Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by grand_veneur
You may add the new Browning "Maral" in-line repeater, designed for driven hunts with manual cocking device, straight pull ejection and auto reload after manual ejection. Mag capacity higher than what we may have in our hunting semi autos.

[Linked Image]

Europe maybe; but doubtful on these shores.

It's not in their 2013 catalogue, and I didn't see it at SHOT. I may be wrong, but I don't think it's coming to the U.S. this year.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
BP-B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Maybe I am missing something here but did anyone see the Winchester M70 SHOT Special rifles. Between meetings I made it over and was not disappointed. A 26" Extreme Weather in .264 Win Mag., this one may be calling my name in a bad way. At right about 7lbs it may be what I consider perhaps the perfect western deer rifle. Also a 26" wood/ blued Featherweight in 7x57, I am sure that neither one of these will last long but keep an eye out for distributors to get a few...

Also the new short action 84M Kimber Ascent, at a few ounces under 5lbs it seemed to be disrespecting the laws of physics when you picked it up, but, it extremely intriguing. If they introduce a 7-08 or .260 it might be too much to handle at bonus time...

Thanks,
Nick

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
The Ascent was actually introduced last year, but it escaped my notice. With any luck, I may still get to do a review on it. I'm intrigued with it, too. What? You mean you don't want it in .280 AI? wink

As for M70, I don't recall seeing any SHOT Special rifles - just the two new Ultimate Shadow Hunter models (one blued, one stainless), Then again, I was on a mission to track new stuff.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by grand_veneur
You may add the new Browning "Maral" in-line repeater, designed for driven hunts with manual cocking device, straight pull ejection and auto reload after manual ejection. Mag capacity higher than what we may have in our hunting semi autos.

[Linked Image]

Europe maybe; but doubtful on these shores.

It's not in their 2013 catalogue, and I didn't see it at SHOT. I may be wrong, but I don't think it's coming to the U.S. this year.

Saw it in the Browning international catalog, the product is ready since summer 2012 but in 2012 the launch of the B725 was the priority.

Va t'in tch�re !
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KDK
KW, you mention a new M70 with a stainless barrel. Should that read barreled action, or is it SS tube and CroMo action?

There are two new models with camo stocks. The SS has a stainless barrel and receiver. Weight varies from 6 lbs. 12 oz. to 7 lbs. 4 oz., depending on caliber. It's available in the following: 243, 7mm-08, 308, 270, 30-06, 300 Win Mag, 338 Win Mag, 300 WSM, 270 WSM and 325 WSM. MSRP is $1039-$1079. Here are basic specs on the Ultimate Shadow Hunter SS from Winchester:

"LIGHTWEIGHT SYNTHETIC STOCK WITH Mossy Oak� BREAK-UP INFINITY� CAMO helps you hide from wary game
�GRAY OVERMOLDED RUBBERIZED GRIPPING SURFACES offer enhanced control
�MATTE METAL SURFACES help reduce glare
�ALLOY ONE-PIECE BOTTOM METAL WITH STEEL FLOORPLATE adds rigidity for better accuracy
�FORGED STAINLESS STEEL RECEIVER WITH INTEGRAL RECOIL LUG IS BEDDED FRONT AND REAR to eliminate shifts in zero for exceptional long-range accuracy
�PRE-�64 STYLE CONTROLLED ROUND FEED WITH CLAW EXTRACTOR fully controls cartridge from magazine, to chamber, to ejection
�Three-Position Safety shows safety status at a glance
�SPORTER WEIGHT FREE-FLOATING STAINLESS STEEL BARREL for years of pinpoint accuracy
�RECESSED TARGET CROWN enhances accuracy and protects the rifling
�M.O.A. Trigger SYSTEM with zero take-up, zero creep and zero overtravel gives you outstanding accuracy
�Blade-Type Ejector for full ejection control
�WinSorb� TECHNOLOGY RECOIL PAD for optimal protection against felt recoil"

Cool, thanks.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Isn't the tribal pistol for one of those reality shows? Where you get kicked off the island?

Last edited by ConradCA; 01/21/13.

[Linked Image from ]
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
That's my bad on the Ascent, i thought just the long action was introduced last year.

Thanks
Nick

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Isn't the tribal pistol for one of those reality shows? Where you get kicked off the island?

226 Tribal:

Yet another example of Sig being completely out of touch with reality.

In my very jaded grouchy, opinionated opinion, Sig needs to pull their head out of their third point of contact and focus on quality control.

They have managed to destroy the reputation of what once were absolutely stellar combat handguns. Today's Sigs are a total crap shoot. You may or may not get a reliable one. You may or may not get one where the sights actually stay on the weapon.

15 years ago you could pick any new P226 out of the box, load it and go to war. Not a friggin' chance now.

But you can get rainbow colored guns, Gold etched Molon Labe juvenile crap with matching grips on your unreliable Sig 1911, Don't forget the Sig with the "diamond plating", or the "Zombie edition" P238.

Talk about a company that has lost their minds and destroyed what once were considered one of the very best.

