Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
And I've looked at all of the peep sight options. The Williams FP is definitely the most appealing and least expensive of them, other than the WRGS, but I want the peep on the receiver, not out where the rear sight is currently.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
BP-B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The williams peep mounts on the rear scope mount holes. BH209 is not recommended in plunger guns but some guys have good results with no more than 80gr.

selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Overkill45
The williams peep mounts on the rear scope mount holes. BH209 is not recommended in plunger guns but some guys have good results with no more than 80gr.

I know the FP Williams peepe mounts on the rear scope mount, but does the WGRS? And do I need to get a different front sight arrangement in order to use the Williams peep options?

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Yes, they both mount in the same spot. The factory front site should work but i cant say for sure. I know the FP works with the front site on a MK and LK. I dont know much about the American Knight.

Last edited by Overkill45; 01/16/13.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I just found a deal on the Williams FP. It looks like they have them in SS too.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/881130.htm

IC B2

selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Overkill - I just ordered it!!!

Selmer

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
IIRC those come in old Knight packaging but they are a Williams FP. The description is wrong. It only fits Knight round top plunger guns. It does not fit the MKs or the DISCs.

It will fit an American. They are a early version of the LK, Wolverine and Bighorn which are all round tops.

selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Perfect.

Selmer

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore
Swampy,

BigBlock455 has demonstrated over the years he knows what he speaks and his words can be trusted and he has proved his DEEDS many times..,end of story.

Doc

Horse $hit.....

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Pretty convincing coming from a guy whose favorite muzzleloader is a "bolt-action" LMAO.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I need accuracy and safety. I don't expect you to get that.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
you need a good ass kicking is what you DO need IMO.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Guys, just do what I did and put him on your "ignore" list.

Venor ergo sum
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by txhunter58
Guys, just do what I did and put him on your "ignore" list.

Best advice yet ..I finally did it.

selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've PM conversed with Swampy. You do realize that he has a lot of fun getting you all riled up, right? I think he's bored...

Selmer

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by selmer
I've PM conversed with Swampy. You do realize that he has a lot of fun getting you all riled up, right? I think he's bored...

So he is acknowledging he has a mental problem. We are at this forum to discuss Muzzleloaders not to have some pyscopath continually pound some kind of message 24/7. He is a [bleep] pyscopath.

selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This is actually my first time wading into the Muzzleloader forum. I wondered where he was venting his energy, I hadn't seen it around too many other parts of the board. And having fun getting people riled up is hardly a mental problem. I actually picture a somewhat bored older fellow with a big grin on his face watching all of you react to him. grin My experience with him is that he is harmless, sticks to his opinions like stink on a dead skunk, and the more one tries to change his opinion, the more stubborn he gets. I think it's interesting that he doesn't resort to foul language or name-calling, but yet can stick a burr under dozens of guys' saddles with just a few words. It might be a gift! An annoying one, but it takes some skill and tenacity. I've learned to laugh at swampy and his antics, you might do well to also. Or just put him on ignore - that works for a lot of people. smile Peace!

Selmer

selmer Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So I did a little swampy searching in the ML forum. Yep, his energy and antics are alive and well here too, I see. I forgot to add that he's either a pathological liar or just tosses out braggadacio to get everyone riled up. I'm actually inclined to believe the latter. He's not all that different from that guy you walk away from at the gun counter who has done everything and knows everything. But you can't get away from him here. So just roll with it, ignore what you want, respond to what you can't ignore, and have the wisdom to know the difference.

Selmer

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
So I did a little swampy searching in the ML forum. Yep, his energy and antics are alive and well here too, I see. I forgot to add that he's either a pathological liar or just tosses out braggadacio to get everyone riled up. I'm actually inclined to believe the latter. He's not all that different from that guy you walk away from at the gun counter who has done everything and knows everything. But you can't get away from him here. So just roll with it, ignore what you want, respond to what you can't ignore, and have the wisdom to know the difference.

He is on ignore and others would be wise to do likewise. He doesn't add to any topic posted here. Most of the topics here are very civil until this clown gets involved.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Swampy doesn't get me riled up, quite the contrary.

But I know he gets riled when I point out his choice for a muzzleloader "action" is about as useful as teats on a boar.

And you're a little off-base in saying he doesn't resort to name-calling; he resorts to it when he gets riled.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (6mmbrfan, 160user, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 14 invisible), 1,708 guests, and 748 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.