance the next time.

I never registered a single long gun I owned, and I waited out the storm until the registry was done. And I didn't bury these guns, either, I used them for hunting and shooting at the range. Mos people know did the same.

When the BC Co's checked us while hunting, they were universal "Don't even bother to look for your registration certificates, because we don;t give a crap about them. Just show us your guns are unloaded in your vehicle and your hunting licenses, and that is it"

RCMP were a little less emphatic, but similar. "You hunting? okay. You got PAL's? Great, lets see them. We only need to see one for all of you. Guns registered? Yes? Great. We don't need to check. Thanks"

Canadians will never submit to another long gun registry as long as most of us will live. Even the cops think it's bullshit.

Don't get me wrong here, I never had nor ever will have any liking for the long gone gun registry, but I did register my guns out of respect for law.
My question Gatehouse is this.... you claim to have had no registered firearms so then how did you acquire your much bragged about Ruger Alaskan after the registry was in effect.
If that is so you broke the then existing law as did the store that sold a registered firearm to you without a transfer,obviously not a legal transaction.
You set a fine example as moderator on a so-called hunting forum.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bud Gills

Don't get me wrong here, I never had nor ever will have any liking for the long gone gun registry, but I did register my guns out of respect for law.
My question Gatehouse is this.... you claim to have had no registered firearms so then how did you acquire your much bragged about Ruger Alaskan after the registry was in effect.
If that is so you broke the then existing law as did the store that sold a registered firearm to you without a transfer,obviously not a legal transaction.

Busted?? ;-).

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Friends don't ask friends questions like that on a public forum.

Don't ask, don't tell. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Bud, has a VERY legitimate point here and with all respect to Gatehouse or anyone else here, I would be VERY cautious concerning an open admission to breaking Canadian laws.

Gentlemen, we are NOT "out of the woods"on this, yet, and very likely will see further destructive activity by the forces of the essentially fascist gun banners.....and Harper, WILL do whatever will get him votes!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I would be cautious about an open admission to breaking Canadian law because there will always be someone who will get their panties in a twist and try to moralize about it.
I found dealing with the registry interesting. I called once to register a rifle I planned to take to the next gunshow. The caliber and barrel length were not original. Whenb told I would have to take it to a verifier, I replied that I had no intention of going to a verifier and they could register or not register it and I didn't care much one way or another. The rifle was then registered.
We can only hope the registry stays gone and continue to push for reasonable regulations concerning restricted and prohibited arms. GD

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by kutenay
Bud, has a VERY legitimate point here and with all respect to Gatehouse or anyone else here, I would be VERY cautious concerning an open admission to breaking Canadian laws.

Gentlemen, we are NOT "out of the woods"on this, yet, and very likely will see further destructive activity by the forces of the essentially fascist gun banners.....and Harper, WILL do whatever will get him votes!

Harper will do what he thinks most voters want.
Really, when you think about it isn't that how democracy is supposed to work?

What burns my butt is the liberal media brainwashing Canadians into thinking guns and hunting are evil with lies, misconceptions and pure BS!

It's not a level playing field where all the facts are being reported honestly to Canadians so they can make balanced decisions.

The problem is not the politicians.

The problem is the media and their anti-gun, anti-hunting prejudicial brainwashing using misinformation and outright lies.

Last edited by pricedo; 01/06/13.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Do you mean politicians, like Harper's man,Peter Kent......?

Sorry, old boy, but Harper's agenda for Canada, will include slow and total disarmament of all Canadians. I no longer really care, I have no children, my nephews.niece do not shoot and own guns and I have all the guns I can ever use and will for as long as I want them.....but, I would no more trust Harper, than I did Mulroney or Chretien.

YMMV,of course, that's S.O.P. for forums of this sort.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
Originally Posted by Bud Gills

Busted?? ;-).

A guy with a pair of kahunias so let's gang up on him because he makes us feel ashamed of ourselves cause we rolled over and took it dry from the Chretien Liberals......typical.

"I never registered a single long gun I owned"

Looking objectively at his statement he didn't say that he didn't have any registered firearms.

I think he said that he never actively registered a gun that he owned before the long gun registry came in.

Any gun he purchased legally after the long gun registry became law would be automatically registered for him at the point of purchase.

Last edited by pricedo; 01/06/13.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
No, I don't see anyone bashing Clarke, whom I have exchanged many PMs with on a few forums,often helping with backpacking gear advice as I am much older than he and have been at it for decades.

What, I DO see, is some merely offering a cautionary post and some of us doing so actually have employment experience of a nature that tends tosubstantiate our concerns.

Courage,is great, but, remember the full-on frontal attacks on Dominion Day, 1916, at "The Somme" and what that cost us.....sometimes, a little more discretion wins a greater victory in the long term, as the C.E.F. under Bing's brilliant training/leadership showed at "Vimy" almost a year later..........

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by kutenay

If I annoyed anyone or gatehouse with my post I do apologize here and now.
However to my way of thinking to brag about defying and / or breaking any law of the land is really no different than a 16 yr. old boasting on Youtube that he ran Mommie's Beemer up to 100mph on the freeway just for the sake of receiving accolades from his pimply-faced audience.
Lets be more discreet... the anti- gun group does not need more fodder... my two cents...

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The question is, was it an open admission of a crime being committed? Or was it a clever play on words? Gatehouse can be quite sly with word smithing at times, and that is my take on it. :-)

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think alotta Canadian gun owners engaged in "dumb civil disobedience" after the LGR became law........in other words they didn't register all their guns and kept their mouths shut about the guns they didn't register.
One Canadian I know registered a made over 303 BR Lee Enfield that had a cheap Tasco scope on top, a cheap as dirt NEF 12 gauge to hunt with & kept the rest unregistered and locked up.
If there is an attempted resurrection of the LGR in the future I expect significantly less compliance than with the first LGR.
Dumb civil disobedience.......a severe lapse of memory in regards to bad laws brought on by political cowardice & stupidity seems to be spreading like wildfire in America now too under the threat of the Feinstein ban bill.
The Feinstein ban bill provisions that will confiscate ARs from dead Americans sounds alot like Section 12 of the Canadian Firearms Act.
I think these antis are reading from the same playbook.

Last edited by pricedo; 01/07/13.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
711 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,708 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,678
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.