Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Usually pays to spell words correctly before calling others azzholes

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Cops have a tough job in the world we live in today,...and it's going to get much tougher as time passes.

They can be a pain in the butt,...no doubt about it,...but I suspect I'd soon turn into a pain in the butt too if I had their job.

In fact,...I doubt that I could do their job, period.

I'd go nuts on some [bleep] someday. I don't have a hell of a lot of patience.

As a reply to the OP, your reply is bullshit.

Cops acting like a-holes isn't something that should be tolerated by the people. Harassing someone for doing the right thing and driving safely is a big deal. When you take little situations and abuse your authority, you undermine all of you co-workers by eroding the base of respect your profession used to have with the general public.

My one "serious" interaction with the MPD changed me from pro-police to "maybe give them the benefit of the doubt" with a huge emphasis on maybe.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Swampman700

See also: "A$$ whipper" which is what I'll be should you and I ever bump into one another, regardless of your geriatric, (look that up if you need to) goofball, $hitstain on the underwear of humanity, status.

Keep it up, and I'll crimp your oxygen tube.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You seem smart enough to figure it out. Of course I might be wrong.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

See also: "A$$ whipper" which is what I'll be should you and I ever bump into one another, regardless of your geriatric, (look that up if you need to) goofball, $hitstain on the underwear of humanity, status.

Keep it up, and I'll crimp your oxygen tube.

Yawn.....

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
wink

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by goalie

As a reply to the OP, your reply is bullshit.

My one "serious" interaction with the MPD changed me from pro-police to "maybe give them the benefit of the doubt" with a huge emphasis on maybe.

Yeah,..but you're a Minnesota yankee.

Ain't nothing up there in that frozen wasteland but yankee azzholes.

Why would you expect yankee cops to be any different?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I mean, "duh",..yanno?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Damn yankees runnin' around up there,...givin' each other the finger,..sayin' "fug you" instead of "good morning".

Then some yankee cop pulls 'em over and they start cryin' about how he's an azzhole.

You live in an azzhole part of the country.

Deal widdit.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Yeah,...I know that a buncha southern folks are readin' this but are too polite to comment.

They're like,... "Well,...after all,...they're yankees,..bless their hearts."

Fug that.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A tip of the hat, Bristoe. Thou hast told it as it is.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
You been ta Michigan too,...ain't ya?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Unfortunately.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I live on a Right of Way. There are no city laws governing the usage of it. I work for the power company that owns it & have a letter of right to use it in my home file.

Inevitably, there are three home owners that absolutely object to anyone being back there. So, they call the law on me on a regular basis. Every time the cop does a drive by as required. Every now & then he'll stop, tell me he is simply following orders & remarks that he's done his duty and moves on.

I have had nothing but good encounters with my local law enforcement. I am sure they'll keep up the good work.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
For the most part, Reloader, we ass holes are just trying to do a job. Hope all is well in your world today.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by eh76
cops are ass holes.

you are what comes out..........for making a blanket statement like that

Agreed, Theres plenty of good cops out there. Nobody writes about them they just b1tch about the bad ones.

This is true, but they are in a position to royally EFF with people and do so quite regularly. The NJ route 17/NRA sticker story and side of road cell phone story from the OP are commonplace.

Been pulled over for having an ARPCNJ (range) sticker. If I had a pro abortion sticker would they check my car for a bloody fetus?

Lotta good cops of course.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
For the most part, Reloader, we ass holes are just trying to do a job. Hope all is well in your world today.

Crimson, I got pulled over today in rural NJ. Chatted for a bit, and have to say it was the smoothest least problematic stop/questioning I've had.

Drive back to suburbia or heaven forbid the city, a short 40 minute drive, and its quite different. I bet it has to do with the clientelle (sp?) that applies fo rthe various depts.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A tip of the hat, Bristoe. Thou hast told it as it is.

AMEN and I grew up there, I am southern by choice and will stay so.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Yeah,...I know that a buncha southern folks are readin' this but are too polite to comment.

They're like,... "Well,...after all,...they're yankees,..bless their hearts."

Fug that.

I still love you Bristoe.................. grin

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Crockett,

I am glad to hear that your stop went well. In 18 years I have had stops go all kinds of different directions.

I was blessed on more than one occasion to make aquaintance with folks who would later become friends.

I always let the people I stopped dictate the approach I took with them. I've always tried to treat people as good as they let me.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 78 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.