OK/....1,2,3, Grouch OFF.

CHEERS!

smile

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
WTH is a Sig 226 "Tribal" crazy

Designed for the Black Tribal Gang Members

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tell it brother! When we first issued P229s to detectives in '96 they were Mercedes; of course it took more than 2 years to get everyone 12-round mags due to the 1st AW Ban.

That's a little known consequence of the 1st one, BTW.

By the time they transitioned the whole department to P229Rs in '06, fit and finish had degraded markedly and they frequently go TU on range days. We've already changed out the dicks' guns for Gen4 G23s and they are running well thus far. Narcotics has been packing G27s since '98.

Officer survey says our 220-plus sworn members ready to round file SIG and put G22s on every hip.

I bought my smooth shooting 229 when we traded for the Rs. It and a 226 I picked up in '92 are ready to go to war with still.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Pretty sad from Remington. Browning didn't come up with much either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by ConradCA

226 Tribal:

Yet another example of Sig being completely out of touch with reality.

In my very jaded grouchy, opinionated opinion, Sig needs to pull their head out of their third point of contact and focus on quality control.

They have managed to destroy the reputation of what once were absolutely stellar combat handguns. Today's Sigs are a total crap shoot. You may or may not get a reliable one. You may or may not get one where the sights actually stay on the weapon.

15 years ago you could pick any new P226 out of the box, load it and go to war. Not a friggin' chance now.

But you can get rainbow colored guns, Gold etched Molon Labe juvenile crap with matching grips on your unreliable Sig 1911, Don't forget the Sig with the "diamond plating", or the "Zombie edition" P238.

Talk about a company that has lost their minds and destroyed what once were considered one of the very best.

OK/....1,2,3, Grouch OFF.

CHEERS!

grin grin

I've recently had 3 Sig pistols - a P220 Super Match, a 238, and a 938. All three had problems. The P220 had a rear sight that wouldn't adjust properly, though it was reliable and accurate. The trigger was unworthy of a match gun, and I could easily out-shoot it with my Baer. Traded it for a shotgun.

The 238 needed a modified recoil spring before it would run reliably. It was traded for a 938

The 938 did not run reliably. I wrote up a mini-review of it in the handguns forum. The main problem was, they appear to have shot peened the whole slide assembly, roughening surfaces that should have been left smooth, like the breech face. I've polished it up, and need to try it again to see if it will run. I guess I'll keep it, at least until Colt makes something similar.

I was interested in the Sig 716 rifle, but after all those problems, I decided to stick to my Armalites. I read somewhere that the former head of Kimber is now running Sig, so I guess Sig will now be making lots of nice looking guns that work 60% of the time. frown

smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
KW, any info on when the Springfield XDs in 9mm will be available?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A magnificent list of firearms. I have never felt comfortable with the Kimber autos. They do not seem intuitive to operate like a Colt or Baretta.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only Kimber I have left is a 10mm, which I view as a hunting gun. It's got some good features, but it's not reliable enough for defensive use.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by lightning
KW, any info on when the Springfield XDs in 9mm will be available?

Sorry, don't know when they'll ship. If they follow the trajectory of the .45s brought out last year, it should be fairly soon. However, if they sell as well as the .45s have, better get your name on a waiting list now. Dealers got plenty of those guns in last year, but couldn't keep them in stock. Most sold as fast as they arrived.

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
The only Kimber I have left is a 10mm, which I view as a hunting gun. It's got some good features, but it's not reliable enough for defensive use.

The only Kimber pistol I have -- a full-size Eclipse Target II -- has been with me for quite a few years now, and I've never had any issues with it.

I'm really looking forward to testing the new S&W bobtail commander-sized 29 oz. 1911 from the Performance Center. I should have that in my hands in a few weeks. That may turn out to be the sweet carry piece I'm hoping it will be.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NathanL
Originally Posted by Mako25
Vanguard Series II Back Country, 24 in. fluted cerakoted barrel, 6 � lb., aluminum bedding block (changed from announced pillar bedding),

They keep getting closer to pullin' me in.

Being discussed in the hunting rifle section. I believe it would be cheaper to buy a regular vanguard and stick a McMillan edge under it and come out ahead in the money department by a good bit.

I'm looking forward to testing this one. I should have one for review within a month. Don't know what caliber it will be as they're building them now and it will be first available. Weatherby's goal with this rifle was to get the weight down while retaining a 24 in barrel -- hence the fluted No. 2 contour barrel. That will appeal to some, especially in the magnum chamberings. They originally announced this as having a pillar-bedded stock, but told me they have switched to a stock with an aluminum bedding block. They said they also "made some changes" to the stock itself to help keep the weight down. In any event, they're confident in the package as it comes with the sub-MOA guarantee.

This may well win my dollars

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was looking at a S&W revolver the other day that had animal footprints on the cylinder and text etched on the barrel. Backpacker model? Reminded me of the animal stickers you give to children.

[Linked Image from ]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
744 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,764
Posts18,401,436
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.