Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NMSSHOOTER
Eddybo thanks for the invite. This is the only forum I have ever been on. I would love to come down and help you manage some of your herd. How far south are you? My work schedule is gonna be kinda busy but if possible maybe Roger and I can make a trip south. thanks again

I am in Mccomb but the spot I invited yall to is just west of Canton about 15 miles on hwy 16. Like I said Just locked it up, no stands up but who needs stands for long crop fields. I will try to get yall a PM out the rain is murder on satellite internet

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by schoolmarm
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Tatelaw, NMSshooter, I have never taken a trophy whitetail shooting long range, but find it is one hell of a tool for culling does. I just locked up a spot on Hwy 16 very near the big black. I used to hunt the property 15 years ago. I hear the current lease holders have let the does run wild. If yall want to come shoot some does....or a buck if the opportunity arises, yall holler. Do I know yall from the old MDWFP or Bull forums?

Good for you EddyBo. We gotta cull a few here but no LR opportunities just 100-200 yds. Shoot some of those monsters you make.
BG

You going to make it to the MOF forum get together at my place after season? We are going to break out my big cooker and we are going to have a sausage cook off. Everyone is bringing a pack of sausage from their favorite processor. we are going to have judges to determine the best. Also a couple of magnolia record scorers are supposed to be coming to score deer for folks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmm, how long is the season?

T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Our season here in North MS starts in early November and runs through the end of January if you include the primitive firearm seasons. I was thinking the season started about 2 weeks later down south and ended in mid Feb. I haven't gone to the state website to check for sure.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by schoolmarm
Tatelaw, NMSshooter, I have never taken a trophy whitetail shooting long range, but find it is one hell of a tool for culling does. I just locked up a spot on Hwy 16 very near the big black. I used to hunt the property 15 years ago. I hear the current lease holders have let the does run wild. If yall want to come shoot some does....or a buck if the opportunity arises, yall holler. Do I know yall from the old MDWFP or Bull forums?

Good for you EddyBo. We gotta cull a few here but no LR opportunities just 100-200 yds. Shoot some of those monsters you make.
BG

You going to make it to the MOF forum get together at my place after season? We are going to break out my big cooker and we are going to have a sausage cook off. Everyone is bringing a pack of sausage from their favorite processor. we are going to have judges to determine the best. Also a couple of magnolia record scorers are supposed to be coming to score deer for folks.

When and where I want to try and make it down for this

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
[quote=BrentD] Very hard to make this post jive with your first post.

Not if you read 'em both.

Originally Posted by BrentD Does that somehow justify a 633 yds shot? [/quote

Justify?? Why does he need to justify anything to you?

Good shootin' Tatelaw. I once was taking a ration of sh** from a guy around a campfire for missing a shot at a buck. Then, the oldest and by far most accomplished hunter there spat in the fire and said "if you ain't never missed a shot, you either haven't hunted much or ain't tryin' hard enough."

Smoke, you can't reason with a dhimmicrap. He's a "victim" of the publik skool "look and guess" reading method. He guessed. If some rich people had had more money lifted from them and thrown at his skool he likely could read better.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am proud I am not the only one thought the story read complete and no contradictions. I thought that since I was there and knew the story I was reading between the lines. I guess us southern rednecks can read correctly after all.
Thanks for the comments

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We got 2 more on the 17th. Mine was 480 yards and Rogers was 220. He shot first then mine stopped at 480 just a little to long for her own good. Both of these was DRT. Roger shot his with his new 257 weatherby and I shot mine with my 7rm sendero.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing like long range doe poking'...Good job boys!

T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
The new 257Wby Luke mentioned is Safariman's custom 257 built on a Pre 64 Model 70 action. I truly appreciate Realralfy agreeing to sell it and I intend to continue to put it to good use. It is my first custom and I think I started out well!

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, maybe by this time next year you can keep up wth sendero

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TATELAW
The new 257Wby Luke mentioned is Safariman's custom 257 built on a Pre 64 Model 70 action.

Sounds like a sweeeeet rifle.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got another sendero in 300 RUM In a ss series II. Ill have it ready to go for next year

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Is that an invitation? That sounds like an invitation grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I plan to have 2 so I will have an extra. The RUM is supposed to be a shooter too. Maybe we can swap a hunt

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Sounds like a couple of guys enjoying deer hunting. Keep it up, life is too short!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by NMSSHOOTER
Maybe we can swap a hunt

If I had one to swap, I'd be right there with you. I could always welcome you to the public lands in the great state of Colorado.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A good guide is always worth its weight in gold. Maybe one day we can get together.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
669 members (12344mag, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 76 invisible), 2,677 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,614
Posts18,398,421
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.