Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
J
JFE Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
There are certainly some nice LH rifles people seem to find.

David - welcome to the forum. I'd like to see a pic of your rifles, especially the Heym.

Regarding your question about the LH Kimbers in 222, I dont know but LH Kimbers are generally very rare and probably one of the best of the short actions that were available to lefties.

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I don't know how rare it is, but I've only seen the one I have. Its a LH Weatherby Euromark in .240 Weatherby.

Mike

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday - John Wayne
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
1885boomstick,

If having only one really bothers you, I could trade you a couple of my plain jane lefties for your one ultra-cool one!

C
ctw Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I have a sauer 202 lux in 06 that is an amazing rifle! I stumbled on it as a local shop bought and sold a few. With it I truly do not need another center fire rifle, and a cz rimfire takes care of my 22. I owned a cooper 57 that was a very early left hand rifle but the cz matched it with accuracy still miss the cooper though.

What you have done is not nearly as important as how you have done it!!!
The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH
LH Browning 22 Hornet. Not sure how rare, or how many they made,(anyone know?) but was discontuned last year.

I also have the Browning in LH 22 Hornet

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I have managed to come up with a few rare lefties over the years.

A LH Zastava in 9.3x62 with a Lonewolf stock.

A LH Sako in 35 Whelen Imp with a nice piece of walnut. This gun also has a Griffin & Howe mount AND a peepsite setup that you can stll use WITH the scope mounted.

A Hart action with Hart barrel in 300 WSM riding in a Lonewolf stock.

I have several other lefties but these are the ones I would consider rare.

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Left-hand Remington Model 788 rifles were made in .308 Winchester and 6mm Remington. I have both of them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My first LH Rifle in 1971 or 1972 was the Left Hand Remington 788 in 6mm Rem . The only rifle i ever really shot the barrel out of . I killed more than 60 deer and thousand of groundhogs with that rifle. My go to loads was the Sierra 75 gr HP and H380 for varmints and the Hornady and Sierra 100 gr with H4831.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Sako L581 in .284 Win. The 581 was a prototype distributed to gunwriters in USA for evaluation. Original caliber was .308. Comments were negative and gun was never marketed. According to Sako rep, Col. Charles Askins did not return his rifle. Back then this seemed to be accepted by the manufacturers. Askins had his gun rebarreled by the looks of it and the action reworked to .284 Win. I found the gun on the 'net with an authentication letter from Askins and bought it.

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by RaystownRon
Sako L581 in .284 Win. The 581 was a prototype distributed to gunwriters in USA for evaluation. Original caliber was .308. Comments were negative and gun was never marketed. According to Sako rep, Col. Charles Askins did not return his rifle. Back then this seemed to be accepted by the manufacturers. Askins had his gun rebarreled by the looks of it and the action reworked to .284 Win. I found the gun on the 'net with an authentication letter from Askins and bought it.

You have the winner. No doubt............

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
[Linked Image] I have a few LH bolts but my Stolle Panda (white rifle with flame paint job) chambered in 6 PPC is a one holer!

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Have a lot of rare ones! Carl Gustav, Mauser 66, coopers, Alfa , texasmag,ackley lh, pre64 's converted , heyms, bats, mauser3000's. But the most rare is A. Baushka brill double square bridge Mauser in 416 rigby,True lefthand. Not converted. I know , THEY NEVER MADE ONE!!! Oh yes they did! I think I miss spelled it.

Keep your head on the stock,wood on wood
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bea175
Originally Posted by 700LH
LH Browning 22 Hornet. Not sure how rare, or how many they made,(anyone know?) but was discontuned last year.

I also have the Browning in LH 22 Hornet

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You both suck. (just saying....)

grin

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
On the rifle pictured (Converted Mod 70) as maybe by Bob Smith, I think

From te looks of it, as I have had them, using a screw for the bolt stop/release, it's a Bob West job.

I still have one, but had Duane Wiebe make a conventional type Mod 70 bolt stop. Also have a Tom Burgess altered one and a Duane Wiebve altered one with a total different bolt release. Nice, but it removes and peep sight option. Probably could go to the other side and fit a Mauser unit.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You are right it was Bob West. When I made that post I couldn't remember whether his last name was West or Smith. Thanks for jogging my memory. I fitted and modified a model 70 bolt stop to mine so that it is under the bolt handle. Mine originally had the screw for a bolt stop.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mathieu 340 Wby

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by sbsmith
Mathieu 340 Wby

Just curious - it's not stainless, is it?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have a Remington BDL LH in 338 WM. Only one I've seen.

D
D
JFE: Thanks for the welcome--I'm not ignoring the request for a photo. I opted to do a studio shoot (I've done some fashion and product photography; "anything worth doing is worth doing well".) I made it to my studio yesterday with the dual purpose of showing my brother how to set up a classic 4 light strobe layout for a model shoot he's doing Friday and experimenting with firearm photography.

By yesterday I had in-adverted to your request for a picture of my left-handed battery--not just the Heym--and then had connectivity/compatibility issues with my brother's full frame Nikon digital camera. I'm in the process of sorting them out.

It dawned on me that photos of all my firearms would be a worthwhile project, so I'm going to start over today.

Here is the list:
CZ 452, .22LR
Kimber 84, .222
Stag 15, .223
Remington 700LH Kevlar Custom, .280
Winchester Model 70, .30-06
Dakota 76, .375 H&H
Heym Express, .416 Rigby

My first two LH rifles (and my other long guns) were stolen in 1973. All of the current battery came afterwards. Although the original post implied current ownership, "the ones that got away" would be in the same league with the ones I and others included in this thread.

I bought a Savage 110 barreled action in .243 at a gun shop in the first year of production. I found a Bishop drop-in stock in another gun shop. It wore a Redfield scope. It quickly proved to me that .243 was not a 300 yard deer cartridge-a heart shot deer ran about a half a mile before he got to a fence he couldn't jump. It would qualify as rare in my collection because the 110, introduced in 1958, is oldest continually produced bolt action rifle made in the US and the LH introduced the next year was the first commercially available LH bolt gun. Adding the combination of a low serial number and the amateur assembly (with no gun smithing) of components purchased from retail sources would I think make it virtually a one-of-a-kind 1 moa production rifle--neither custom nor one piece.

The other was a Browning T-Bolt, also bought at introduction (about 1965) and I believe the first .22 LH available. I don't miss the Savage but I really would like to have the T-Bolt back. Indeed, the CZ is at Briley as I write this, challenging a gun smith to get as much creep as possible out of the trigger and maybe even a clean break (he isn't all that optimistic).

Cheers

David

D
D
I forgot my Remington 700 LH in .300 Win. Mag. It's stainless with a gray laminated stock--I doubt if it's rare. The PH I hunted with in SA early December had just bought a new RH one just like it.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

716 members (10gaugeman, 117LBS, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,791 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,154
Posts18,465,082
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.