24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
due to both the wife and i having lead feet we get pulled over pretty regular.....besides numerous times here in Montana we've been pulled over in Wyoming, Colorado, North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa and Florida....have yet to run into an arsehole cop during a stop....i just be pleasant and 9 times out of 10 get a warning....

Last edited by rattler; 01/11/13.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sure this will sound like a jerk BF...But evidently you are OK with those questions to avoid a ticket, because you answered them and avoided the ticket.

The cop was just verifying that your story was legit with the questions. Either that or he's going to stalk you now until you become his gay lover. But I bet he was just verifying your story.

He may have been a jerk, but that's no surprise. Some cops are jerks.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by tzone
With those phcuking plates....I'd have written you a ticket.

smile Cheesehead envy is always funny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pulling over to be safe, not really parked, and gets paper? I don't like that much at all. Don't like being fished, even with nothing to hide.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
What you have to consider is what information a cop has that you don't. I did not like working traffic. However, good arrests of really bad guys have originated from traffic stops, Randy Kraft being but one.

Cops look for those who are out of the ordinary. Especially in the morning when people are rushing to work, its common to see drivers eating, shaving, putting on make-up, reading documents while driving, moms trying to get bottles in crying babies' mouths, all of which are illegal. It's the dude that was going far out of his way to not get pulled over that attracted my attention. I once saw a dude on a beach in the summer wearing a long-sleeved jacket. It was obvious that he was hiding track marks. He got my attention. Now had it been winter, I probably wouldn't have looked twice at him.

IC B2

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most police can run your tags with their onboard puters before you can blink. They thus can know if you have CCW or not anyway. If they ask and you deny carrying, you are not off the suspicion hook. They are going to watch you extra close for other 'tells' for bad actors on the chance you are up to no good.

1B

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Then there are the few who are "badge heavy." Unfortunately some of us run into those cops now and then. They are the ones who should not be carrying the badge and the authority that goes with it.

L.W.

Usually its the young ones. It takes a few years to become an officer. Until then, they tend to give us older ones a bad rap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do my best to support LEO's. They really have a high pressure, thankless job to perform. I've only had one occurrence where I questioned a cop's actions. My daughter and I are coming home from a softball game and I get pulled over down the street a couple miles from our house. I'm not a speeder, my tags were up to date, and I hadn't crossed the center line or gone off the side of the road. The cop walks up to my door, addresses me by Mr. (Last name). I was a little surprised to hear that, but no big deal. He tells me my driver's license expired 3 days ago. I hadn't realized it-my bad, but my question was, why had he run my license, totally at random when I had done absolutely nothing to raise any suspicion? 'Took care of the license next day-end of story. I thought they had to have some reason or justification to run your license. I'm not real comfortable with them running I.D. checks just because they can.....

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've never had an issue with a cop, outside of me speeding once and driving with an expired inspection sticker.
I guess that I've been lucky.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This is a true story. I moved my family to Texas back in 1992. We had friends in New Orleans, so we stopped in to visit, then went on our way west on I-10 into Texas. No sooner had we crossed the state line than I was pulled over by a state trooper. He asked for license and registration, which I gave him. Then he said "sir, do you have any firearms in the car?" To which I replied "no."

He got a puzzled look on his face, and said "Oh." "Well, there's a place down here about a half-mile on the right where you can stop and getcha one. Have a nice day."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Illegal to eat while driving? Had no idea. Do it all the time. Why else would they have drive through?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Ain'tcha glad that we're so civilized?

We [bleep]'en ROCK! grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I-20 east bound in east Texas. Been driving sixteen hours staight. About 4A.M., my ten year old son asleep with his head in my lap, I see the flashing lights in my rear view mirror. I know what thats about and pull over.

My son wakes up, sees the flashing lights and begins to wag his finger at me saying "I told you not to speed" Troopers looking through my rear window see the lecture I'm getting , just gave me a smile and a warning.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got stopped early one morning just down the road from home. It was cold and I was driving about 45 in a 60 while the engine warmed up. I think the cop wanted an excuse to stop me to see if I was driving slow because I was lit. He found a good one. The road goes from 1 lane to 2 lanes. He stopped me for not signaling which lane I was going into. He didn't give me a ticket but it was plain that not signaling wasn't his reason.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Something kept bugging me about this post when I read it yesterday. We went out to dinner with friends. Husband is still a road patrol officer and wife now runs Central Dispatch. Both agreed that cop was fishing, which may have been somewhat justified. Maybe a BOL for a similar truck, or the cops had been asked to check the area due to previous illegal activity.

One thing that they did agree on was that there would have been no grounds for illegal parking unless it was posted "No stoping, standing or parking". an occupied vehicle is not parked it is standing.

My ONLY negative interaction with LE occured in Illinois as well. Cook Co. SO. I was living in WI and driving to MI for a job interview. morning rush hour on the toll way, I was pulled over for 63 in a 55(I was hanging with heavy traffic and figured I was doing closer to 65). $100 CASH bond was due on the spot, I then had to mail payment of the ticket ($104 +postage)only to recieve a check for my $100.00 bond 60 days later.

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most police departments highly encourage drivers to pull over to use cell phones and it's required in some places. If you'd gotten a ticket for doing it, there might be a case for an entrapment plea.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Swampman700
cops are [bleep].

The way the officer handled the interaction with Blackfrog was wrong. Entirely.

Your statement was funny. Made me think of the old Pot/Kettle thing.

Being an a$$hole yourself, you would know one when you see one.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Illegal to eat while driving? Had no idea. Do it all the time. Why else would they have drive through?

webster,

It falls under distracted driver. A couple years ago CHP cracked down on it. Usually cops don't pay attention to it until drivers swerve or otherwise endanger others while trying to prevent secret sauce from dripping on their crotches, which is really hard for women to explain.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
cops are [bleep].

You're an ass hole but that goes without saying. Did I mention that all cops (government minoins)are ass holes.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
cops are [bleep].

You're an ass hole but that goes without saying. Did I mention that all cops (government minoins)are ass holes.

How do LEO's differ from other Government minions? say members of the armed forces??? Such as members of the 1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983 and the 919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994.

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
436 members (160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 300jimmy, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 45 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.